Gaming Good protective case for a DSI XL

jacobbones

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I will be giving my nephews DSI XL's with supercards filled to the brim with games for christmas.

However, they have this strange ability. they can break anything with minimal effort. Gave them a 360 last year and it took them 19 seconds to drop the controller and break the left bumper. Its true Its on video. I timed it

Wanted to get a protective case for the DS, something that will protect it when it gets dropped or sat on.
Ive seen those nerf cases, but I dont think they have em for XL's.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
jacobbones said:
So I will be giving my nephews DSI XL's with supercards filled to the brim with games for christmas.

However, they have this strange ability. they can break anything with minimal effort. Gave them a 360 last year and it took them 19 seconds to drop the controller and break the left bumper. Its true Its on video. I timed it

Wanted to get a protective case for the DS, something that will protect it when it gets dropped or sat on.
Ive seen those nerf cases, but I dont think they have em for XL's.

Anyone have any suggestions?

lol, my girlfriend's daughter has broken two DS fats, two DS lites, and an IPOD touch! Her mother bought protective cases for the DS's but she just loses them. Amazingly, she has a launch Xbox 360 that still works, though.

Anyway, you might want to try chinese mail order, they're a lot cheaper than gamestop. ex Deal Extreme or Price Angels. The merch won't arrive in time for Christmas so you may have to mandate supervised playtime until hardware-saving reinforcments arrive!
rofl.gif

BTW--Visualization of kids and their systems --->
hate2.gif

jacobbones

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Rasas are you saying the nerf cases aren't very protective?

Thanks for the link, I eneded up finding it at bestbuy.com a buck cheaper and free shipping so I got it there.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't give you the link because GBAtemp has it blocked for some reason, but on Price Angels.com,

search "Protective Plastic Case with Aluminum Cover for NDSiLL (Dark Blue + Black)"

It'll be in the Video Games/NDSi XL/LL Accessories category.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Snailface said:
]So I will be giving my nephews DSI XL's with supercards

lol, my girlfriend's daughter has broken two DS fats, two DS lites, and an IPOD touch! Her mother bought protective cases for the DS's but she just loses them. Amazingly, she has a launch Xbox 360 that still works, though.

Anyway, you might want to try chinese mail order, they're a lot cheaper than gamestop. ex Deal Extreme or Price Angels. The merch won't arrive in time for Christmas so you may have to mandate supervised playtime until hardware-saving reinforcments arrive!
rofl.gif

BTW--Visualization of kids and their systems --->
hate2.gif

lol not to be rude or anything but dam, i droped my ipod touch so many times on the floor and that thing hasn't broke yet, she ain't a elephant or something is she?
unsure.gif
that thing is made of hard glass. 0_0

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was going to suggest the Thrustmaster case (as it does it's job in style), but if you want maximum protection, go for the Nerf one.

@ShadowSoldier: PA is censored due to advertisement spambots.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually ordered one of those hard cases like what ShadowSoldier mentioned pretty recently. Unfortunately it has been in customs all weekend.

I chose the completely black design (Protective Plastic Case with Aluminum Cover for NDSiLL (Black), Item #:71145) though, because I felt any more than two colors on the Burgundy model XL I have would look awful.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.