Gaming GBA with ags 101 screen is now broken. Please Help!

FishFeet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A while back I bought a GBA with an ags 101 screen in it. It worked fine until I replaced the buttons. I think while my friend was trying to undo the ribbon cable He pulled it too hard and possibly broke it. I bought a new adapter for the 40 pin model, which my gba is, and the screen turns on, but it is split in half. What I mean by this is One side looks like it has the correct colors, and the other looks darker and the colors are off. I noticed the point on the replacement ribbon cable does not have the wire on p1. Idk if this is the problem, but I also know there are multiple types of screens that have different solder points and ribbon cables. Idk what the problems are, and what is working. Please help so I don't have to waste this GBA.

Edit: I also noticed now that there are shadows that appear across the screen. The lines are darker and are horizontal across the screen.

Last edited by FishFeet,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Switching my home routing/firewall solution from pfsense to OPNsense. Boy how I hate networking...