Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
pspmte said:
Fellaw i cant patch the ios on zelda cos of trucha bug is stopped on 3.4 mate

can i use cioscorps tho mmmm
I meant patch the iso to use a different IOS than 9, e.g. 249. There's a command line app out in the wild called BootMe, exactly for this purpose. The patch wouldn't affect the partition signature at all. I had used this method to enhance compatibility of backups with the backup loader before I bought a modchip. It worked under 3.4E, so it's not trucha related.
I'm not familiar(yet) with cioscorps, can't tell about whether it would be possible in your case.

QUOTE(WiiPower @ Feb 3 2009, 06:20 PM) Doesn't this disc require IOS16?
Which one, pink fish? Yes it does, but according to current knowledge it installs it anyway because it's included with the disc. That's why it's so important not to block any updates.

pspmte

Trophies
XP
Country
so this does not use trucha at all

so am i best using ios 16
to try zelda

Very strange i patched Zelda to ios 16,30,35 nothing it wont work

I then tryed it back on ios9 it wont work now in recovery

fellaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@OSW:

haven't tried booting pink fish with softmod yet. I can try with the Wii I used for backup, still have it here. It has no hardware mod, thus it won't give any conflict with softmod. I can confirm pink fish is set to autoboot, first byte=0x30. Here from me friday with some results on softmod.

@pspmte

seems pretty strange. I'll do some tests here with zelda autoboot 'till friday. have you tried 249, if you had custom IOS 249 installed?

Just discovered something interesting here: For some reason, pink fish pal will autoboot from health screen on my unbricked wii, no need for recovery mode. can someone confirm this? Didn't work this way in the past when I had tried.

pspmte

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok i will install icq

Ok CiosCorps fans i just patched the repair disc to ios35 it works, no need for save mii

fellaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Cool. Btw., I read into a little bit regarding cioscorp, wasn't much familiar with it. It seems cioscorp hasn't been removable so far. That's a pretty risk to try on the borrowed Wii. Wouldn't make sense on mine because of the chip.

Maybe it can be removed using the backup disc to restore a non-cioscorp backup? pspmte, do you have a cioscorp fitted Wii ready to try this with? I'm not sure whether the restore overwrites any of the related IOSes.

@OSW: pspmte's patching method sounds like a way for you to go, doesn't it?

pspmte

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes i have a Cioscorp Wii 3.2e tho but can try to do a restore

I dont get why zelda wont boot on my bricked wii, super monkey ball is ios9 as well and works perfect

What ios is zelda US and Jap anybody?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
pspmte said:
Yes i have a Cioscorp Wii 3.2e tho but can try to do a restore

I dont get why zelda wont boot on my bricked wii, super monkey ball is ios9 as well and works perfect

What ios is zelda US and Jap anybody?

Hmm, are zelda and super mokey ball originals or backups? Cioscorp uses a cIO36rev7 to replace IOS9, it should be compatibe, but maybe it isn't. Wasn't there an issue that zelda PAL doesn't work on Gamma while the NTSC version does? I hope i don't spread a myth with this, i'm not sure about this.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes zelda PAL didn't work with gamma... however on the compat. list is said it needed to be patched, but CIOSCORP won't read it in the disc channel right?(not sure if this matters for autobooting) well the compat. list was wrong about that i have zelda 1:1 NTSC burned at 8x and it works perfectly... so your trying to get a PAL zelda to boot up on autoboot you're not going to... maybe regionfrii it and then it will autoboot?

fellaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can confirm for pink fish patched to pal and ios 35 is working on cioscorp(ntsc just not tried, can do if needed).

Furthermore, nothing besides saves and channels(and interestingly system time) got overwritten when I restored a full 3.4E backup, either from the same wii or from the other. All modifications were still working afterwards. Could be version related, still needed to be tested with a pre-modification backup from 3.2E. But maybe restore doesn't touch non-user files at all, future tests will show. This would reduce pink fish to a method copying saves only, mainly twilight hack. Should be enough for unbricking, however it would be sad for plans to install anything via restore(depends on whether we will be able to create faked backup files from chosen homebrew titles).

After update to 3.4(again), all modifcations were gone, just as expected.

pspmte

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for you help guys Pal Zelda does auto boot with savemii and flatmii on my other wii

My wii thats bricked just wont boot zelda at all, but will boot other games lol

Im stuck now

lol
fellaw we make a good team

code me wad manager into rkb

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
pspmte said:
Thanks for you help guys Pal Zelda does auto boot with savemii and flatmii on my other wii

My wii thats bricked just wont boot zelda at all, but will boot other games lol

Im stuck now

lol
fellaw we make a good team!

The Wii that doesn't load zelda has cioscorp installed and the one with the flatmii doesn't, am i right? The cIOS at IOS9 might be the problem.

pspmte

Trophies
XP
Country
No the wii that has banner bricked has no cioscorp on it it was just 3.3e now 3.4e

Flatmii will load games on this wii but Zelda it just crashes at the nun chuck screen

Btw To the FlatMii guys Thanks i love it!!!

So Wiipower mate im stuck now

pspmte

Trophies
XP
Country
Have you cracked whats inside the Rkb file? looks like its just the saves

I dont think the restore is restoring the ios just the saves and wifi and blue tooth and serial number

now maybe if i could get preloader to run on this wii that would kool i could boot the .dol then

Any ideas mate

fellaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No luck with the .rbks yet. They seem to be partly encrypted/compressed and partly plain text(e.g. for folder names), but I wasn't able to figure out how to unencrypt and decompress them. And I agree with you, seems that
no user installed channels(VC as well as homebrew)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: