Dirty Weeb ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
- Jun 22, 2007
I am posting this on behalf of u/KevMyBoi since can't post on GBATEMP yet.
PrelogThis post is to overall track the progress of translating the PS Vita version of Golden Time Vivid Memories ( ゴールデンタイム Vivid Memories ). This is because after about 4 days of figuring out tooling, how to start, packing, repacking, etc. I found that a lot of information is all over the place when it comes to modding, and translating games. That being said, I hope someone can find this post helpful in there journey of modding/translating ps vita games.
WhyLong story short of why I'm translating this game is because I loved the anime and couldn't find any fan translation for the game. As a software engineer, I also love to reverse engineer software and figure out how to make it work the way I want it to.
Current Progress: 7/31/21
- SCP Studio is complete. (Chris & Kev)
- We can now create Dialogue Boxes that weren't there before. (Chris & Kev)
- 3 new team members have joined the team.
- Graphic Designer: Monto
- Translators: Helel, Bites, and Raehik(Manager/Editor)
- We are looking for more Translators SO please join the discord if you care to help with translations!
- Menu Screen is translated and Done! (Thanks to Monto, and Translators!)
- 60% of the Setting Menu's Done. (Translators, and Monto)
- 2 scenes in review, and translated. (Helel, And Kev)
- Starting mission for Alpha English Patch for the first hour of game play. (Team)
- Some Speaker assets translated (Translators and Monto)
- Speaker table found, and exported from eboot. (Raehik)
SCP Studio Additions: 7/24/21
- I've already announced it yesterday in the Team chat, but we are currently on Phase 2 now! Which is getting the background assets in a state of usability, and two, alpha testing of the SCP Studio (also known as Translation Studio). Here is what it currently looks like before polishing: https://prnt.sc/1fd6xqc. Overall I want to give a thank you to the team, and everyone who has helped us get this far! We truly appreciate it!
SCP Studio Additions: 7/22/21
- Decoder for reading dialogue, sounds, and other mentioned scripts
- Converted sound at9's to format for custom tooling to load voice actors lines depending on dialogue
- Custom Algorithms for throwing away script macros, un-usable bytes, etc.
- Created Flag system for SCP Studio for removing unusable bytes
- Started Translator search/interview process
- More than half way done with the SCP Studio that the translator/s will be using
- Decrypted, and hooked-up Ghidra to the eboot.elf for looking at the C functions.
- and more.
DLC/Disovery & More: 7/13/21This is in no order:
- Made a tool to better look at .gxt assets a lot faster (real time).
- Made a JPN PSN account to get the DLC for the game, there is currently two DLC's for this game.
- Decrypted, and started to reverse engineer the eboot to understand how the game reads it's SCP files.
- Long story short they don't read the SCP files in a way that is very easy to pull out. Found the byte read table and currently in the progress of extracting the functions that read these SCP files.
- Attempts have been made to insert in longer text in the game, which appear to work.
- Discord is made to follow team discussions and overall progress: https://discord.gg/URH2WNAyjT
- Setup Team tools to better document software and translations
First Post: 7/01/21I'm currently working on creating a file decoder for custom file type known as .scp. This includes finding the MagicNumber, reading bytes, evaluating said bytes, and decoding said bytes in a way that I can make a file editor for said files. You can of course skip this part if you want to parse the JPN UNICODE-8 IIRC characters and then hook that up to a good translator. I'm avoiding that because the plan is to get a Native Japanese speaker to translate this using said editor for these files. So I need to make this as easy as possible for them to do that. So what have I done then?
- Decrypted the game using the known modding wiki.
- Unpacked the game using the sdk.
- Successfully made a C# project for repacking the game.
- Tested the rePatch test Translation, it was successful and the game showed said translation.
- .SCP Decoder to read these files.
- .SCP Editor to make translating this game easier.
- .SCP Encoder to save changes to these files.
- Have a native translator translate the game.
(When I get the game translated, released with a patch, I'll update this with clear instructions on how I did it.)
If you are interested in assisting this new project to bring it to life, especially if you have experience with TaiHen plugin/reverse engineering please inquire in the discord here:
Last edited by stanleyopar2000,