Homebrew GBARunner2

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sure, I'll correct that, however I was trying to emphasize that I can't get the arm9 versions to work, for some reason.
That just depends on the flashcard for whatever reason. Like I said earlier, if the bios doesn't boot, the problems are not related to the game.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'veslowly been testing some of the games that are marked as unplayable on the wiki, and I've updated the compatibility list where I found changes. So far I've only found that the games that were reported to have issues with bios looping or white screen after the bios, still have that. So far, the only game I've found that is now working, with speed boost from wramicache version, is "Azumanga Daioh Advance". I'll report and see what more I find. Eventually I'm gonna check games that are reported as unplayable, but were playable in an earlier commit.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So, I've been testing a lot of games lately. Not found any changes on either version. I'll publish what games later, however note that they were all games that were listed as working on an earlier commit. I figure my next move will be to test games that are reported as suffering from slowdown.

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So, I've been testing a lot of games lately. Not found any changes on either version. I'll publish what games later, however note that they were all games that were listed as working on an earlier commit. I figure my next move will be to test games that are reported as suffering from slowdown.
Yeah, that would be a good idea. I'll make a build of the latest git version on Friday. The wramicache version should work even better now. So you might want to wait for that version to compare the speed.

Reactions: Zense and zfreeman

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah, that would be a good idea. I'll make a build of the latest git version on Friday. The wramicache version should work even better now. So you might want to wait for that version to compare the speed.
Sweet! I'll wait for the new version then :D

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Here's the new version, commit f9e6ded (28/02/2018). I've cleaned up some stuff and improved the wramicache version. More games might support it now and it should be even faster too. The arm7 version is compatible with srloader on dsi now as well!

Attachments

• GBARunner2_arm7dldi.nds.zip
    21.1 KB · Views: 404
  • GBARunner2_arm7dldi_wramicache.nds.zip
    21.2 KB · Views: 304
  • GBARunner2_arm9dldi.nds.zip
    21.9 KB · Views: 308
  • GBARunner2_arm9dldi_wramicache.nds.zip
    22 KB · Views: 341

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Here's the new version, commit f9e6ded (28/02/2018). I've cleaned up some stuff and improved the wramicache version. More games might support it now and it should be even faster too. The arm7 version is compatible with srloader on dsi now as well!

Wow that's amazing! Great work! I'lI try and test some games this evening

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
With the new commit I keep getting a white screen and test when using my DSL and r4irts, so I'm gonna try and format and cleanup my microsd and swtich between my different consoles to see if I can get it running. So far only the noicache version works on my ak2i. Tested a few games with it but nothing noteworthy there yet.

On another note, what flashcard are you using @Gericom ? I'm tempted to just order another flashcard especially if I'm not able to get this running.

EDIT: Added a photo of what the bottom screen says before giving "test". Still got this after reformating the microsdcard

Screenshot_2018-03-03-11-43-56.png
IMG_20180303_115359.jpg

Last edited by Zense,

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
With the new commit I keep getting a white screen and test when using my DSL and r4irts, so I'm gonna try and format and cleanup my microsd and swtich between my different consoles to see if I can get it running. So far only the nowram version works on my ak2i. Tested a few games with it but nothing noteworthy there.

On another note, what flashcard are you using @Gericom ? I'm tempted to just order another flashcard especially if I'm not able to get this running.

EDIT: Added a photo of what the bottom screen says before giving "test". Still got this after reformating the microsdcard
I recently didn't test with my original r4, since I use my IS-NITRO-EMULATOR for testing. It could be that some additional proper initialization is needed, since some of that is gone when I made it compatible with dsi. Different ways of launching may have a slightly different situation at startup.

Also, why doesn't the icache version work on your ak2i

Edit: I might need to initialize some powercontrol registers or something. I'm gonna look into it. It should be fixable.

Last edited by Gericom,

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So after a lot of troubleshooting I found that in order to get this version running for me (trying to use my ak2i, cyclods and ysmenu) I had to run it through srloader, replacing the gbarunner2 file that comes included with it in the _nds folder.

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
whats the diffrece between what this is doing and what agbfirm is doing

It would be better to understand how agb firmware works os we can have cheats the gba vc games have much better compatibility then this.

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
whats the diffrece between what this is doing and what agbfirm is doing
Agb firm is actual gba hardware with 3ds memory mapped as gba cartridge. This runs in ds mode and uses memory protection to catch accesses to things which don't exist or are different on ds to handle them right.

Edit: also as so cheats and rts would not be possible on 3ds agbfirm. Because it's all just hardware.

Last edited by Gericom,

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Gee, how about you go learn about reverse engineering AGB FIRM instead of complaining about people's hard work?
There is also not much to reverse. AGB FIRM just handles showing the video outputted from gba on screen and that's iy basically

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i do wonder though if we could run gbamode on the dsi but redirect the game to the sd card.
That's impossible. There is no way to redirect the gba bus without extra hardware. This is why gbarunner2 has to exist in the first place. Also, I'm not sure if a dsi actually still contains gba hardware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 9:02 am here