Hardware Connect Gamecube controller to Wiimote?

Saulsa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the OG model of the Wii with the Gamecube backwards compatibility (controller ports, memory cards, etc.). I kinda hate how GC controllers have to plug into the system while wii controllers are wireless and controllers that ARE wired (ex: Classic Controller) can plug into the wiimote. So, is there some way I can connect a GC controller to a wiimote for playing GC games? Will any modifications be required?

Also, i'm aware that there's a third-party attachment that does allow to connect GC controllers to the wiimote, but they're recognized as the Classic Controller. That's not what i'm looking for. The controller needs to be recognized by the system as a GC controller. All help is appreciated!

-Saulsa

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
giphy.gif

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

giphy.gif

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

giphy.gif

Reactions: Deleted User

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What you're asking for is impossible. You pretty much mentioned the possible options in your post do them or don't use a gamecube controller those are your choices.

Reactions: Ryccardo

Itsuki235

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Use the black classic controller addons for the Wii Remote. They work with GCN games.

2) Get a wireless GCN controller. The official ones are called "wavebird gcn controllers" and there are 3rd party ones available on ebay/amazon. The 3rd party wireless ones are better quality than expected.

Reactions: fmhugo

Saulsa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Use the black classic controller addons for the Wii Remote. They work with GCN games.

2) Get a wireless GCN controller. The official ones are called "wavebird gcn controllers" and there are 3rd party ones available on ebay/amazon. The 3rd party wireless ones are better quality than expected.

I never heard of the wavebird before and it's even made by nintendo? Nice! Not what I was looking for but this just might be better, i'll look into it. Thanks and same goes to hug0-a7x for the wiki link!

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep it mind it's not going to take over your Wiimote for Wii games, you'll still have to use a Wiimote. It will only work with Gamecube. You said you didn't want a third party attachment but that's the only way to replace the classic controller. But I have one for my Wiimote on Wii U with they're good.

Saulsa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep it mind it's not going to take over your Wiimote for Wii games, you'll still have to use a Wiimote. It will only work with Gamecube. You said you didn't want a third party attachment but that's the only way to replace the classic controller. But I have one for my Wiimote on Wii U with they're good.

That's fine. I don't really use my GC controller for wii games except Sonic Riders ZG, but i can live with using the the wiimote's dpad. As long as I don't have to deal with a cord going from my wii and across the room to my controller, i'm good. Also i didn't say i didn't want a third-party attachment, i was just reffering to one that kept popping up but wasn't what i was looking for. I think it was called Mayflash.

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mayflash is quality I don't understand why you wouldn't want one. I can play all my Wii games that support classic controller with a Wavebird due to Mayflash GC Adapter. Plugs into Wiimote like you asked and it works 100% perfectly. I also have other Mayflash adapters and they all work exactly as advertised.

Saulsa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mayflash is quality I don't understand why you wouldn't want one. I can play all my Wii games that support classic controller with a Wavebird due to Mayflash GC Adapter. Plugs into Wiimote like you asked and it works 100% perfectly. I also have other Mayflash adapters and they all work exactly as advertised.

From what I read about Mayflash, it does allow you to connect a GC controller to the wiimote, but it's detected as being a Classic Controller. I didn't want that. I want to be able to play GC games on my Wii with the GC controller and not deal with cord. I could've misread about it, that stuff happens.

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is detected as a classic controller, but you plug the Mayflash adapter into your Wiimote and then you can sync your Wavebird to it so it's wireless, no wires involved if of course you have a Wavebird which you should if you want wireless. With being a classic controller you can play all the gamecube games and Wii classic controller games, unless you don't even have a hacked Wii then you can't play Gamecube games with it so then I'd understand.

Saulsa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is detected as a classic controller, but you plug the Mayflash adapter into your Wiimote and then you can sync your Wavebird to it so it's wireless, no wires involved if of course you have a Wavebird which you should if you want wireless. With being a classic controller you can play all the gamecube games and Wii classic controller games, unless you don't even have a hacked Wii then you can't play Gamecube games with it so then I'd understand.

That actually sounds pretty cool and it seems to somewhat work with what I was looking for! I've looked into the wavebird and it's pretty neat. Guess i'll do some more looking into Mayflash. Btw my wii is the original white ones from 2006 and has homebrew. At this point, who has a wii that hasn't been hacked?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1