Hacking General softmod backup launching compatibility guide

martinezgene

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FunkyFlyChicken said:
Ok, another update.

MySims Racing also works on my system. So now, this is 2 games off of the 002b "Error list" that work on my Wii, but Ghostbusters won't.

Both MySims Racing and Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings load and create save games. I haven't actually played through MySims Racing, but it created Save Game file, and went to the menu. Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings I played through Sudan and San Francisco levels with no issue.

But still, Ghostbusters continues to hang at the Wii Remote safety screen... anyone have ANY idea what may be the culprit? It can't be the 002b error, as both of those other games work through my main Disc Channel (hacked with preloader/softmii).

Also, is it possible that it could be because I'm still on 3.2U? I'm a bit scared to try to upgrade to 4.0, but if someone could point me in the direction of a solid updater that I could use, maybe I'll give that a try. Also, if I were to reinstall/install newer version of cIOSCorp, do I need to remove all of the old files first? Or will it just update over top of the old files?

BTW - when trying to use NeoGamma to reboot with hooks, I get an exception error. So what I was doing was just setting the hook then immediately trying to load the game.

EDIT: I Just got the game to load, if I repeatedly hit the HOME/PLUS buttons on the remote before the safety screen pops up. If I don't do that, the game will freeze on that screen. I've never seen that before myself, but saw someone mention it in a thread about another game and figured WTF, give it a try...

Did you ever find away to load ghostbusters game thru disc channel without having to hit Home/plus? I am having the same problem. I got the game to load once using the home/plus but it will not load again. I installed the softmii 2.1.1 on 2 wii today and can play the game on one without any problems but the other one will not load.

RomMon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
TeenTin said:
WiiPower said:
TeenTin said:
@WiiPower

No matter hard I tried, I can't find the modified Gecko OS to download. Would you please help ?

Didn't i mention that it's to be found at Wiibrew?
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Geck:wtf:S

Which version of Gecko OS has the NEW 002 fix ? 1.9.1 ?

wiibrew.org/wiki/GeckoOS
scroll down to Downloads and there you find the "Unoffical Gecko OS 1.07b with new 002fix"

YarsRevenge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't get Deadly Creatures NTSC-U to work with rev10 no matter what I tried (002 fix made no difference either). It works fine with rev13a though. I haven't seen this game on any rev13 requirement lists but from my experience it should be up there with Ghostbusters and Indiana Jones And The Staff Of Kings. Oddly, Deadly creatures was actually causing my Wii to reset to the home menu when I tried to play it using rev10 on both USB Loader 1.5 and USB Loader GX.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
RomMon said:
TeenTin said:
WiiPower said:
TeenTin said:
@WiiPower

No matter hard I tried, I can't find the modified Gecko OS to download. Would you please help ?

Didn't i mention that it's to be found at Wiibrew?
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Geck:wtf:S

Which version of Gecko OS has the NEW 002 fix ? 1.9.1 ?

wiibrew.org/wiki/GeckoOS
scroll down to Downloads and there you find the "Unoffical Gecko OS 1.07b with new 002fix"

This new 002 fix is the one which allows rev10 to play games like ghostbusters/indy ?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
YarsRevenge said:
I couldn't get Deadly Creatures NTSC-U to work with rev10 no matter what I tried (002 fix made no difference either). It works fine with rev13a though. I haven't seen this game on any rev13 requirement lists but from my experience it should be up there with Ghostbusters and Indiana Jones And The Staff Of Kings. Oddly, Deadly creatures was actually causing my Wii to reset to the home menu when I tried to play it using rev10 on both USB Loader 1.5 and USB Loader GX.

I think you have an unlean rev10, or rev10 is worse than rev9. If the game was a 002b game, there would have been 100000000 threads about people complaining that the game does not work. If you have another IOS with trucha bug, try to delete IOS10 and then do a clean reinstall of it. Or just stick with rev13a.

QUOTE(Bloodlust @ Jun 30 2009, 12:59 PM) [...]
This new 002 fix is the one which allows rev10 to play games like ghostbusters/indy ?

It's the 002 fix that allows people with modchips or import retail games to play 002 and 002b games with IOS36, yes the one from nintendo.

montyzoomer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
martinezgene said:
FunkyFlyChicken said:
Ok, another update.

MySims Racing also works on my system. So now, this is 2 games off of the 002b "Error list" that work on my Wii, but Ghostbusters won't.

Both MySims Racing and Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings load and create save games. I haven't actually played through MySims Racing, but it created Save Game file, and went to the menu. Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings I played through Sudan and San Francisco levels with no issue.

But still, Ghostbusters continues to hang at the Wii Remote safety screen... anyone have ANY idea what may be the culprit? It can't be the 002b error, as both of those other games work through my main Disc Channel (hacked with preloader/softmii).

Also, is it possible that it could be because I'm still on 3.2U? I'm a bit scared to try to upgrade to 4.0, but if someone could point me in the direction of a solid updater that I could use, maybe I'll give that a try. Also, if I were to reinstall/install newer version of cIOSCorp, do I need to remove all of the old files first? Or will it just update over top of the old files?

BTW - when trying to use NeoGamma to reboot with hooks, I get an exception error. So what I was doing was just setting the hook then immediately trying to load the game.

EDIT: I Just got the game to load, if I repeatedly hit the HOME/PLUS buttons on the remote before the safety screen pops up. If I don't do that, the game will freeze on that screen. I've never seen that before myself, but saw someone mention it in a thread about another game and figured WTF, give it a try...

Did you ever find away to load ghostbusters game thru disc channel without having to hit Home/plus? I am having the same problem. I got the game to load once using the home/plus but it will not load again. I installed the softmii 2.1.1 on 2 wii today and can play the game on one without any problems but the other one will not load.
Well im eventually getting some success, with Ghostbusters. Im on a 3.1 PAL, ios 38, 53, 55, Cios36 rev13, NeoGamma R4. With all USB Devices and SD card removed, using these settings - Region Options - Force Video: Disc, Patch Video: ALL .......... The game Runs, its doesnt get stuck at wrist strap screen. BUT because i have an older TV with no special leads the game is all fuzzy (this is only from DVD, I can run it fine from Coverflow)

SO when I cange the Force Video to PAL480i I get a frozen strap screen (although in the correct color, but frozen)

So Im taking the DVD to a friends (most of them have LCD tvs that switch to the ntsc signal) to verify it does work on 3.1 and TVs capable of displaying NTSC signals..

So So So Im concluding it will never work on my TV drom DVD. would this be correct ?

Clock Work

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Diabolik The Original Sin(different reports, please somebody from the correct region, do the 002b test and post the results here)

wii system menu: updated from a hacked 3.2 to 4.0
wii region: ntsc*
cios version: rev10
other cios: hermes cios222
loader: usb loader gx rev 566

diabolik status: immeadiate freeze with green screen.

*EDIT:
im from the wrong region whoops
blush.gif

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Clock Work said:
WiiPower said:
Diabolik The Original Sin(different reports, please somebody from the correct region, do the 002b test and post the results here)

wii system menu: updated from a hacked 3.2 to 4.0
wii region: ntsc*
cios version: rev10
other cios: hermes cios222
loader: usb loader gx rev 566

diabolik status: immeadiate freeze with green screen.

*EDIT:
im from the wrong region whoops
blush.gif

Well, was the freeze because of the wrong region? I also don't know if the cios222 does the main.dol 002 patch or not. If you use cIOSrev13a and usb loader gx with 002 disabled and get the 002 error, use cIOSrev13a with 002 enabled, the game works and with cIOSrev13b and 002 fix en or disabled, you get the green screen freeze, you confirmed it's a 002b game. Note that you need to DISABLE the anti 002 fix for all this testing.

Clock Work

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Well, was the freeze because of the wrong region? I also don't know if the cios222 does the main.dol 002 patch or not. If you use cIOSrev13a and usb loader gx with 002 disabled and get the 002 error, use cIOSrev13a with 002 enabled, the game works and with cIOSrev13b and 002 fix en or disabled, you get the green screen freeze, you confirmed it's a 002b game. Note that you need to DISABLE the anti 002 fix for all this testing.

yea the green screen only occurs when i set "video mode" to "force ntsc" and "video patch" to "on"

other wise it boots using just the "anti 002 fix" but with a black and white flickering screen of course.

i guess its about time to update my cios's, do you recommend a utility that can do em all, or must i use a different updater/wad for each one?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Color issues can't be fixed by the cIOS. Well maybe rev14 will change that, we will see. If the game does not work with the 3 different patch options, you need a tv/cable combination that is PAL compatible.

Clock Work

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Color issues can't be fixed by the cIOS. Well maybe rev14 will change that, we will see. If the game does not work with the 3 different patch options, you need a tv/cable combination that is PAL compatible.

okay then i'll just keep it on my non-working list for now.

Question:

i read the first 13 pages of you and wiigee trying to help some people, and saw alott of bitching so i just couldnt read on any more, so if this was covered already and i missed im sorry for asking an old question,

but...
when loading COD 3 ntsc on usbloader gx, cios rev10, cios 222, system menu 4.0u, waht .dol do i need in my "altdol folder"

i ask cause theres like 16 of them in the dol_revf folder, (im thinking one for each level)

if im missing something obvios here please let me know

EDIT:
after re-reading the first post i now have noticed the asterisk, and the fact that cod3 didnt have an asterisk,

so does this mean that game is only playable when using an actual disc, and not a usb loader?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I only looked once which games were said to work with the alternative .dol loading, maybe the game is supposed to work with it, maybe not. You can try the different .dols quickly with NeoGamma R6 and loading them from disc.

lorenzo67

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, in the first page of this post i try a reference to see tutorial inside grand slam tennis...but follow th elink i can't find any suggestion about.

Can you tell me what is the alternate dol for this tutorial?

Thank you very much

Lorenzo

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
lorenzo67 said:
Hi, in the first page of this post i try a reference to see tutorial inside grand slam tennis...but follow th elink i can't find any suggestion about.

Can you tell me what is the alternate dol for this tutorial?

Thank you very much

Lorenzo

It has to be somewhere on the disc. Search the comlete .iso with WiiScrubber or Trucha Signer. Or try to load the .dol from disc diretly with NeoGamma R6 or the latest configurable USB loader.

brand0dotcom

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
has anybody else had a problem with metroid prime 3? thorne jungle in bryyo doesn't load. samus's plane just sort of keeps flying. sound works. plane hovers and moves but the stage doesn't load. i've tried neogamma, usb loader gx, and configurable usb loader. if it helps i've tried cios 38 rev10, 12, 13 and 13b. i can reset the game when i hit the home button but if i select wii menu. console crashes.

could the loader have messed up the xfer of the game to the HDD? all my other games work fine. no complaints here just curious as to whether anyone else has encountered this or if there is a fix that i'm unaware of. thanks in advance for any help.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
@Wiipower

We have several people in the Configurable thread that state they have Red Steel working via alt .dol. It should probably have a star.

lorenzo67 said:
I know is on the disk, i tell if someone know the name and the path.

thank you

Lorenzo

You probably have your answer already, but WiiPower was trying to tell you that if you use a recent Configurable USB Loader or NeoGamma and select the "alt dol on disc" option, the loader will find all the possible .dol files for you (and will probably only find one in addition to main.dol). No need to do any manual searching or WiiScrubbing or anything.

Clock Work

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay so i had some free time recently (my 360 got red ringed) and i decided to do some wii iso testing...

and heres my list of ISO's that dont work for me:

Wii System Specs:
Original Firmware - 3.4u | Current Firmware - 4.0u
Installed ios's - waninkoko's CIOS rev 10, Hermes' CIOS 222
HDD - Western Digital My Book Essential Edition 1TB
USB Loader - USB Loader GX 1.0 rev. 581 default IOS = 222

Anubis II - RF/PAL
force ntsc, vid patch on = loads but frezzes at black screen just after "renderware logo"
can still access home button menu and power button
disc default, vid patch off = black & white screen, NO FLICKER

Diabolik - PAL
force ntsc, vid patch on = green screen freeze
disc default, vid patch off = black & white flickering screen

Jelly Belly Ballistic Beans - PAL

Legend of Sayuki - PAL

Marble Balance Challenge - PAL
disc default, vid patch off = no strap warning, black screen freeze, can still use power button

Movie Games - NTSC
default settings = no strap warning, black screen freeze, wii mote lost contact
ios 249 = no strap warning, black screen freeze, wiimote player 1 light on
ios 222 + 002 fix = same as default
ios 222 + anti 002 = same as default
no alt dol found

My Vet Practice - PAL
force ntsc, vid patch on = green screen freeze, video display cuts off,
wii still on, can still use power button

Pajama Sam: Dont Fear the Dark - PAL

Pirates: Hunt for BlackBeards Treasure - PAL

Rock n roll Adventures - RF/PAL
force ntsc, vid patch on = loads but frezzes at black screen just after "renderware logo"
can still access home button menu and power button

Rogue Trooper: Quartz Zone Massacare - PAL

Tak and the Guardians of Gross - PAL
force ntsc, vid patch on = Green screen freeze

Top Trumps: Doctor Who - PAL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sorry I sat on them when they were open
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: So that version is semi rare