Homebrew gbaemu4ds: GBA emulator for DS(i) (DSi Entry)

Is the graphic better if you use the sc Version and the upper screen on a 3DS

• I can't do that (have no 3DS) (have not tested that)

Votes: 110 40.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 48 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 26 9.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 89 32.6%

• Total voters

jerbear64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyome tell me how to run pokemon fire red / leaf green on r4ittds (purple one), i mean which version and what irq

1. Pokemon firered/ leafgreen (E)
2. Version 40
3. advanced irq version
4. on the save type screen, select 128k flash
5. enjoy. to save, save in game then press a+b+l+r and click save save (twice just to make sure).
Thanks, but I can only find (U) and (J)

You don't need the (E) version.
I got saving working in the (U) version following this.

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay, bug reporting time. :blink:
On the homebrew Super Mario: The Last GBA Quest, everything looks normal until you start a level, upon which the game is playable, but the screen is filled with garbage data, making playing the game a bit frustrating.
Tested with:
HyperSpeedup (Every variation has the same result)
V.40
Works perfectly with HWSpeedup

Another bug:
Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga will not start with HyperSpeedup v40.
This bugs are known.

Hey ichichfly, not trying to pressure you into getting it done faster but how close do you think you are to releasing the next update? I have a few more games to test and add to the compatibility list but if you are close to releasing the next update I will wait so that I can test with the latest revision.

Anyway, hopefully you will respond. :yay:
I don't think I will release a new Version in the next 2 Weeks as I don't think I have time

aww i found out the german debug version ONLY boots with 128k flash save type. but the problem is that it wont save (even clicking save save on the ab lr menu) as it says the internal battery has run dry and then it says save file has been deleted.... or sometimes it does save but then goes to this weird screen saying the backup memory is damaged and then reboots with still no save file. could you please fix that ichfly. Oh could you fix firered a bit more? it appears to not boot after apply ips patches to it (it boots with the shiny gold patch but then freezes however any other boot to a white screen. only the unpatched rom works)
I have not expeced that a debug Version work (why is it working). I don't have the debug Version so I can't fix that.
Are you using my patcher or an other what is the max pc of the patches ?

ADD: Wacken

jerbear64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont know why but allways okas and reds sprite get fd up and after the name enter it goes black!

We're not getting enough info.
As for Red, Oak, and Green, their intro sprites do that, the bug is known.

For your black screen problem:
Which variation of the emulator are you using?
Which version of the emulator are you using?

As for me, it works with Hyperspeedup AdvIRQ v40 without the black screen at the intro.

If it still won't work, here's a fix:
Play the game in a GBA emulator on your PC, and save after the intro. Rename the .sav file the emulator spits out to *romname*.GBA.sav.
That should work, as long as the save type your emulator used was 128k.

Kaoid

Kai
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
aww i found out the german debug version ONLY boots with 128k flash save type. but the problem is that it wont save (even clicking save save on the ab lr menu) as it says the internal battery has run dry and then it says save file has been deleted.... or sometimes it does save but then goes to this weird screen saying the backup memory is damaged and then reboots with still no save file. could you please fix that ichfly. Oh could you fix firered a bit more? it appears to not boot after apply ips patches to it (it boots with the shiny gold patch but then freezes however any other boot to a white screen. only the unpatched rom works)
I have not expeced that a debug Version work (why is it working). I don't have the debug Version so I can't fix that.
Are you using my patcher or an other what is the max pc of the patches ?

ADD: Wacken

they are rom hack patches (.ips) from whackahack.com and I use lunar ips to patch them. it should have worked fine since i have pokemon ruby destiny and naranja (i patched a (e) rom) and they work fine on gbaemu4ds. I did patch a (e) pokemon firered rom. am i meant to patch a (u) rom?

Kaoid

Kai
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
its ok the ruby debug version appears to save now however, to save, you need to save in game, press save save, then continue then save in game again then press save save. it appears to lose the save data if you only save once so do it twice. if anyone else cant save, try looking around the debug menu

LuxXx25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Dont know why but allways okas and reds sprite get fd up and after the name enter it goes black!

As for me, it works with Hyperspeedup AdvIRQ v40 without the black screen at the intro.

Play the game in a GBA emulator on your PC, and save after the intro. Rename the .sav file the emulator spits out to *romname*.GBA.sav.

Still wont work

jerbear64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Still wont work

Did you completely play through the intro in VisualBoy Advance or another emulator for a computer and save at Red's house or after you got your starter Pokemon or something?

IF YOU DID: (Critical Step!!!!!!
2_28_24_0_0_0_0_0_0.gif
)
Once you start GBAemu, select that *romname*.GBA.sav file first, press "USE AS SAVE", and then select your ROM. That way, it will use your save file in-game.
And to save in game, select 128K as the save type. Save through the START menu, press L+R+A+B, and on the bottom screen, press "save save". The emulator will briefly freeze while saving. I would recommend pressing it twice or thrice. After that, press "Continue", and continue searching for that rare Pikachu in the Viridian Forest.
3_27_46_0_0_0_0_0_0.gif

Pokemon Leaf Green and hacks of FR/LG should work the same way.
I've never encountered the black screen. Strange.

MAKE SURE YOU'RE USING HYPERSPEEDUP V.40 ADVIRQ.

HAVE FUN.

jerbear64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also is there a way do make the screen smaller/larger since Im on a 3ds and it looks really weird

not exactly but you can use the origianl resolution button combination (start+select?) while booting your flashcart in your 3ds

Yeah I also sort of got this problem, too. But it's not on a 3DS. It's extended by around 8-15 pixels starting at the bottom right corner.

That seems to be the emulator. It emulates the ROM without making a border. Therefore, the rest of the ROM can be shown on the DS screen. It looks good in Pokemon overworlds (except on the right of the screen), but can get annoying in other games.

Kaoid

Kai
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ive also noticed the frameskip option only seems to affect sprites. ie in pokemon i put 60/11 frameskipt (default) the sprites are affected by the frameskip but everything else still runs at 60fps.

jerbear64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive also noticed the frameskip option only seems to affect sprites. ie in pokemon i put 60/11 frameskipt (default) the sprites are affected by the frameskip but everything else still runs at 60fps.

Got that too. It also affects EXP. and HP bars in Pokemon (tested with Fire Red). It makes things look like Red or whoever is skating in the middle of a forest. :D

Kaoid

Kai
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Got that too. It also affects EXP. and HP bars in Pokemon (tested with Fire Red). It makes things look like Red or whoever is skating in the middle of a forest. :D

yeah thats why i always have it on 60/1 fps instead. everthing works properly (hp bars bars etc move smoothy)

jerbear64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

yeah thats why i always have it on 60/1 fps instead. everthing works properly (hp bars bars etc move smoothy)

Same here, but when showing my friends I put the frameskip to 60/11 for the hilarity of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!