Homebrew GBARunner2

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I tried to play Emerald thorugh GBARunner2 with DSiMenu++, and it got as far as loading the GBA boot screen before getting stuck on a white screen. Any ideas about what happened?

It says that pokemon ruby runs well on gba runner but it does not work for me btw I have r4i gold pro. after it says game boy nothing else happens

complex games still have problems booting, but even so, the version that comes with DSimenu++ is outdated, you cant save anyways though

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
What can I do then? I don’t have a DSi anymore so I don’t really have any other options.
wait, so you are trying to use GBArunner to run GBA games on a 3DS? why? you can use the official nintendo bootstrap to inject games unto home menu apps or just use a good old GBA emulator like gPSP or mGBA, your console is not hacked? chances are your flashcart can be used to hack ANY model at ANY firmware version, hell, this month they may release an requirementless hack for the newest firmware

Jawman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually don't have a flashcart, but i do have CFW. For some reason gPSP doesn't work, so I was looking for alternatives and found this one.

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I actually don't have a flashcart, but i do have CFW. For some reason gPSP doesn't work, so I was looking for alternatives and found this one.
GBArunner is an expriment that runs on DS mode, just dont use it, it cant even save yet, if you have a new 3DS just use mGBA, if you dont, get someone to help you with gPSP

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I tried to play Emerald thorugh GBARunner2 with DSiMenu++, and it got as far as loading the GBA boot screen before getting stuck on a white screen. Any ideas about what happened?
It says that pokemon ruby runs well on gba runner but it does not work for me btw I have r4i gold pro. after it says game boy nothing else happens
Have you guys made sure that the roms don't have an intro and tried to sram patch them?

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I implemented sd saving in commit f89fac5 on the branch sd_save.
Implemented saving to sd
Warning: Although it is tested, I cannot guarantee that it will work fine in all cases,
so use it at your own risk. A backup of your sd is recommend.
Edit: because of a little bug, your bios.bin needs to be at the root of your sd card. In the gba folder it won't work!!

Attachments

• GBARunner2_arm7dldi.nds.zip
    22.3 KB · Views: 1,202
  • GBARunner2_arm7dldi_wramicache.nds.zip
    22.4 KB · Views: 664
  • GBARunner2_arm9dldi.nds.zip
    22.6 KB · Views: 1,099
  • GBARunner2_arm9dldi_wramicache.nds.zip
    22.7 KB · Views: 1,610
Last edited by Gericom,

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
@Gericom i have to report that there was a regression in the builds you just posted, my wii U VC rom of SMA4 now apparently causes a bootloop, with or without SRAM patching, the normal US rom works fine, but for some reason boots to the gameboy player mode (this isnt new though)

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Gericom i have to report that there was a regression in the builds you just posted, my wii U VC rom of SMA4 now apparently causes a bootloop, with or without SRAM patching, the normal US rom works fine, but for some reason boots to the gameboy player mode (this isnt new though)
Hmm, interesting. So in the previous version it still worked?

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hmm, interesting. So in the previous version it still worked?
yep, it had the exact same bugs as the SMA4 US build, but now, for some reason, it bootloops after the GB player logo, US rom works very good though, i can also confirm that all 4 SMA games (US roms with SRAM patch) save just fine

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Castlevania Circle of the Moon also saves and loads perfectly, it even created the .sav from scratch! Quite impressive.

Still only the arm7 non-wramicache seems to run on acekard 2i, but its been that way for a while.

bobrocks95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure you're aware of issues with the saving version, but just in case, both times I played games that crashed or wouldn't save (Mother 3, non-SRAM-patched Minish Cap) GBARunner2 messed with my bootloader.nds file in the hiya folder, messing up my SDNAND for HiyaCFW. This is on a DSi.

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm sure you're aware of issues with the saving version, but just in case, both times I played games that crashed or wouldn't save (Mother 3, non-SRAM-patched Minish Cap) GBARunner2 messed with my bootloader.nds file in the hiya folder, messing up my SDNAND for HiyaCFW. This is on a DSi.
Hmm, that sounds rather strange. Sounds like the fat table might have been corrupted in some way? If that really might happen sometimes, I might need to add a checksum for safety. These kind of things are basically why a backup of your sd is currently a good thing to have.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.