Homebrew GBARunner2

bobrocks95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, that sounds rather strange. Sounds like the fat table might have been corrupted in some way? If that really might happen sometimes, I might need to add a checksum for safety. These kind of things are basically why a backup of your sd is currently a good thing to have.

I did at one point have Windows say it needed to fix my SD card when I was switching it between console and PC to try and determine the problem, if that supports the fat table theory.

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I did at one point have Windows say it needed to fix my SD card when I was switching it between console and PC to try and determine the problem, if that supports the fat table theory.
Today someone did some tests for me. Adding a checksum didn't fix it (I'll still keep it for safety though), he's gonna investigate further. It seems something is going wrong with creating the file. It's not clear though if it's specific to these games (which would be weird) or if it's always or in some specific circumstances or something. Making an empty save on the pc on forehand seemed to give no issues.

Reactions: haiviet2011

Arnold101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I implemented sd saving in commit f89fac5 on the branch sd_save.

Edit: because of a little bug, your bios.bin needs to be at the root of your sd card. In the gba folder it won't work!!
wich files of these (dldi etc) i need to use for a dsi modded?

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Today someone did some tests for me. Adding a checksum didn't fix it (I'll still keep it for safety though), he's gonna investigate further. It seems something is going wrong with creating the file. It's not clear though if it's specific to these games (which would be weird) or if it's always or in some specific circumstances or something. Making an empty save on the pc on forehand seemed to give no issues.
my saves got created just fine on my DSi, maybe its the method through which GBArunner2 is getting ran from? im using DSimenu++ on my hiyaCFW'd american DSi

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
my saves got created just fine on my DSi, maybe its the method through which GBArunner2 is getting ran from? im using DSimenu++ on my hiyaCFW'd american DSi
Nope a few people have reported the sd card being wiped using dsimenu++ to load GBARunner2.

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nope a few people have reported the sd card being wiped using dsimenu++ to load GBARunner2.
Yeah, it's a weird issue. @T-Tudor who made the file creation code for me was not able to reproduce the issue which makes it harder to solve. There are probably some specific circumstances (of the fat on the sd) that make it happen.

Socrotendo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm noticing something with GBARunner2 that I haven't seen noted anywhere else. That is, after about three minutes of gameplay, the sound will go about a second or so out of sync, sometimes correcting itself later. Is this normal for now? (Btw, I'm using the app via DSiMenu++)

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm noticing something with GBARunner2 that I haven't seen noted anywhere else. That is, after about three minutes of gameplay, the sound will go about a second or so out of sync, sometimes correcting itself later. Is this normal for now? (Btw, I'm using the app via DSiMenu++)
Sound sync could be an issue sometimes (related to buffering and such). You can try resetting the sound buffers with the X button iirc.

erimatai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Hi Gericom, thanks for this great GBA interpreter (I think) for the NDS.
For me this is the only way to play GBA games with a NDS flashcart (specifically a R4iDSN) in my New 2DS.
I have a problem, when I test the last commit, maybe the first with the save feature for games (commit f89fac5) I get a message "R4iDSN" with strange symbols in the bottom screen. This is a problem with my flashcart?

D

Deleted User

Hi Gericom, thanks for this great GBA interpreter (I think) for the NDS.
For me this is the only way to play GBA games with a NDS flashcart (specifically a R4iDSN) in my New 2DS.
I have a problem, when I test the last commit, maybe the first with the save feature for games (commit f89fac5) I get a message "R4iDSN" with strange symbols in the bottom screen. This is a problem with my flashcart?
Did the previous build work? Also try the arm7 build if you haven´t already.

erimatai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Did the previous build work? Also try the arm7 build if you haven´t already.
I'm using the previous build, it works well but I can't save my progress. And I tried the arm7 build, that's the version gave me the message, the arm9 doesn't work for me.
Again I have the N2DS with a R4 clone flashcard.

darkNiGHTS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, is there a shortcut to go back to game selection? Or must I reboot my DSi everytime? Updating some games on the compatibility list.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm using the previous build, it works well but I can't save my progress. And I tried the arm7 build, that's the version gave me the message, the arm9 doesn't work for me.
Again I have the N2DS with a R4 clone flashcard.
From your description it sounds like it is your flashcard. You could try to use DSimenu++

Edit: Sorry, didn't see that you said it was your only way of playing GBA games on your 2DS, which I take it means that you don't have CFW on your 2DS and no intention of installing it.

Last edited by Zense,

darkNiGHTS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to reboot everytime. Good that you're updating it!
Does anybody know of any games in particular that would be good to try? I'm kind of just trying at random but if there are certain games that have a reason to be working now, based on certain updates, let me know and I'll teset.

erimatai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
From your description it sounds like it is your flashcard. You could try to use DSimenu++

Edit: Sorry, didn't see that you said it was your only way of playing GBA games on your 2DS, which I take it means that you don't have CFW on your 2DS and no intention of installing it.
More than anything I want to avoid the Nintendo ban for installing the CFW in my 2DS while Nintendo still supporting the 3DS line, but I have the possibility to use NDS homebrew and emulators. Maybe is for my flashcard, so I gonna wait a while, for a decent commit for my R4 clone (Dual Core 2017 Smart Update).
Thanks for keeping alive the NDS scene after many years and for your help!

Xolam

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I implemented sd saving in commit f89fac5 on the branch sd_save.

Hey, thank you so much for this and those whole build in general!

Everything works really fine for me and I can save most of my games.

There are some games like Pokemon Ruby where I needed to srampatch the rom, while the compatibility list on your wiki said it isn't needed. Soooo I don't know if the list should be edited? Because maybe it is necessary for some people but not everyone (?!??).

Also, I noticed that some romhacks are completely playable, but need srampatching JUST to be able to save the game, otherwise a message "Please exchange the backup memory" will appear when saving. An example of romhack that works is a japanese one, Pokemon Vega. I don't know if those games should be added to the wiki list?

Sorry I also don't know if this thread is the right place to talk about this, but thank you for this emulator it's been a long time since I wanted to play a fucking gba pokemon romhack on my ds like a boss ^___^

Reactions: Zense
D

Deleted User

Hey, thank you so much for this and those whole build in general!

Everything works really fine for me and I can save most of my games.

There are some games like Pokemon Ruby where I needed to srampatch the rom, while the compatibility list on your wiki said it isn't needed. Soooo I don't know if the list should be edited? Because maybe it is necessary for some people but not everyone (?!??).

Also, I noticed that some romhacks are completely playable, but need srampatching JUST to be able to save the game, otherwise a message "Please exchange the backup memory" will appear when saving. An example of romhack that works is a japanese one, Pokemon Vega. I don't know if those games should be added to the wiki list?

Sorry I also don't know if this thread is the right place to talk about this, but thank you for this emulator it's been a long time since I wanted to play a fucking gba pokemon romhack on my ds like a boss ^___^
I made the last complete testrun over a year ago with an arm9 build from 2017/05/22, so of course the wiki is very much outdated and in need for an update.
You couldn´t save back then. Sram patching your game was neccesary for games that would freeze or crash or to load a save file.
Pokemon Ruby, the european version, very much works for me with the arm9 version from 2017/05/22. I haven´t tested the recent version, so I have no idea if the game currently works or not.

Thanks, @darkNiGHTS for the updates! Please write the name of the tested game in the summary! :)

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol