Hacking Getting Contra 4 to work on my G6 Flash.

SKhan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
First of all hi everyone.

I've been trying to play Contra 4 since it was released but I was unfortunate. I got both Donkey Kong Jungle Climber and Contra 4 on my card but when I tried to run them I got either "error reading EEPROM" or something like "unable to read game data please reinsert game card." However, as I found out from the forums I should have updated the U-Disk Manager from G6. After doing so (altough I found online the 4.9e version but in the title of the application the version 4.9c is written), Donkey Kong runs just fine without any issue but when I attempt to run Contra 4 the screen just turns black without writting any message. Any other types of fixes I should do?

Thanks.
bow.gif

SKhan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Thanks Thanubis. That really worked. Also thank you for that great link with the update. I had the update from handheldsources.com and altough the zip file and the update were named 4.9E the version was actually 4.9C
This one seems to really worked, but I got Contra 4 to work before with normal and no trimming just as you said.

ARM7 fixing didn't do the trick as it still got the application to start on a black screen and freeze. A curious fact is that after fixing the ROM and putting it with normal and no trimming on my G6, got the application to run but it froze every time in the Konami splash screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's so unfair, maybe AI can save us lol