GeoHot Flees to South America?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zorua

Why did he go into hiding? This is the most foolish move he's made yet. Sony can very well use this against him.

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Zorua said:
Why did he go into hiding? This is the most foolish move he's made yet. Sony can very well use this against him.

But this is not the worst, the worst is the he lied to the court and sabotaged the HDD before give it to SONY

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd probably flee the country too if I was railroaded by a huge corporation and a corrupt judge FAKE JUDGE* to be sued in a place I never went to.

Magistrate_Judge_Joseph_C._Spero.color.2.jpg

The guy who looks like a kid toucher isn't even a judge... he's a MAGISTRATE.
He gets appointed by life-term district judge.

I'm not sure it works exactly the same in CA, but where I'm from the defendant (at least) can appeal the magistrates decision before a judge.

Z

Zorua

MakiManPR said:
Zorua said:

But this is not the worst, the worst is the he lied to the court and sabotaged the HDD before give it to SONY

He sabotaged the HDD? I didn't know that! Ok, he seriously is in for some legal trouble. He's just creating barriers for himself.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Zorua said:
MakiManPR said:
Zorua said:

He sabotaged the HDD? I didn't know that! Ok, he seriously is in for some legal trouble. He's just creating barriers for himself.
didn't you watch the vid?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Narayan said:
Zorua said:
MakiManPR said:
Zorua said:

The video is just a LITTLE bit bias...
So I'd take anything from that video that is uncited with a grain of salt.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Narayan said:

Nope, but I read the papers filed by Sony. There's nothing saying he sabotaged anything just that necessary components are missing, no mention what the components are, or whether they actually mean the HDD or whether they mean the "hard drive" as in the PC itself, as these sorts of luddites are in the habit of doing. I bet the HDDs themselves are fine and intact but he's taken the ram and/or GPU out to use in his backup PC for the time being and Sony are trying to make it sound like sabotage without saying it outright.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
twiztidsinz said:
Narayan said:
Zorua said:
MakiManPR said:
Zorua said:

The video is just a LITTLE bit bias...
So I'd take anything from that video that is uncited with a grain of salt.
ahh, what i mean is he should have watched the vid to know what was being discussed, also i forgot to say to read the court filing.

Sephxus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@twiztidsinz
I think you're right. There is obviously an inherent bias against geohot. He [youtube person] cannot claim that he is just reading the facts when he has already decided he hates hackers. Any evidence for his cause will be strong evidence.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maedhros said:
MakiManPR said:
If he really is in South America can SONY reach him there?
If he is in Brazil (Brasil)... yes.... but the government here really likes things like Open-Source and other things... dunno what will happen.

Also retro consoles, they still sell clone systems of the Master System and Mega Drive there. He could be of some use in Brazil providing he fled there.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MakiManPR said:
If he really is in South America can SONY reach him there?

I dunno man, Hitler's been hiding there since faking his death in WWII, so probably not.

In seriousness, though, like pthers have said, it's a civil suit. Reaching him is less important than reaching his bank accounts.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
if i look at this new info from this guy's perspective, i say he fled and rendered the HDs unusable.
if u look at this agkainst this youtuber, what part of the document says he cant? the youtube himself isnt sure. He said he physically tampered with evidence making it unusable, do u think he is so foolish to do something like this (even thinking about it) and think he will get away with it?
the guy in the video may have wanted to cause a ruckus by speaking in a very negative way... if it was that serious, then the lawyer would not be that calm in his reply

if he went to SA, how can u prove he ran away? how can you prove he used the money to go to SA? how can u prove he wont come back? how can u prove he has lied? is there an obvious lie in everything he said?

george has gone on interview on a news channel, and is confident he cant be harmed... u really think he has messed up this bad and was confident he would get way... my extreme doubts on the whole interpretation of this event
This guy could be correct but...
NEVER decide a case from one side, wait for a reply from geo

PS - Youtube rocks

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
All the other cyber-criminals (yes, I'm abusing that term, but who cares) were man enough to produce their hardware - and then to serve their time.

Silly GeoHotz, I can't wait to see what happens when the mexican authorities catch him.

MEGAMANTROTSKY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Antoligy said:
All the other cyber-criminals (yes, I'm abusing that term, but who cares) were man enough to produce their hardware - and then to serve their time.

Silly GeoHotz, I can't wait to see what happens when the mexican authorities catch him.
I thought Mexico was a part of Central America, not South America.

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, this is hilarious.

I warned you that siding with Geohot was a waste of time, that donating to him was a lost cause, but noooooooooo. All you rambled on about was how he was a bastion of truth, an honourable soldier against the tyrannical Sony Corporation that's trying to rewrite consumer laws so that they can force you to use their PS3s with Sony televisions.

Where's your saviour now? Oh right, he used all your money to run away to another country. The amount of money you gave him, he's never coming back. You actually thought he donated the surpass money to charity? Don't make me laugh! He played you all for fools. He knew Sony would string him up by the balls the second they got his harddrives. That's why he asked for the donations - so he could afford a plane ticket to South America. It's made all the better by how the guy posted, as blickmaniac which is the PSN ID of an account he supposedly never had, “Just curious what people would pay for exclusive rights to this solution. [Motorola] Tracfone W175g unlocked and debranded. PM me”. Clearly Geohot first wanted to sell his "jailbreaks", but then decided it'd be much more lucrative to just blackmail companies themselves.

In hindsight, all that flaming I got for speaking against the guy... It's all so very ironic. Some people sure know how to put faith in the wrong person.
rolleyes.gif

nightwaxon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wintrale said:
Oh, this is hilarious.

I warned you that siding with Geohot was a waste of time, that donating to him was a lost cause, but noooooooooo. All you rambled on about was how he was a bastion of truth, an honourable soldier against the tyrannical Sony Corporation that's trying to rewrite consumer laws so that they can force you to use their PS3s with Sony televisions.

Where's your saviour now? Oh right, he used all your money to run away to another country. The amount of money you gave him, he's never coming back. You actually thought he donated the surpass money to charity? Don't make me laugh! He played you all for fools. He knew Sony would string him up by the balls the second they got his harddrives. That's why he asked for the donations - so he could afford a plane ticket to South America. It's made all the better by how the guy posted, as blickmaniac which is the PSN ID of an account he supposedly never had, “Just curious what people would pay for exclusive rights to this solution. [Motorola] Tracfone W175g unlocked and debranded. PM me”. Clearly Geohot first wanted to sell his "jailbreaks", but then decided it'd be much more lucrative to just blackmail companies themselves.

In hindsight, all that flaming I got for speaking against the guy... It's all so very ironic. Some people sure know how to put faith in the wrong person.
rolleyes.gif

I'm gutted I didn't read your warnings. My saviour is no more. Just one question, who are you? I bet you're frantically tugging at you pellet congratulating yourself that you'd out thought a bunch of pirating nerds. You win the internet and I'm out!

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
MEGAMANTROTSKY said:
Antoligy said:

Mexico is part of north america.

MEGAMANTROTSKY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yuan said:
MEGAMANTROTSKY said:
Antoligy said:

Mexico is part of north america.
Ah. Thanks for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work