www.lightake.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
zelda123456 said:
Had to register just to warn fellow members'

WARNING: DONT ORDER FROM LIGHTTAKE!

PLEASE check reviews online'

I spend $40.00 on 3 acekard in Nov 2010 and its Jan 15 2011 and still havnt recived it' It gets stuck in china customs and lighttake will not take responsibility for it even with a tracking #, And as for paying with paypal? They only cover Purchases through ebay, speaking through past experience,
I dont know if i can post links to other sites here so i wont but PLEASE do yourself a favor and check reviews before you buy or better, spend a little extra and buy from trusted seller' I might of loss my money but i will delicate myself to let others know before they regret like i did'
I know the "bad review" towards us on resellerratings , sorry to tell you we really can't do anything on the slowdowns from the postal services if you chose free shipping.
But it's odd that you still didn't get your order if it is shipped in Nov 2010 , please kindly tell me what the order number it is via PM .
Fortunately , Hong Kong post seems be back to normal now from Jan 15th 2011 .

zelda123456

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I know the "bad review" towards us on resellerratings , sorry to tell you we really can't do anything on the slowdowns from the postal services if you chose free shipping.
But it's odd that you still didn't get your order if it is shipped in Nov 2010 , please kindly tell me what the order number it is via PM .

If you couldnt do nothin for me through e-mails, how is that gonna change me sending you a message through here' And you think resellerratings is the only "bad review" check again 'google' is ur best friend,

Dear friend,

So sorry for the inconvenience.
Mid December to mid February due to Christmas and Chinese New Year rush and holiday interruptions. Orders placed during this time can experience month long delays.
Hope your understanding.

Best regards,
Freya

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
g33z said:
anyone tried realhotstuff.com ? i'm thinking of getting mine from there.
QUOTE(johncatman @ Jan 15 2011, 01:06 PM) I would recommended http://www.realhotstuff.com/ for ordering a Acekard 2i. I ordered my Acekard 2i from them 2 days ago and i tracked it from USPS and its coming in the mail today
biggrin.gif
. They defiantly don't have the best prices but for fast and free shipping i differently recommend them.
yaynds.gif
It Cost 18$ With Free Shipping Btw

Here is some reviews of this site: http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Real_Hot_Stuff

In the past RealHotStuff has knowingly sold fake AceKard2is (Which I think turned out to be clone 2.1s with the 1.4 update forced onto them).
Then they lied to many people about them being fake when confronted about them, calling them a 'bad batch'.
Then they said that Team AceKard would be releasing an update to fix them, which wouldn't happen as they weren't real AceKards.

If you think this is an acceptable way for a business to act, go ahead and buy from them.

Ozz465

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered 2 acekards from lightake on the 7 , just now leaving Singapore,here hoping everything goes good. Will post what happens here.

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
MrHuk said:
I got mine from ndscardshop.co.uk, delivery was a little slow (a week) but the Acekard was legit so I can't complain.

Lol joined 14 january? Suddenly since around 10 january people talk about ndscardshop.co.uk seems for me untrustable.

Lightake

Trophies
Website
www.lightake.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
zelda123456 said:
QUOTE said:

If you couldnt do nothin for me through e-mails, how is that gonna change me sending you a message through here' And you think resellerratings is the only "bad review" check again 'google' is ur best friend,

Dear friend,

So sorry for the inconvenience.
Mid December to mid February due to Christmas and Chinese New Year rush and holiday interruptions. Orders placed during this time can experience month long delays.
Hope your understanding.

Best regards,
Freya
You'll finally get a replacement or refund if you don't get the package on deadlines.
And you are right , it is always better to contact the customer service rather than me for these issues.
Hope you get it soon .

Best regards,
Jason

MrHuk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bjorno said:
MrHuk said:
I got mine from ndscardshop.co.uk, delivery was a little slow (a week) but the Acekard was legit so I can't complain.

Lol joined 14 january? Suddenly since around 10 january people talk about ndscardshop.co.uk seems for me untrustable.

Perhaps I should have joined 2 years ago, even though I only just got a DSi.

tin-foil-hat1.jpg

obeanjoebean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After three months I finally got my Acekard 2i from Digimartz.com.....long story short every time I boot it up it gives me an error screen (black) saying error has occurred please contact Nintendo. Hold down the power button to shut down the DSI.

I'm using DSI 1.41U and I heard in order to update it to 1.41U you would need a DS lite to update the firmware.

Perhaps my card is not legit , or perhaps it just needs to be updated, I would love some feed back to enlighten this. So long long story short Digimartz.com is somewhat reliable, but that is still up for debate whether they sold me a bad card or not.

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
obeanjoebean said:
After three months I finally got my Acekard 2i from Digimartz.com.....long story short every time I boot it up it gives me an error screen (black) saying error has occurred please contact Nintendo. Hold down the power button to shut down the DSI.

I'm using DSI 1.41U and I heard in order to update it to 1.41U you would need a DS lite to update the firmware.

Perhaps my card is not legit , or perhaps it just needs to be updated, I would love some feed back to enlighten this. So long long story short Digimartz.com is somewhat reliable, but that is still up for debate whether they sold me a bad card or not.

which icon do you see? AK2 icon, danny phantom, Alex storm rider?? If it shows danny phantom or ak2 icon, you have to update it. If it shows storm rider, use he paper trick.

obeanjoebean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bjorno said:
obeanjoebean said:

which icon do you see? AK2 icon, danny phantom, Alex storm rider?? If it shows danny phantom or ak2 icon, you have to update it. If it shows storm rider, use he paper trick.

This is what I see for an icon. DSI 1.4.1U
SAM_2110.jpg

Niles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, never realised finding a decent shop was so difficult. I placed an order with 0shippingzone.com around Dec 24th, I ordered numerous flashcarts and accessories (2 DSTwos, and 2 Acekard 2i's). My order arrived around Jan 4th (pretty decent considering it was over two holidays), everything looked great at first, then I realised I was short one acekard 2i. I promptly emailed them, they asked me to double check my package which I did. I replied again confirming that infact I was short one acekard, they apologized for the inconvenience and sent another out immediately. This other card arrived about 2 weeks after they sent it.

I keep hearing about all these shipping delays from China, but 0shippingzone.com is in China too, and I've now received two seperate shipments from them since Dec 24th. Overall I would highly recommend 0shippingzone.com. I've come to learn that no matter how good a store is, mistakes will happen... I was thoroughly impressed with the excellent customer service from 0shippingzone in regards to remedying the problem I had.

Just to add to it, both cards were preflashed and working perfectly on the latest DSi firmware.

obeanjoebean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
obeanjoebean said:
bjorno said:
obeanjoebean said:

SAM_2110.jpg

Okay since I have the AK2 icon I will need to update the Acekard 2i with a DS Lite right? So if I went down to the local store , bought a DS lite , updated the Acekard 2I then returned the DS lite to the respected store......would that work? Or have the DS lite also been patched to 1.4.1? What is the current firmware version of the DS lite that are sold in stores now?

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
obeanjoebean said:
obeanjoebean said:
bjorno said:
obeanjoebean said:

SAM_2110.jpg

Okay since I have the AK2 icon I will need to update the Acekard 2i with a DS Lite right? So if I went down to the local store , bought a DS lite , updated the Acekard 2I then returned the DS lite to the respected store......would that work? Or have the DS lite also been patched to 1.4.1? What is the current firmware version of the DS lite that are sold in stores now?

No "firmware version", any DS Lite will do.

Just run the "Acekard 2i DSi 1.4.1" update on the card in the Lite, and you won't have to do it again, you can return the DS Lite.

Just know if you update it it may need to be done again with the next update.

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Schlupi said:
obeanjoebean said:
obeanjoebean said:
bjorno said:
obeanjoebean said:

SAM_2110.jpg

Just run the "Acekard 2i DSi 1.4.1" update on the card in the Lite, and you won't have to do it again, you can return the DS Lite.

Redo again? You mean the DS Lite? No. You can just update using the dsi file, you only need to update it once with a ds lite.

obeanjoebean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:

Redo again? You mean the DS Lite? No. You can just update using the dsi file, you only need to update it once with a ds lite.

Okay just make make things clear:
1. Go to store, buy DS Lite (any color
smile.gif
)
2. Download 12918-141up.rar,
3. unzip to folder, move ak2ifw_update_141_DSi.nds into a SD micro chip.
4. insert the SD micro chip into Acekard 2i and then insert the Acekard 2i into the DS lite.
5. boot up DS lite, boot up Acekard 2i chip, run the ak2ifw_update_141_DSi.nds file.
6. Follow the instructions on the ak2ifw_update_141_DSi.ds file.
7. turn off DS lite.
8. Insert Acekard 2i into DSI, boot up DSI

Does that sound about right?

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
obeanjoebean said:
QUOTE said:

smile.gif
)
4. insert the SD micro chip into Acekard 2i and then insert the Acekard 2i into the DS lite.
5. boot up DS lite, boot up Acekard 2i chip, run the ak2ifw_update_141_DSi.nds file.
7. turn off DS lite.

Actually I said it in the wrong way, I meant that after you did the update you can just use the dsi file on your dsi to update . use the ak2ifw_update_141_DSL.nds file on the ds lite. It will ask you to swap carts, just push out cart and push it in again. Start the update on your DSL. and you can use it on your dsi.

obeanjoebean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bjorno said:
obeanjoebean said:
QUOTE said:

smile.gif
)
7. turn off DS lite.

Actually I said it in the wrong way, I meant that after you did the update you can just use the dsi file on your dsi to update . use the ak2ifw_update_141_DSL.nds file on the ds lite. It will ask you to swap carts, just push out cart and push it in again. Start the update on your DSL. and you can use it on your dsi.

So what your saying is that, before I can update it to use on the DSI I have to run ak2ifw_update_141_DSL.nds first on the DS lite?

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I ordered a fake Christmas Edition Acekard 2i (Facekard) from Price Angels, because I wanted to see if I could get the cheapest Acekard ever ($11.12), and I actually got it pretty quickly.
Ordered it on Dec 13th, shipped Dec 16th and got it about 10 days after that.
No Christmas delay or anything.
Even though it was fake it did work with AKAIO 1.8.1, 1.8.5 keeps showing the 'you might have a fake card' pop-up, which is rather annoying of course.

They also have a genuine Acekard 2i Christmas Edition for $13.62.
I know mine is a clone and it was to be expected as it said so on the website.
Don't know of course if the real ones are actually real since I didn't order one of those, but I certainly can't complain about the delivery time and prices.
I do hear they have a spamming problem on the forums and such, for marketing purposes to get them higher google rankings, but other than that they seem pretty reliable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo