Golden Sun TLA: Can't transfer Gold password from GS1..

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by wanderone, Mar 27, 2010.

1. wanderone
    OP

Newcomer wanderone Advanced Member

United States
    I've tried three or four times to transfer the Gold clear code to a new game of TLA and I keep getting an invalid password error!

I used a modified Golden Sun rom that was patched with a leveling code and attribute modifier boosting codes to beat the game.

Could this have messed up the sav file in some way and made the password unrecognizable to TLA? I'm thinking something like values that are higher than TLA will recognize which makes the password invalid.

Thx for any help anyone can give.

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    That depends on if you used a gold, silver, or bronze password.

Hacked stats have no bearing on giving you an error, it is always a user input error.

If you really want error free transfers, you should use the transfer cable. Codes are case sensitive so if you wrote down say a lower case c instead of a capitol C it can jack your code and invalidated all of it. All you can do is double check your code, there are 6 pages of code for a gold code so any messup is possible.

3. dib

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    If double checking doesn't work, just make some minor changes like selling some junk at the shop. This will produce a completely new password, then try again.

4. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
  5. wanderone
    OP

Newcomer wanderone Advanced Member

United States
    @how_do_i_do_that

Okay, that's good to know! Was worried I'd have to backtrack through some of the harder maps. [​IMG]

@dib

Was sure everything was right, but my handwriting is seriously screwed up, even I can't read it! Found more errors. [​IMG]

@Depravo

Even though I cheated, I'd rather use my character stats as I played them...thanks for the link though. If all else fails, I'll definately go that way.

Well, when I try again I think I'm just going to type everything to the PC via a notepad file and then read it from there...it should go without any probs then. Those '+' and t's were tricky!

Thx for the suggestions all!

6. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    I normally run the save file through VBA, then do screen captures of each page. Then blow up the pictures 200% and stack them all on 1 page then print.

7. Berthenk

Member Berthenk Epitome of Awesomeness

Netherlands
    Since you're going this way, look at this FAQ. Search for ´* Save raw password characters...:´.
    But, I´ll be nice and copy 'n paste it for you:

Warning: Spoilers inside!
    That's much easier!

8. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Wait, if you're using an emulator, wouldn't it be much simpler to just link the two games together?
    Or are these using a different link cable?

9. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    Some people only got 1 GBA/SP/micro, the best method to trade with yourself in Golden Sun is to use the codes.

10. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    ... Sigh...

I'm gonna repeat.

If you're using an emulator, why not just connect the two games together directly?
    Unless these two use a different sort of link cable, but I doubt it.

11. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    I never got link mode in VBA-M for a single computer working right to recommend that option.

Besides with the codes, you can get it to work on any EU version.

12. liorv

Newcomer liorv Newbie

Israel
    hi i have a problem with gs2 i write the password and it work but i push A fast so i didn't got to see my char so there is any idea how i know that my password work or can i i input another code on the one i have answer plese!!!!!!!!!!!!!. [​IMG]

13. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    That depends on your code level.

You can update your code for that save slot until you reach the spot in the game where the two parties are accessible in Contigo.