Getting wifi on desmuME

GETTING WIFI TO WORK ON DESMUME

First you will need a couple of things:

A Computer(of course)
A wired internet connection (via LAN cable)
Win PCap(PROVIDED)
A wi-fi compatible DesmuME(PROVIDED)
Any wi-fi compatible game.(DO NOT ASK FOR ANY LINKS TO ROMS OF COURSE....)

STEP 1 : Download this pack DesmuME wifi pack this contains Win Pcap and the other things you will need. Also a version 0.9.7 of desmuME with wifi capabilities enabled by slytherx HERE.Whichever version of desmume you are using ( 32 or 64 bit) in its own folder... along with any other files the emu may need in that same folder along with it.

STEP 2: Unzip contents and Install Win Pcap.After installation make sure and give Win Pcap exceptions in all firewall software..When installing Winpcap..check the option for starting the driver as windows starts up.

STEP 3: Open DesmuME(IMPORTANT NOTE....ALL WINDOWS 7/WINDOWS VISTA USERS MUST OPEN DESMUME AS AN ADMINISTRATOR OR ELSE AN ERROR WOULD OCCUR WHEN CONNECTING TO WIFI" and go to Config--->Emulation settings. Now set the correct paths for the ARM 7 BIOS, ARM 9 bios and Firmware bin...of course it would be wherever you downloaded it to...Make sure the "Use external Bios image" "Use external firmware image" ,"Boot from firmware like the nds" AND "Enabled Advanced bus level timing" are all checked...I am not sure about the rest so leave them unchecked.. It would now look like this...

http://img153.imageshack.us/i/setupg.png

STEP 4: IN desmuME still go to Conifg---> wifi and click on "Infrastructure mode"

STEP 5:Now open your game and go into Nintendo Wi-fi settings and search for an access point...u should see "SOFT AP" as one...test connection to that and it should work...I think this must be done every time you open/close the emulator....(Hey can't be too perfect)

STEP 6:Enjoy....
yaynds.gif

TRYFORCE's TUTORIAL ON GETTING WIFI TO WORK ON DesmuME ON ANDROID COMPATIBLE DEVICES

TryForce said:
Android users are in luck!!! I just tested WFC in pokemon black according to the op's tutorial except my connection to the internet is via USB tether to my Andoid phone!
I have a rooted MyTouch 3G (I'll try it on my new MyTouch 4g next week).
I'm running a hacked ver. of Cyanogen 6.1 Signed. I'm simply using Cyanogen mod's built-in USB tether.

Here's what I did:
a. Follow Lune's directions for DesmuME and winPcap setup.
b. Disconnect your current active internet connection.
c. Plug your 3g/4g data capable android device into a USB (2.0) port in your PC.
d. Set your phone to tether via USB. In Cyanogen 6.1 this can be done via Settings->Wireless & networks->Tethering. Check the box next to usb tethering.
e. Verify that you have established an internet connection. Windows 7 sees my device as a network adapter called "Remote NDIS based internet sharing device". Regardless of the device ID, you should have a valid IP and be able to browse the web.
f. Restart Windows (This is necessary to let winpcap work "its magic").
g. Don't forget to run desmume as administrator in Windows 7/Windows vista!!
h. In desmume's wifi settings (config->wi-fi), you should see your android device's manufacturer in the dropdown box. Mine simply said "HTC". Select it.
i. You should be set!

Again, this was tested on a rooted mytouch 3g running Cyanogen 6.1. Results may vary. I can probably help some people who need it. For more information about rooting your android device, check out the cyanogen mod forums (make sure you understand the risks involved).

Thanks for this tut, Lune!

Video of me on gts in Pokemon White
Went on GTS

Video of a wifi battle on Pokemon white (lost of course..):
Wfi battle

NOTE:AGAIN I HEARD THIS ONLY WORKS FOR WIRED CONNECTIONS you could try on wireless i guess...

GAMES TESTED SO FAR:

Pokemon White/Black:Works good was able to do random battle and go on gts...i think union room has Anti piracy stuff in it but didnt try it..
Mario kart DS:For some reason everything goes well but race never starts
Yugioh World Championship 2011:Over the nexus : Works very good no problems..
Tetris Ds:Works great

ERROR TROUBLESHOOTING

BEFORE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING MAKE SURE THESE THINGS ARE DONE FIRST:
-Again..have a wired connection by a cable (lan cable)
-Run desmuME as an administrator
-"For anyone getting 'Unable to get IP address' or 'Unable to connect to Nintendo Wi-fi network' errors, you need to check your router firewall settings. I use DD-WRT and an enabled SPI Firewall will not allow you access, disabling that let everything work fine.(by Forumpost)
-Disabling any firewalls that you think would be blocking the process...
-WINDOWS 7/WINDOWS VISTA users must go to network and sharing center and make sure that your connection type is set to HOME network and NOT PUBLIC OR WORK(work may work but meh)
-In the Wi-fi settings in desmume make sure it is set ton infrastructure mode and also the correct bridging is enabled with your ETHERNET CONTROLLER (your network adapter)
- Try pressing tab when connecting to nintendo wi fi connection..weird but might work

Emulator doesn't save: You would have to go into PATH SETTINGS and set your own paths for screenchots,cheats,roms,saveram etc.

Error Code 52000/52001/52002:Check your modem status and change it from bridging to PPPOE or PPPOA(sometimes work).Also double check the WEP key you entered(if used).Make sure if your on windows 7 that you have run the emulator as an administrator and also check that it's connection is an exception in your firewall/antivirus software

Error Code 52100:There could be Ip address conflict going on...you will have to give your ds its own ip address rather than using dhcp to find its own..check HERE
for help on doing that(too long to type..).Also you can try chaging the dns to 4.2.2.2 4.2.2.3 4.2.2

Error with saving wifi settings: "try keeping the external bios and firmware but without booting to ds on."

CREDITS GO TO:
DJPlace:Testing Mario kart ds
Dreamboy21: For information on the firewall exceptions and testing Tetris Ds
ryuga93:Info on error 52000
slytherx: HUGE THANKS for compiling the 0.9.7 version to use wi-fi
Forumpost: For information on disabling firewall in router settings
soc4real: For information on bridging connection with Ethernet controllers.
Tryforce:Another HUGE THANKS for tutorial on getting wi-fi to work using android devices.
Chojo: with help on error 52100
Jayc & 007 shinobi: Help on getting wifi settings to save
kay2kid: on help in "speed up connect" method

knight-felix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello guys, just wanna ask some question:

how do you save your friend codes on desmume? someone on this board told me to use save states but that doesn't work for me. Also about the entralink feature on pokemon B/W (the one where you can go to other people's world and inviting NPC), is there any action replay code or anything that makes the version exclusive white forest/black city have max pokemon/city on them? I've heard executing 2 desmume program won't let the wifi thing to connect :/

krellian24

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ran two separate instances of DeSmuME, and the wifi worked if only one instance was in the GTS at one time. As soon as I left the GTS, the other instance could go in.

cdrdr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your second step is to unzip and install i downlaoded from megaupload form ur link and it comes in a rar file not a zip is this wrong?

hyddenblue

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I'm also getting the 52000 error when I test my connection.I have a Thomson TCM420 broadband modem and I don't know how to change to PPPoE,neither do I know if I'm actually using it already.On my Administration page I don't have the option of changing anything modem related.Any solutions?
My anti-virus is turned off and the windows 7(32bit) firewall is also turned off.As for the main steps I followed them correctly,

ryanfsf

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i have problem with 0.9.7 .
just like PlUmPaSsChIcKeN said, the prompt not appear, and i just got 20104 error.
different with 0.9.6, sometimes it came with prompt and when i click yes, sometimes it connected.

so, i need help to make it works for 0.9.7

DavidBarros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have 2 internet conections and when i use both i have same error : error code 20103 , Unable to connect to nintendo wi-fi connection.for help, visit support.nintendo.com

1)Internet Via cable, JMicron PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Adapter

2) Internet Wi fi , Atheros AR9285 Wireless Nework Adapter

Help me please .

sorry about my english =)

thecage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jayc said:
While this is definitely awesome, the need to keep resetting Nintendo WFC settings is a real bummer. Mainly because your friend code changes everytime you do that. And your other WiFi records get deleted. I wonder if it's possible to save the WFC settings as part of DeSmuMe's config?

im playing yu gi oh wc 2011 over the nexus on wifi, and no matter how many times i try to get some rating points, it always become 0 when i log in back and before that happens i get this : Unable to connect to nintendo WI-FI Connection because the nintendo WI-FI Connection user information from the system and the game card do not match.

following i get this: Update Nintendo WI-FI Connection User information saved on the game card? when you update your Nintendo WI-Fi Conection User information, you will lose all data that was used to connect to Nintendo Wi-fi connection.

and yes like they say, i lose my wifi rating on the game, the duels i ve won are gone in points even tho the game rom saved the file.

i play on desmune wifi 0.9.6 on windows 7

Aradebil

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hello!

I have a serious problem with setting up my wifi on desmume: my desmume just freezes everytime just logged on my wifi(my network magic shows it).Previously it froze when i tested the connection,but then i unchecked the outern firmware option(found here),and now it finally set up the connection but i still can not connect:( any idea?

kiky

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hello,,
plizz help me >.<

I have an error code: 51099

what does it mean??
n how to solve it??
thanx a lot before ^^

fourleaf

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the info
I have been able to connect to wi-fi perfectly and interact with players globally and traded with them. But is it possible to connect and trade/battle on LAN??

We have tried many times to do this but haven't been able to. We have before connected three people in the union room but as soon as we try and start a battle/trade the game crashes giving error codes (which aren't always the same ones) or just freezes. The closest we ever got was actually starting up a trade between two of us and putting up our pokemon for trade but the game soon crashed.
Surely if we're able to connect to people half way across the world it should be possible to connect to someone sitting right next to me...

So to just clarify is there actually any way to battle/trade through a home LAN network?

Look forward to your reply and thanks again

JanusP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, all. I've been having trouble getting this to work, particularly with error 52000. I am connected to a Siemens Gigaset SE567 router. Now, unfortunately, after Googling this router, I learned that for the SE567, computer setup is limited to:

QUOTE said:
1. Establish a network connection that expects to:
auto-receive an IP-address via DHCP
auto-receive DNS server addresses

In other words, the SE567 acts as a DHCP-server & DNS-server for your computer.

2. Make sure that the computer does NOT attempt to perform dialup (a PPP connection), but rather relies on the Gigaset to access the internet.

Based on what I've read on this thread, this sounds like it may cause problems. Does anyone know if I will be able to successfully connect with this setup, either wirelessly or through a wired connection? If so, how?

KSGOMMATH

Trophies
XP
Country
Somebody please help!!!

I cannot get this to work
cry.gif

it keeps saying unable to connect Nintendo wifi connection and cannot find ip address
and also the desmume imperfect warning only came twice and the desmume wifi cmd thing says "crap we're gonna nuke a packet at 2/69 "

I Disabled my antivirus and windows firewall,
I ran the DeSmuME_VS2008_x64_release_wifi as administrator
I put in all my ip addresses
I came as close as I could to disabling my router firewall as I don't know how to

I'm running windows 7 64bit with Kaspersky 2011 Internet Security and a wired connection with my Netgear DGN2200 combo modem/router
and pokemon white patched rom.

I literally tried everything here for 2 days but nothing works
and must you fill in everything,because when I change SoftAP, it says cannot find SSIS.
and also can somebody tell me how to disable firewall on Netgear DGN2200 modem/router

Help will be very very much appreciated
sad.gif

pkmlin

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I see so many guys were puzzled by the error that firmware :save config failed.Here is my little suggestion:
1.disable use firmware;
2.enable use firmware.
OK,then you will see that firmware :save config done.And every change will guide to auto-restart.
Isn't it easy?I think it will work with most of you by using desmume 0.97 wifi ver.
This is my first time using English on BBS,so I wish you can understand what I said .
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think I forgot something important.I use desmume 0.97 svn 3947,and diable use external bios images

kai279

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys i have the following problem, when i start up my pokemon white rom with the settings from the tutorial it starts up like a normal nds but it makes me setting it up (like nickname, date, time and birthday) and after doing that i have to restart it but then the screen just turns black and stays black. so
is there a way to skip this step or do i have to press a certain button to restart the nds?

if i try to connect to wifi without booting like a real nds i get the error "" after trying to test the connection to SoftAP

i run it desmume as admin(win7 64 bit) and i hace exceptions in my firewall

any idea how to solve it?
smile.gif

KSlove

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
You may want to delete any "firmware.dfc" in your desmume folder(not sure this works or not), or simply reinstall a new desmume, OR you need to type in the same details as in your "firmware settings" and reset ur desmume. Hope this helps.

(btw it is in Emulation>Reset or shortcut key ctrl+R)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: