Gaming DSI XL Recently started to just shut off after several minutes

zincmann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have an adult owned from new Nintendo DSI Xl which really had little use over the years. I understand this was back from 2008 but was always in a metal case and then stored in a zip up carrier in my home gameroom office upstairs. So part of that little use required me to charge it as it had little battery life in it and i charged it to full about a couple of days ago. I also use it with a SUpercard DSI One which has worked over the years.

So no it started to turn on, allow me to play some game off the card and then shut right off. Its getting to be about the same amount of time maybe a few minutes. No never been dropped but I had swapped out the Flashcart into another DSi to check that and no issue there. I swapped the battery out of another DSi XL i had and same issue.

Any thoughts on this? I cannot believe it to be a ribbon cable or probably would not turn on. Checked some recommendations from another post suggesting moving the lid back and forth to see if there is any color change or tapping the bottom to see if it shuts off.

I havent opened it up but there has been no liquid ever spilled inside it. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

zincmann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So ok upon further testing and reseating battery again I am playing another DS Rom and and seems to be not shutting off. Could a corrupted DS Rom cause a system shut down? Maybe a setting on my flash card causing a conflict?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte