Need help updating modded wii from 4.2U to 4.3U in order to run Nintendont.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, ModMii prompted me to download the missing ,framework but during the download it would buffer then fail with an error message.

I tried out the methods from the website you linked, but it didn't work :( I'm starting to think that this is a lost cause. Do you know of any other ways to update my Wii to 4.3U? That's all I'm trying to do.
Post automatically merged:

Yes, there are no further updates available as far as I know.

Some posts I saw found claimed that manually updating via the installation assistant can fix the issue, but Id make a backup first:
https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows11

However, in the past I've found I had to download the iso and run setup from that as opposed to the assistant directly.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The latest version of Win11 is 23H2. Maybe try updating to that and trying again? Also, if all you want to do is update to 4.3U just do a normal system update through the Wii itself like XFlak said.

Bonkdonky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If u really want to update to 4.3 just cause, u can do an official update AFTER confirming your wii serial is not Korean. If a Korean wii was poorly region changed then an official update could result in brick. And obv u would need to disable any priiloader hacks blocking updates for this to work, then enable them again afterwards.

Might not be a bad idea to post a syscheck too if possible
Update: My Wii seems to be in the clear as far as not being Korean! Based on its serial number, it was made in the US/Mexico/Canada in 2006.

I'm running the official software update now! I'll post a syscheck afterwards.

Nintendont only works on 4.3? I am pretty sure you can use nintendont on 4.2
I had it installed and tried running it in the very beginning, but it prompted that it required 4.3. That's what started this whole mess :((

FINALLY!! AFTER ALL THIS TIME, IT WORKS!!! Thank you everyone for your help, especially XFlak! I'm so happy! Thank you!!!!

Last edited by Bonkdonky,
Reactions: XFlak

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto