Hacking Get rid of banner brick on 3.4 without TP Hack

pspmte

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok i have had an idea IOS16 is that a key to a door on the recovery disc can ios 16 run the trucha bug

Its not on anything but the recover disc could we make an ios16 wadmanager disc

BTW zelda in auto boot crashs at the nunchuck screen does nothing after that

fellaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sounds good, IOS16 indeed has the trucha bug. Hopefully it will work. Hear from me soon.
Nope, didn't autoboot at all.
QUOTE said:
BTW zelda in auto boot crashs at the nunchuck screen does nothing after that
Scrubbed or unscrubbed?

jaimepwnz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well u said that mario tennis boots right?

If thats the case, then why wont u try patching zelda to run using the same ios as mario tennis uses and then use tp hack to downgrade to 3.2

not sure if changing that makes the disk trucha signed but its worth a shot

harjitsd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey there pple
biggrin.gif

i have a wii which is on 3.3e atm..i havnt got starfall installed and do not hav a mod chip...any suggestionz on wat i cud do 2 get my wi bak 2 lifee?
it bricked becuz of a faulty wad channel ( backup launcher ) and afta health/warning screen (Press A ) it says " system files ae corrupted....plz refer to wii operationz manual to help troubleshooting "
frown.gif
frown.gif

plzzz cud someone tell me a way ov gettin around this...thank u soooooooooo much
biggrin.gif
:D:D:D:D

pspmte

Trophies
XP
Country
u need a mod chip and savemii

Have u got the tp hack still on your system?

you need to auto boot zelda and run wad manager

timwong7899

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have autoboot zelda tp and modded wiis 3.2u and 3.3u. However i do not have zelda saves on them...all the autoboots iso that i downloaded and burnt doesnt seem to work on this 2 wii....errors and refer to nintendo manual operations always comes out....
however all this autoboot discs does work on un bricked wiis.
i do not have the pink fish disc and savemii.
so how do i got about installing tpsaves onto the bricked wiis.? or is there any autoboot disc out there than can makes these bricked wii into the system recovery mode?

pspmte

Trophies
XP
Country
Tim do you have a modchip?

Ok easy one 3.2u we can fix that easy use wad manager Auto boot to fix this
Or wii music and Auto boot that so 3.3u installs on the wii that should get you back up and running
Use the game cube controler to get into recovery mode

Ok now you 3.3u thats bricked, you need to get the wii into recovery mode
Now i put my 3.3e wii as you can read in this thread to 3.4e buy Auto booting Mario Tennis
But you could try to use Auto 3.3v1 from a game AnCrossing ect

Hope you get them fixed

harjitsd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have a wii on v3.3e and have a banner brick from installing a bad channel wad.
I have tphack and homebrew channel installed but i have no way of gettin my wii back to life again so far
frown.gif
please could someone helpp meee! thanks in advance (Y)

fellaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You sure have Twilighthack still installed? In that case, all you'd need is a modchip and Zelda with autoboot enabled, because 3.3e does not allow to boot trucha signed disks directly. That way you can use twilight hack to start Wad Manager or AnyTitleDeleter from SD, in order to remove that faulty wad. Alternatively, you could twilight hack to install preloader and then use it to start the HBC, enabling you to start other homebrew, too(e.g. Wad Manager).

The method described in this thread is different, though:

Update the Wii to 3.4 with an autoboot- and PAL-patched Mario Tennis Jap. Then it's possible to boot the Wii backup disc via SaveMiiFree and delete all user-related stuff, including faulty channel wads. Your Wii would be semi-brick then, but that's easy to recover from.

Zolotor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a black screen at 3.4J, I tried pink fish disc at recovery, the disc spins and the 3.4(JPN) text disappears, the disc continues to spin but all I get is a black screen.
Wii unit is modified with wiikey.

What do you think I can do from here? or can anyone can test if pink fish disc works on your 3.4J

fellaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Does the version in lower right corner disappear, or keeps the disc just spinning all time? Maybe wrong region. Which one did you use? Try to patch the disc to an opposite region(of not already J) using RegionFrii or a Hex Editor(Offset 0x003 as Unicode, see here: http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Wiidisc )

Zolotor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
fellaw said:
Does the version in lower right corner disappear, or keeps the disc just spinning all time? Maybe wrong region. Which one did you use? Try to patch the disc to an opposite region(of not already J) using RegionFrii or a Hex Editor(Offset 0x003 as Unicode, see here: http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Wiidisc )

I tried 2 patches:
1. Hex edited the line 010E01 to 010J01, then save it as new ISO file, then burn the ISO.
2. Did step 1 above, then run Region Frii and change New Region to JAP, update ISO, then burn resulting ISO.

Both of these patches, gives me a black screen. The version in lower right corner disappear and the disc keeps on spinning.

Should I do another one: something like leave it at 010E01, but just patch it to Japan region using Region Frii?

BTW, just to be sure I am using correct files:
1. Pink Fish ISO CRC32 = 655CA219
2. Pink Fish ISO Hex Edited 010E01 to 010J01, Resulting ISO CRC32 = 554EC5B9
3. Pink Fish ISO created in #2 above, then Region Patched to Japan using Region Frii, Resulting ISO CRC32 = 1DCAE6D8

Can you please verify i patched it correctly or got the correct untouched pink fish iso to begin with.

fellaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
RegionFrii edits the same byte as you did manually, so it was pretty much useless. Try patching to 010P01 (P=PAL). Reason: The symptom sounds like you've got a PAL TV, not being able to display an NTSC signal. Original pink fish is NTSC, and also your JAP patched version. Are you sure you patched from 010E01? to J? because E isn't listed anywere as valid region code.

Zolotor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
fellaw said:
RegionFrii edits the same byte as you did manually, so it was pretty much useless. Try patching to 010P01 (P=PAL). Reason: The symptom sounds like you've got a PAL TV, not being able to display an NTSC signal. Original pink fish is NTSC, and also your JAP patched version. Are you sure you patched from 010E01? to J? because E isn't listed anywere as valid region code.

Actually running Region Frii does not change the Region ID but rather change the Region Code. Hex Editing it is the only way for me to change the Region ID from 010E01 to 010J01.

These are the steps I did using Region Frii (refer to images above).

1. Image 1: Open Pink Fish ISO via Region Frii v1.21, this image shows Region Frii saying ISO doesn't look like Wii ISO.
2. Image 2: Once the Pink Fish ISO is opened, as you can see the image says Game Code = 010E01 / Region ID = E / Region Code = USA (01)
3. Image 3: Changing Region Code to JAP and update ISO.
4. Image 4: Prompt to change Region Code from USA to Japan
5: Image 5: Once the ISO has been updated to Japan Region Code, re-opening the file now shows,

Region Code = JPN (00) / Region ID = E / Game Code = 010E01

as you can see Region Frii did not change the byte 010E01 to 010J01, it only changes the Region Code and not Region ID.

So hex editing is the only way for me to change the Region ID.

Again, can someone please check if I have the correct Pink Fish ISO to begin with, CRC = 655CA219

fellaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry, I fiddeled up the offsets. Nevertheless, the checksums are all ok. Currently I don't have a clue why your patched iso from third step didn't work. It's correct assuming you have a Wii originally being japanese. What modchip do you use?

Btw., I dumped my PAL pink fish again, to review the offsets. I never changed 0x03, only 0x4E000 to have it running on my PAL Wii. Therefore I don't think changing 0x03 is even necessary. Have you tried just patching 0x4E000?

Pickle12122

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, I updated my wii from 3.2u to 4.0u using the tutorial from http://www.yafaze.com/wii/4.0updateguide.html

I have a Wiikey 2 modchip installed so that should allow autobooting.
I can use savemiifrii and its says 4.0 usa on the bottom corner.

I was able to play my trucha signed manhunt 2 before I bricked it.
My wiikey has updates blocked so when i can borrow my friend's wii I can change that.

Is there any possible way I can unbrick my wii?
I can't get any discs to boot at all right now but none of them are configured to autoboot.
I already went through 5 discs on failed attempts.

Any help is greatly apprciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig...