Hacking God Eater 2 Translation (Looking for translators!)

devnoname120

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
your lack of grammar knowledge pains me, yet i understand what you mean.
it is possible that the subtitle will be translated since it is a different file than the video. (but what do i know, i didn't translate that one)
Nope. We will need to make a transcription of the audio, and then a translation.
I am sure that our project lead will try his best to give a full translated game, but not the voices. that's a whole different area.
Wrong again, we are making a full patch. God Eater's story is awesome, we are definitely translating them too in the form of subtitles.

We are still looking for translators, and more importantly reviewers. Reviewers need to have an excellent English and Japanese knowledge (only being good is not enough), plus willing to dig into the game so as to produce a good translation.
If you guys know any people that would fit this job, please tell me.

We currently only have one reviewer, who is Devifoxx. He is really skilled, and we are looking for people like him.

Last edited by devnoname120,

Kogarasumaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Wrong again, we are making a full patch. God Eater's story is awesome, we are definitely translating them too in the form of subtitles.
That's a good news :yaysp:

We currently only have one reviewer, who is Devifoxx. He is really skilled, and we are looking for people like him.

just out of curiosity, is Devifoxx currently active in reviewing? I understand if he's busy or something else, but it'll be another good news if he's actively reviewing it :rolleyes:

Misterman4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I really appreciate that you guys are doing a patch for the psp version. It's a shame sony doesn't support the psp anymore and if they ever localize this like many other games they will probably only localize the vita version. So keep on the good work.

This may sound like a dumb question, but when can we expect the patch to be released?

Inv4l1d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I really appreciate that you guys are doing a patch for the psp version. It's a shame sony doesn't support the psp anymore and if they ever localize this like many other games they will probably only localize the vita version. So keep on the good work.

This may sound like a dumb question, but when can we expect the patch to be released?
Until late September if they continue at this rate, i guess...

Coldbird

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi there guys, just thought I would drop in real quick to give you guys a little heads up.
I've remodelled the respacker utility a bit, ironing out the biggest quirks it had.

I will push the sourcecode to a public github repository once I deem the code good enough for public display (after I've fixed DLC unpacking 100%).
Keep up the great work you guys have been doing. I'm stunned at how fast this project is moving.

Radwan126

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hi there guys, just thought I would drop in real quick to give you guys a little heads up.
I've remodelled the respacker utility a bit, ironing out the biggest quirks it had.

I will push the sourcecode to a public github repository once I deem the code good enough for public display (after I've fixed DLC unpacking 100%).
Keep up the great work you guys have been doing. I'm stunned at how fast this project is moving.
We all appreciate your work , you have done a lot to this project and you are the one who needs to be thanked !
thanks a lot for your efforts so far !

reinzhart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

translating the game and giving us the tools,we couldn't ask more?haha
just big thanks and hope you guys doing well with the project and IRL

Zhenno Amateratsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is very cool! it's the only GE2 translation project, I hope looking forward to its release public so I can follow the history of this amazing game! right now, I am grateful to all who are in this project, thanks guy and sorry for can't help (don't like feel powerless)
Sorry my bad englesh too :wink:

Coldbird

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@Dizo Kotoma 1.01? We aren't even close to 1.0 yet, give us time to iron this out.

I'm glad everyone is so thrilled about this, and I am happy to see this crowd-effort being such an success.

At this moment I'm still reworking the respacker utility, merging in my bz2 unpacker utility (which I kept separate up to this point).
This will allow us to skip one (visible) step in the unpacking / repacking later.

I will also see that noname gets a copy of the PMF files of the game, so he can give the movie subtitles / remastering a go.

Its nearly 6AM in the morning now, time to call it a day... I've been working on this far too long today already.
Good night guys!

PS. Is there an interest in fandubbing this game? Or should we keep it sub-only?
All the voice files (and I mean that, really) are nicely separated into single skit AT3 files... if we really wanted to we could probably dub this thing entirely.

Rakuraks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
@Dizo Kotoma 1.01? We aren't even close to 1.0 yet, give us time to iron this out.

I'm glad everyone is so thrilled about this, and I am happy to see this crowd-effort being such an success.

At this moment I'm still reworking the respacker utility, merging in my bz2 unpacker utility (which I kept separate up to this point).
This will allow us to skip one (visible) step in the unpacking / repacking later.

I will also see that noname gets a copy of the PMF files of the game, so he can give the movie subtitles / remastering a go.

Its nearly 6AM in the morning now, time to call it a day... I've been working on this far too long today already.
Good night guys!

PS. Is there an interest in fandubbing this game? Or should we keep it sub-only?
All the voice files (and I mean that, really) are nicely separated into single skit AT3 files... if we really wanted to we could probably dub this thing entirely.
Please dont dub it

and can i play this game on my PPSSPP android?

Kogarasumaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
This is the power of love :wub:

For now, a sub-only should be nice. I mean, fandubbing will make new problems in quality. who have the right voices? who'll make the selections for the fandubber? does the fandubber have the right equipment for it? those will be the problem and much more problems will come. so, when the translation is done, a sub-only will be the best option.

Please dont dub it
idk if this guy is asking nicely or just being plain rude :hateit:

No, you can not. :whip:

MrShyCity

Member Class Zero - No.00 SHY
Trophies
Website
shypsp.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Please dont dub it

I agree with these ^ guy please just SUB it no DUB or do both

Yes it playable as long you don`t update the game
v140 has a bug were you can`t have a party
If you bring 1 or more party to the mission it will crash the emulator.

Radwan126

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia

Good night guys!

First thanks a lot for working on this game , you can't believe how excited i am ! i literally check transifex everyday but for some reason the progress stopped at 83% :/
and about the Dub , please don't dub it , i know this might sound so weeb but the game is japanese so it's better to have japanese voices , they give more anime-like feel to it .
and yeah just like the dude above said , it's gonna be hard to find the perfect voices , and equipment .
if you guys insist , you can make a demo by dubbing one of the cut scenes in the game and showing it to us .
thanks again Coldbird ! keep up the good work ! ^_^

Zhenno Amateratsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Please dont dub it
Well, I agree with him,an unofficial dubbing it might be a little strange ... I guess, maybe be better left separate patch's with or without voices for choice of the public
@Coldbird
A question... Thats translation will have a patch for people install in your game, or the game will be uploaded complete?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!