Hacking Get rid of banner brick on 3.4 without TP Hack

pspmte

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok Fellaw

I copyed a back up of a 3.4e from net update

Then i replaced with the bricked wii, i selected restore all then restarted then restart
Then finalize then delete all i get this ES_DeleteTicket fail -1017 for 0000cf0d92aa20c0

Did you get that error?

fellaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
then restarted then restart
Then finalize then delete all i get this ES_DeleteTicket fail -1017 for 0000cf0d92aa20c0
Don't really get this...
You restored then restart and then finish? I selected finish right after the restore, without restart. Otherwise finish wasn't available as option at all. The finish restarted anyway, after that I deleted all. Never received any ticket error. Don't know this ticked ID, doesn't make any sense. From all I know, this kind of error is related to trying to delete an IOS, which any IOS won't let you, even with the backup disc. Guess there's just some IOS left from update which is marked as user content for some reason, and the backup disc can't delete it. Shouldn't be relevant I think.

What are your news?

QUOTECant we use this disc to install what we like from sd card this must be a huge hole we can use for unbricking
Dunno, I'll have to analyze contents of the backup. I think depends on how that stuff is signed, compression or signatures shouldn't be an issue. Anyway I doubt this backup contains anything from boot2(which would help a lot for anti-update measures), most probably only NAND stuff. Will take me a while, let you know as soon as I've got any results.

D-Jay

High rulez
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Great news. But what about update check? People who installed this before are messed around.

WiiShizzza said:
2. Make sure u do not block any updates with any software like preloader/starfall/etc.
2b. If your chipped, also check the block update option on the chip.

And: No change for people w/o chip...

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
you don't need to finalize.
Delete all does the job!

Some MOD should change the topic to "Get rid of banner brick on 3.3v2 / 3.4 without TP Hack"

//EDIT:

You should end up with a wii only with standard channels installed.
Savegames and Shop tickets are still there.

Oh, yeah, but you'll end up with a semi brick if you use a jap update on a pal wii.
But this is easy to unbrick...

pspmte

Trophies
XP
Country
Btw it copys the TP hack lol

lol my wii wont boot ios9 which zelar is on

god if i could only boot ios9

pspmte

Trophies
XP
Country
I can confirm the TPhack using Flatmii we now can fully unbrick

lol and the recovery disc copys the TP hack lol lol lol

I formated the 3.4 wii ok no saves

Then i used Recovery mode and disc with flatmii and restored another 3.4 with the tphack in the saves

Then i went back to system menu with savemii still in, i ejected the recovery iso from flatmii and put zelda in on auto boot

Then it booted and there was the TP hack

Well done guys we have cracked it

We need to do a full guide for this

My Wii is still bricked btw i will wait for bootmii the system menu is bad

msidot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pspmte said:
Ok Fellaw

I copyed a back up of a 3.4e from net update

Then i replaced with the bricked wii, i selected restore all then restarted then restart

Did you get that error?

how do you make a back up a 3.4e from net update?

fellaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiShizzza said:
CONFIRMED WORKING

updated bricked 3.3v2 to 3.4 and used that find from fellaw
epic Find for PAL users!

pspmte did half of the work too, by patching Mario tennis JAP for updating
rolleyes.gif

@pspmte:

Savegames are copied? This is awsome! For some reason, Twilight Hack wasn't copied when I did it with the working Wii I had borrowed. Nevertheless, I agree this will help to fully unbrick almost any brick as long as SaveMii is working(either dongle or free).

But I don't understand why you shouldn't be able to recover from system menu brick now. Why don't you just use either Waninkoko's Downgrader to go back to 3.2, Wad Manager or AnyTitleDeleter to remove the faulty wad?

D-Jay said:
Great news. But what about update check? People who installed this before are messed around.

QUOTE(WiiShizzza @ Feb 1 2009, 04:52 PM) 2. Make sure u do not block any updates with any software like preloader/starfall/etc.
2b. If your chipped, also check the block update option on the chip.

And: No change for people w/o chip...

Does the update check matter? Homebrew users should be on 3.2 or 3.4 anyway. 3.3 generally seemed to be a bad idea for homebrew, because neither trucha-signed discs nor the pink fish will boot. Unfortunately, a chip is mandantory to read any DVDRs and autoboot. I tried hard, but I didn't find a way without a chip. There's no other way to execute custom code or the backup disc without it, thus you can't remove any titles causing the brick. It would be enough if you know someone with a chip who would lend you at least the drive.

pspmte

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok mate I can't unbrick my Wii because zelda is using ios 9 and my bricked Wii must have a problem with ios 9
The strange thing is that mario tennis boot into the game fine
So I can't use a dgrader or any boot.dol
Very strange fault. If trucha bug could have worked with 3.4 I could change the games ios would have me easy then
Anyway at least we have found a great way of unbricking
I do think we should look at the .Brk file

fellaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Why not install a working IOS9 on your other Wii and backup it? Then restore this into bricked Wii, the faulty IOS should be replaced. Or why don't you use BootMe to change IOS to a working one, e.g. 249?

Analysis of the .brk will take quite a while I think.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I thought I'd test this on my PAL 3.2E wii using savemiifrii without a modchip, by reloading a patched backup loading system menu with menu patcher.

I figured this way i could see whether the disk would work with a cioscorp style softmodded wii (without actually installing cioscorp yet)

Autoboot zelda loaded perfectly, but when i tried patched the pink fish disk using WiiShizzza's method, but it wouldn't even start - ie. the disk spins and then stops, it is not executed at all because i can still see the 3.2E text in the corner.

In contrast, if i insert autoboot zelda, the game spins for a moment and then loads, and if I insert a non-autoboot game, the screen goes pure black (no 3.2E text), which is at least better than a non boot (pink fish disk).

I can only imagine the flaw being in my disk image (CRC= DFC2B8A0, not autoboot patched because the pink fish disk is already autoboot right? because i can see a 0 at the start of the disk)

or

In the softmod recovery method (Seems strange that a standard autoboot game disk works)

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
for an update it doesn't matter if the disc is patched to autoboot.
through recovery mode, a newer then the one installed fw will always update.

You do not see anything only the version display will disapear.
Just leave the disc in on that black screen at least 10-20 minutes.
(Listen if your wii drive is still spinning the disc)
If stopped, power off the precious and power on again.
If you now see the recovery mode you'll see 3.4 displayed.

What does matter are those anti update patches.
So updates from every region should be enabled (chip/starfall/preloader) to start that not existing disc, but patched to pal...

//EDIT:
- Yes, that disc is autoboot patched.
- autoboot patched games always start directly the game. not the update.

fellaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sometimes something similar happens with my modchip. Didn't find out yet why it happens, and I can cope with it for now, because I can get it working this way in such case:

pink fish disc has to be in drive
pull out the power cord
plug it back in
power up the Wii using eject instead of power button
boot directly into recovery mode

Then the drive spins and loads the disc. Don't know whether this would work with a SoftChip.

WiiShizzza: He has problems with the pink fish, not Mario Tennis.

pspmte

Trophies
XP
Country
Fellaw i cant patch the ios on zelda cos of trucha bug is stopped on 3.4 mate

can i use cioscorps tho mmmm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...