Gears of War 4 gameplay debut

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Chary, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Chary
    OP

Chary Never sleeps

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States

LrRyN76.png
    Microsoft has just uploaded 10 minutes of gameplay for it's latest flagship third-person-shooter, Gears of War 4. This gameplay is based on the PC version, running at 4K resolution. Gears of War 4 is set to be release October 11 of this year, for Xbox One and PC. Recommended PC specs are attached below the trailer.

2. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I don't have a xbox and i still don't cause of games like this. :P
    Guess microsoft don't want my money as badly as nintendo or sony does. :D

3. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 26, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    The Xbox One has parental controls, you can restirct access to games that are too scary for you :P

kumikochan and Chary like this.
  4. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I am a adult, parental controls do not influence why i don't have this system, i don't have it simply cause there not enough games i like playing on it. Besides Killer instinct, there not many rpg games or any platforming games, or fighting games.:mellow:

You find that funny? "Click bait @Chary" :creep:

5. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    Keep the idiotic fanboy wars out of here please. As An adult you should know better

6. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I respect your opinion. Please respect mine. I'm not a fanboy, i was making a statement of my opinion, in response to someone else.

7. T-hug

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    I want this so bad and always said I get an xbone when they revealed a slim but now I figure I'll just wait for scorpio. Also they want £285 for a slim here, way to much!

8. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I have a question, This isn't like a tactical game right? I watch some people play the umm... Ultimate collection i think it was called, and i see a guy running around and shooting the other enemies while hiding behind walls and stuff. Is it played like a FPS game but with a behind view camera, or is this like some tactical game like that Xcom or command and conquor?

9. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 26, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    To keep this thread on topic, what do people think who have played the other Gears games?

I quite enjoyed the multiplayer beta, however it's nothing really new compared to the other 4 games in the series, which i guess is both good and bad. We have averaged a new Gears of War game every 2 years for the past 10 years. I was / am absolutely massive fan of the series, however it's become a bit "meh your milking the franchise now".

I'm still undecided if this is something worth getting at launch, i'm more interested in Mafia 3, which i know it totally different to Gears of War 4, however the point i'm making is it will be the 3rd Mafia game in 14+ years since the franchise has been created, it's not like their churning a new game out for the sake of it.

10. T-hug

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    It's a third person shooter. Some might call it a cover based shooter.

11. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Okay, i get it then. Whoever i was watching didn't explain it right I guess. I was under the impression it was tactical cause of how long people are moving and hiding that by the time they shoot is like after a minute. It almost reminded me of Metal gear with all the hiding, and stealth. I wish more shooting games had the feature of properly hiding behind things, like real army men. :P

12. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    Same game with same game play but with larger pixels