Homebrew gbaemu4ds: GBA emulator for DS(i) (DSi Entry)

Is the graphic better if you use the sc Version and the upper screen on a 3DS

• I can't do that (have no 3DS) (have not tested that)

Votes: 110 40.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 48 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 26 9.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 89 32.6%

• Total voters

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
While having a GBA emulator without anything but a slot-1 IS progress, I don't think it is at the stage where something is better than nothing applies (when taken from the gamer's perspective). As I have once posted here, doing a task that usually takes a minute which takes 15 minutes in the emulator REALLY isn't worth it for anything but testing.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm not sure if someone already asked this, but there are too many replys in this post and I can't read them all, so...
Did someone manage to run GBA emu from the sudokuhax? I tried myself, but when I have to choose between Nitro: , Fat: and SD: . it freezes.
Also, I tested it from a regular flash cart in DS mode, and I noticed that the rom must be in the root of the sd cart. It woulb be nice if it was possible to navigate through the sd directory, and acess pastes.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
RodrigoDavy said:
I'm not sure if someone already asked this, but there are too many replys in this post and I can't read them all, so...
Did someone manage to run GBA emu from the sudokuhax? I tried myself, but when I have to choose between Nitro: , Fat: and SD: . it freezes.
Also, I tested it from a regular flash cart in DS mode, and I noticed that the rom must be in the root of the sd cart. It woulb be nice if it was possible to navigate through the sd directory, and acess pastes.
Depending on the version, it may or may not be run from Sudokuhax and it might not have a GUI.

Patrick1704

Trophies
Website
dsprojekts.tk
XP
Country
Australia
cann anyone help me?
when i start the gba emu and load for exampel puzzle.gba there come:
the credit from ichfly and malloc 14155776 multi: 524288 (on the touch screen, the top scren are white)

And when i press start:
Failed to allocate memory for ROMCPULoadRom failed.

Please help me

DC2000

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Play gba games on nintendo ds sounds very nice.
but what must i configurate to play as example the game PONG.gba? I have a Nintendo DSi.
I´ve tried various times but there is ever the same error: "Failed to allocate memory for ROMCPULoadRom failed"
Ive tried with various memory configurations. The only thing that works is Puzzle.gba and thats very easy and boring game, solved in 15 secounds and ever the same puzzle.
mellow.gif

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Use the dpad up and down to set the malloc value and press start.
If you run in DSi mode with the iEvolution flashcart or the sudokuhax you will be able to allocate 14MB on a DSi.
In ds mode it's 2MB maybe a little more.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Here guys, read this.

If this program is run from a standard flashcart, even on a DSi, it can only play games up to 2MB in size.

In order to play games up to 14MB in size, you MUST run this through Sudokuhax or the Cyclo DS iEVO.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Fishaman P said:
Here guys, read this.

If this program is run from a standard flashcart, even on a DSi, it can only play games up to 2MB in size.

In order to play games up to 14MB in size, you MUST run this through Sudokuhax or the Cyclo DS iEVO.
Uh...obvious much? Sudokuhax and the iEVO are the only ones that can use DSi mode at the moment...

Patrick1704

Trophies
Website
dsprojekts.tk
XP
Country
Australia
can anyone help me:

when i will load the r5 fix 4 it doesn't work.
but when i load it with the homebrew menu it work.

but i will play it with dsilink.
but there i can not start it with homebrew menü.

Please help me!

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
update: someone asked me about the current process so here ist the link to the github https://github.com/ichfly/gbaemu4DS the difference between the github Versions is that the github is untested and contain test code that may crash a real game as soon as ther is an new stabil version of the gbaemu i will update them here

ADD: hyperspeedup is currently not running on real DS(i) devices.

Patrick1704 said:
can anyone help me:

Please help me!

Dose the card support nitrofs?

QUOTE(Patrick1704 @ May 2 2011, 08:23 PM) is it able to make the playable gamesize bigger?
anyway?

yes but this will slow down and it is not easy to do that.

Patrick1704

Trophies
Website
dsprojekts.tk
XP
Country
Australia
ichichfly said:
update: someone asked me about the current process so here ist the link to the github https://github.com/ichfly/gbaemu4DS the difference between the github Versions is that the github is untested and contain test code that may crash a real game as soon as ther is an new stabil version of the gbaemu i will update them here

ADD: hyperspeedup is currently not running on real DS(i) devices.

Patrick1704 said:
can anyone help me:

Please help me!

Dose the card support nitrofs?

It is a Exploit using My Cooking Coach (Game)

And i have found out that nitrofs don't work
frown.gif

Is it able to build in a gba game into the emulator without use nitrofs?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, Lmao +1