Homebrew GBARunner2

D

Deleted User

It´s working now after sram patching both games. Didn´t think sram patching would be required. It´s making sense now to me.

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Dodain47 I committed the fix for the golden sun overworld to master. I also committed a new branch with an experimental linked list lru cache. I would like to know if it's better or worse speed wise.

D

Deleted User

I tested these Games with the latest master commit d3eea19 (2007/05/20) and the new experimental branch linked_list_Iru_cache commit 44789c7 (2007/05/20). I cleaned both builds before building.
Castlevania Circle of the Moon, Doom, Doom 2, Donkey Kong Country, Donkey Kong Country 2, Donkey Kong Country 3, Dragonball Advance Adventure, Iridion, Iridion 2, Kirby Amazing Mirror, Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland, Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga , Megaman Zero 2, Metroid Fusion, Riviera the Promised Land Super Mario Bros 3 - Super Mario Advance 4, Yggdra Union

Dragonball Advance Adventure, Kirby Amazing mirror and Megaman Zero 2 run a bit smoother with the linked_list_iru_cache branch.
Donkey Kong Country has a bit more Slowdown and glitches in the first Water Level with the linked_list_iru_cache branch.

So far the new branch looks to be an improvement. I´m going to test some more games to see if can find more differences. I have posted the latest master and the experimental branch below.

Attachments

• gbarunner2.zip
    26.4 KB · Views: 137
  • GBARunner2-linked_list_lru_cache.zip
    26.4 KB · Views: 194
D

Deleted User

These are the second batch of Games i have tested:
Advance Guardian Heroes, Crash of the Titans, Gunstar Future Heroes, Maya the Bee - The Great Adventure, Megaman Zero 1-4, Tony Hawk´s Pro Skater 1-4, Ultimate Spider Man.

I used the updated Version of the linked_list_Iru_cache. I compared it with the previous Version and the latest Master.
The Glitches in the Water level of Donkey Kong Country are now fixed. During Slowdowns, the Audio hardly as any Noise and stuttering in the DKC and Megaman Zero Games.

@Gericom, should I wait with the testing until you merged the linked_list_Iru_cache into the Master?

Attachments

• GBARunner2-linked_list_lru_cache.zip
    26.4 KB · Views: 196

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
These are the second batch of Games i have tested:
Advance Guardian Heroes, Crash of the Titans, Gunstar Future Heroes, Maya the Bee - The Great Adventure, Megaman Zero 1-4, Tony Hawk´s Pro Skater 1-4, Ultimate Spider Man.

I used the updated Version of the linked_list_Iru_cache. I compared it with the previous Version and the latest Master.
The Glitches in the Water level of Donkey Kong Country are now fixed. During Slowdowns, the Audio hardly as any Noise and stuttering in the DKC and Megaman Zero Games.

@Gericom, should I wait with the testing until you merged the linked_list_Iru_cache into the Master?
So you think the lru cache is an improvement and can be merged into master?

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can you add dsi extended Vram support for that branch? Or is that already implemented?
GBARunner2 does not use any dsi features atm. It has no dsi header either.
DSi does not have additional VRAM. It has extra WRAM. I'm not sure how/why it would be used here.
He was probably referring to the 32bit vram bus mode.

D

Deleted User

Another update to the master branch. Gericom rewrote parts of the sd read in assembly.

Attachments

• gbarunner2.zip
    26.3 KB · Views: 561
D

Deleted User

So the arm7 dldi branch is the one that is playable with the TWLoader on the 3ds?

D

Deleted User

Okay, then i will start testing the latest master. I will try the arm7 dldi branch later.

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay, then i will start testing the latest master. I will try the arm7 dldi branch later.
The arm7 dldi branch is in the master now, since I merged it into there. And you don't really need to test arm7 stuff as it's most likely slower than arm9 anyway. It would be nice if you could put an arm7 build up for people that need it though. Please clean before building when uncommenting the #define, just to be sure.

D

Deleted User

Here´s the arm7 dldi branch build. Have fun testing.

Update: I deleted the build.

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: