GBARunner2

By Gericom, Dec 4, 2016 666,106 3,229 104

1. G14Classified

G14Classified Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    Thank you for your wonderful work with GBARunner2! I've used an older Arm7 build with my CycloDS+DS Phat with success in the past.
    I'm hoping to test the new build which allows saving (sram). However, I get a white screen with DIIF at the bottom screen, I've put the bios.bin into the base folder too.

Any ideas what's going on? :(
    Thanks guys!

2. Gericom

OP Gericom GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    It means the dldi initialization failed. Maybe try booting using dsimenu++

3. G14Classified

G14Classified Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    I've never used dsimenu++, Is there a pack for CycloDS flash cart I can use? The only one's I've seen are for R4, M3, Acekard & supercard.

4. wzhy90

wzhy90 Member
    Newcomer

Switzerland
    Can anyone play Wario Land 4 ?

5. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL
    Developer

United States
    Just use DSiMenu++ without the pack.

6. Gericom

Netherlands
    Wario Land 4 currently has a timing issue which makes it freeze at the end of the first level :/

Tarmfot likes this.
  7. wzhy90

wzhy90 Member
    Newcomer

Switzerland
    That so sad. BTW gbaemu4ds can play this. but that cant run on hiyaCFW

8. Coto

Coto -

Chile
    keep in mind that Gericom is in recovery treatment right now. Comparing stuff currently has no relevance and I think it'd be annoying. GBARunner2 already does two things better than gbaemu4ds:

- prefetch abort / relocated executable code : (boots more games outside the 3.1~ + MB scope improving compatibility)
    - sound

Last edited by Coto, Aug 21, 2018
    Tarmfot and Zense like this.
  9. Dodain47

Dodain47 Pending Deletion

Austria
    You can use this save state to play Wario Land 4. It´s compatible with gbarunner2. Every level is unlocked. The game freezes when you hit the level statue and try to fight the bosses.

10. Gericom

Netherlands
    I tried it on gbaemu4ds once and it froze for me in the same spot iirc.
    That relocating thing is actually not true. Relocating code outside the 2 MB range is very hard to do. One must be able to catch all relative jumps 32 MB before and after whereever a piece of code has been loaded if you want to do that. I have been thinking about it but I didn't find a way so far.

By the way, gbaemu4ds doesn't even properly run mksc, because it does not map a certain bg mode correctly to a ds equivalent.

Tarmfot likes this.
  11. G14Classified

G14Classified Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    I've put the "_NDS" folder ad 'Boot.nds" in the base. followed the instructions with auto DS cart launch, selected 'boot' and I get "fatinitDefault failed!"
    I've already reformatted my microsd into fat32 again. still the same thing.

Am I missing something? Sorry for my ignorance, I've been away from DS homebrew scene for too long. :(

12. Coto

Coto -

Chile
    1) Huh, I thought it did that because of how it did account for code relocation outside the current scope (the internal GBA relocated address and the internal offset of the current fetched buffer). I wouldn't go saying it is actually false, because you at least partially do it (from the last time I did read the source code that is years ago). That allows to boot, say, pokemon emerald, as it is outside the 4MB scope right before the logo shows up.

2) Now I actually fixed that in gbaemu4ds it's just not commited yet, it's just text mode (mode0) Engine differences (the DS does 64K tile maps) and the GBA does not, and that breaks mode0 , mode2, etc (for that game and others).

edit: I will refrain from posting here to not derail this thread, anyway, if anybody has a question, just PM. Have a good day. ;-)

Last edited by Coto, Aug 22, 2018
  13. Zense

Zense GBARunner2 config: Touch the touchscreen + press R

Italy
    I'll try to have a look at it since I have a cyclods myself. However I think if dsimenu++ doesn't support cyclods then getting it to autoboot dsimenu++ will not work.

Also, you might get better help asking over at the dsimenu++ thread about getting it to run on a cyclods.

Last edited by Zense, Aug 22, 2018
  14. G14Classified

G14Classified Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    Thanks. It sucks dsimenu++ doensn't work, but on a good note, GBARunner2 does launch if I start the file via "Moonshell" which is an old program used for media playing on CycloDS.

Thanks Gericom! The save seems to be working with Aria of Sorrow! That was one of my fav GBA games (and one of the first games I ever bought for it way back when) :)

Gericom likes this.
  15. ChampionLeake

ChampionLeake NTR/TWL Exploiter

United States
    Is there like some compatibility list for GBA games that work with GBARunner?

16. zfreeman

zfreeman GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    ChampionLeake likes this.
  17. ChampionLeake

ChampionLeake NTR/TWL Exploiter

United States
  18. Gericom

Netherlands
    I must say that it's like a year outdated for most games though. In general games often work better than described there

Tarmfot and ChampionLeake like this.
  19. dazazazle

dazazazle Newbie
    Newcomer

Russia
    Sonic advance 2 still freez on boot with music and 4 lanes.

Last edited by dazazazle, Sep 3, 2018
  20. SaveState

SaveState Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey I've had some experience with GBA Rom hacking, but I'm kinda new to NDS Homebrew.
    Anyway, I tried the Commit a61e70e version of this emulator out, using the tutorial on the /wiki/GBARunner2 page. When I started it up with a clean Pokemon Ruby (E) Rom and the Bios loaded, it was stuck in a repeat of the GBA Bios/startup screen. I also tried this with a SRAM patched Fire Red Rom, same effect. I've also tried using other GBA emulators here, but the Gbaemu4DS came up with "The save file has been deleted..." after trying to load previous saves.
    Also, I am using the R4 SDHC 2016 with the 2018 kernel.
    Is there any way anyone here can help me? I've been trying to get ANY Pokemon GBA game to work on my DS Lite for like a week now:cry:

Edit: Also, is there any support for goomba emulator converted GB/C Roms yet? (Don't question why I want to do this, I know about GBC emulators)

Last edited by SaveState, Sep 5, 2018
    Tarmfot likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - GBARunner2,