OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Today I stumbled upon this:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-g4-49-en-70-3cep.html

With it, you can connect a classic controller to the gamecube port and use it as a gamecube controller.

But, as everyone knows, the new wii model doens't have that port anymore.

So, I was wondering, does any connector exist that does the opposite thing: connect a gamecube controller to the wii-mote, so it can be used as a classic controller?

It would be great for people with that new Wii model, who want to play games like SSBB with the gamecube controller. Also, we'd be able to play games that only support the classic controller, and not the gamecube controller (like Rayman Origins).

SweetDevilStitch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't think so, there's nowhere to plug it in.

I mean an adapter, with on one side a port to put the gc controller in, and on the other side a port that can be plugged into the nunchuck/classic controller port of the wii-mote. .

Devolution is what you're looking for. It's not been released yet, however, so you'll have to wait.

Isn't that to use the classic controller for gamecube games? I mean the other way around: to use the gc controller on games that support the classic controller but not the gc controller (like Rayman Origins)

Edit: Like this, only for gamecube controllers instead of PS2: http://www.amazon.com/PS2-Controller-Adapter-Wii-Remote-Wii/dp/B002OJ8S7C

SweetDevilStitch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
there's no adapter and you can't use cube controllers on the new wiis since they removed the ports. should have gotten an older version :P

Well I hope a 3rd party company will make such an adapter some day. Because it'll also be a welcome addon for the Wii U.

Also, I didn't actually buy the new Wii for this reason; my reasons for wanting such an adapter are mostly to play games that only support the classic controller :P (And for the Wii U in the future)

SweetDevilStitch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the classic controller plugs into the wii mote not the cube ports. you can use it on the new wiis
I know that, but I want to use my cube controller as a classic controller, since some games don't support cube controller but do support classic controller

But I guess it doesn't exist yet. Let's hope some 3rd party releases such an adapter later, at least when the Wii U comes out.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Everyone posting in this thread seems unable to understand the OP's very simple question which they have now had to explain several times over.

It's really very simple what they are looking for: An adapter to use a GC controller as a Classic Controller. Nothing to do with GC games. Nothing to do with using a classic controller in GC games. Nothing to do with any of the other stuff people are randomly posting in the thread.

As a response to the OP, I have not seen such an adapter, but that is not to say there isn't one. I'll have a look and see what I can find and post back if I find something.

EDIT: And it is of course perfectly possible. Ignore what bladexdsl is saying, because he is wrong and it is possible.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Devolution is what you're looking for. It's not been released yet, however, so you'll have to wait.

Isn't that to use the classic controller for gamecube games? I mean the other way around: to use the gc controller on games that support the classic controller but not the gc controller (like Rayman Origins)

Edit: Like this, only for gamecube controllers instead of PS2: http://www.amazon.co...i/dp/B002OJ8S7C
Then no, there is no way as of yet. I don't see why you must use a GC controller, the classic controller is just as good.

SweetDevilStitch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Edit: Like this, only for gamecube controllers instead of PS2: http://www.amazon.co...i/dp/B002OJ8S7C
Then no, there is no way as of yet. I don't see why you must use a GC controller, the classic controller is just as good.

I just like the gamecube controller over any other controller I've ever played with (maybe except for the xbox360 controller, but no others).
Also, I have 4 gamecube controllers, and I don't want to buy any additional ones that I don't like

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

I just like the gamecube controller over any other controller I've ever played with (maybe except for the xbox360 controller, but no others).
Also, I have 4 gamecube controllers, and I don't want to buy any additional ones that I don't like
Ahh, I see. The GC controller would have to be my favorite so I can see why you'd want to use it, but in this case if you want to play GC games you're gonna have to use the Classic Controller.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
look all you want the adapter doesnt exist i'd know if it did cos i've been looking for something similar for a long time
If something doesn't exist, it doesn't mean it's not possible. Otherwise the PS2-Wiimote adapter wouldn't work either. The PS2 controller wasn't even supposed to work on the console.. As for making a working adapter, it is possible in the same way that people have made USB-GCport adapters. Apparently none have been made (yet), but it should be possible.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I think it's not possible due to the 5V a GC controller needs to function. I doubt the Wiimote can output that.

HOWEVER, I know there is a special wireless GC controller with both a GC connector and a Wiimote connector... but it's not an adapter, and when I went to look for it, NO ONE had it.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
... i'd know if it did cos i've been looking for something similar for a long time

Well, you havnt looked hard enough. There are plenty of people that have made their own adapters :)
Nothing I'd recommend to a beginner though, its not exactly soldering a few wires together :rolleyes:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY