Homebrew gbaemu4ds: GBA emulator for DS(i) (DSi Entry)

Is the graphic better if you use the sc Version and the upper screen on a 3DS

• I can't do that (have no 3DS) (have not tested that)

Votes: 110 40.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 48 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 26 9.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 89 32.6%

• Total voters

Dubstep16

Trophies
XP
Country
Which version of the emulator are you choosing in the HBMenu mod?

options are:
normal
savetypeauto
60/1
autovsync
normal
normal
newirq/HblancDMA/forceHblanc/HblancDMAdound

running alpha 1 fix 1. tried various other settings but these are the main ones ive tried.

PS: If i try to load a save made from VBA it just deletes the save file.

That's because you are selecting save type auto, the correct option is the last one.

could this work on light platinum??

T-Tudor

Trophies
XP
Country
Moldova
Compatibility List updated with alpha1 fix1.

Some games work better, some have GFX issues.
Added a few games that have better sound to Sound List.
Games that have best Sound&GFX&Speed are Pinky and Brain: Masterplan and Spongebob' Atlantis SquarePantis.

ATENITION
If you use a NON-sound version, and if you can turn off Sound(music/sfx/voice) from game's option menu, then do it, because it may give you more speed(ex: Action Man: Robot Attack, Zooo, and many other games).

//Using a sound version, rarely it may cause the game to lag. Game may be laggy but sound may not lag(Zelda Minish Cap,...); or sound may lag with the game. Game may lag using a sound version and it will lag the same with non-sound version. Some games have more compatibility with sound version, and may not to be with a non-sound version.

Enjoy. Hope it helps.

BTW: @ichichfly please fix load GBA from A+B+Up.

raystriker

The powers that be
Trophies
XP
Country
India

Games that have best Sound&GFX&Speed are Pinky and Brain: Masterplan and Spongebob' Atlantis SquarePantis.

ATENITION
If you use a NON-sound version, and if you can turn off Sound(music/sfx/voice) from game's option menu, then do it, because it may give you more speed(ex: Action Man: Robot Attack, Zooo, and many other games).

//Using a sound version, rarely it may cause the game to lag. Game may be laggy but sound may not lag(Zelda Minish Cap,...); or sound may lag with the game. Game may lag using a sound version and it will lag the same with non-sound version. Some games have more compatibility with sound version, and may not to be with a non-sound version.

Enjoy. Hope it helps.

It seems that you didn't see the Dedicated sound version list

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

ATENITION

Enjoy. Hope it helps.

thanks

@BTW I will try to do that but well it dose not really work.

could this work on light platinum??
If the error really is an unsupported opcode, then you have to wait for the emulator author to release an updated version that supports it.

This involves WAITING PATIENTLY.

As Rydian already sad it is most likely not relay a unsupported opcode it is just a bug that makes the game jump to an unknown opcode.

ok fine then. i was just saying because i used sourceforge.net and i thought it was good. oh btw ichfly are you going to add gameshark functionality soon?

There is a way to generate pat files with cheats included.

i wanna play some pokemon gba hacks. But i doesent seems possible atm??

If they use high executable patches it won't work unless you declarat them.

Well, I supose the poll was set up in order to know what type of games we want to get fixed... but man, it was the hardest poll I ever answered D:

Well, i think ichfly wanted to ask which game runs the best, and may have entered megaman bn 4 instead of megaman zero 4

It is just a list of the most buyed games for the gba and I want to know which you think is the best as I want to by some now gba games

@ichfly
You don't even download roms you already own?

I don't even download roms I already own.

I dump them

So, ichfly, when's the next update/ rev. coming out?(No pressure!)
Could somebody please tell me why megaman bn 4 is on the poll?
None of the games of the battle network series work! (tested U & E)
the emu always says unknown op!

Don't know it will need some time. I don't have much free time and some other Projects

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
That's because you are selecting save type auto, the correct option is the last one.
I can assure you that my issue is unrelated. The options i've listen are the main options i've used to test games.
For LG i've tried all the save options and sound/gfx options and left the others as normal and nothing.

On a secondary note;
@[member='ichichfly'], have you tested this with and/or does this work with sudokuhax. I've tested a few games and always get a RED Guru Meditation Error

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I can assure you that my issue is unrelated. The options i've listen are the main options i've used to test games.
For LG i've tried all the save options and sound/gfx options and left the others as normal and nothing.

On a secondary note;
@[member='ichichfly'], have you tested this with and/or does this work with sudokuhax. I've tested a few games and always get a RED Guru Meditation Error

It needs a slot-1 card to work SD reading will not work most likely never.

GuyLuigi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Possible stupid question:

Now that you have shown to emulate the impossible in the DS ... Do you think you can do other consoles emulators with similar / less power than the GBA? Like Sega CD or 32X....

Kaoid

Kai
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
....How 'bout PS1 or Sega Saturn?
The DS is about as powerful as the N64 and you expect it to emulate the PS1?

Just saying.

well the ds isnt going to be able to emulate anything above a n64 (if its even possible) its just not powerful enough. sega cd is a possibility as discussed on a another forum i was on although it would be hard. as for sega 32x probaly not. the ds just isnt poweful enough. be glad you have a gba emulator. its one of the most powerful consoles being emulate here possible on the ds

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning