OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello
Im goin to update my Wii using Modmii
Now I'm preparing to update my Wii Korean region change to 3.2u into 4.1u

I think my Wii has a modchip (no idea what kind of chip) coz it can play almost anything via dics channel I bought my Wii June 2009 and I dont think DARKCOPRS was made that time besides that all my games loads normally so its unlikely I have softmod Disc Channel but ModMii does not ask any of it. Is this means that my modchip will still function after the update?
Should I remove any previous patch of Starpatch?
Should I delete all previously installed Channel like Wiiware and WiiMC via Wii Data Management?
Do all my saves in Mii Channel will be lost if replace with newer Mii Channel?
I installed cIOS like hermes should I remove it first?
I installed some latest version of IOS like 55 and 57 but ModMii prefer earlier version. Will the MMM automatically downgrade it?

I'm going to update to 4.1u because I wanted to take advantage of Brick Protection of Priiloader since I cant install Bootmii as Boot2, and SD Menu. I heard you can install and run a Wiiware, Load and Save gamedata directly from SD Card??

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well if you are updating from modmii I'd say you should be safe. Go for it. though there is no reason to update beyond 4.1......

oh as for the game saves you can put em on the card but they must be put back on the nand to be able to make use of them.

Yawa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm so I will use Starpatch again to upleft No Copy Protection to Card?
If I transfer all my save where can I see it in my card what folder?
By the way if I cant install Bootmii as Boot2 will I be able to use Priiloader as my alternate Brick Protection?
How will I be able to use Priiloader to get into my backup nand?

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will use bootmii IOS to backup the nand. Start patch works but priiloader is highly recomended instead. Priiloader will only provide so much for protection but yes it's better than nothing at all if boot2 can't be installed to.

Yawa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SUCCESS!!! now 4.1u
happy.gif

I hope ModMii put more information about old saves, previously installed channel and Mii's upgrade to newer version, will not be harmed during the process.

Thanks to all

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn