GBA serial port on NDS?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by nitro2k01, Jan 10, 2008.

Jan 10, 2008

GBA serial port on NDS? by nitro2k01 at 1:25 AM (1,325 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. nitro2k01
    OP

Newcomer nitro2k01 Member

Sweden
    Martin korth describes that he found the SI lead for the GBA serial port on the NDS mainboard. Does anyone know if the other pins have been found? (SO, SC, SD)

I have my reasons for wanting a GBA link port on my NDS. [​IMG]

2. arctic_flame

Member arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

United Kingdom
    If they had been found, they would be on gbatek. The pins may not exist at all externally.

3. Crozone

Newcomer Crozone Member

Australia
    GBATek says that the Pins ARE found internally, and are PROBABLY external pins. The only problem is that the DS has a Massive amount of pins, on both sides of the Main Board. Ever tried probing every single one with a multi-meter? In fact, its not just trying every one, its trying every pair, because you need two pins. And some of those pins are bloody tiny! I mean, most of the pins Wont be GBA, because their something totally unrelated (like the ARM9), but it's still going to take ages to find them.

4. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    The BIOS code likely still contains the needed software to interface a link port, but whether it's physically possible or feasible to connect one is another story.

5. agentgamma

Member agentgamma I dont know what to put here

Antarctica
    I think that the GBA section of the BIOS is a direct copy of the GBA BIOS.
    I remember that pressing start on the GBA when it boots up activated something to do with the link cables.
    That code WAS left in the DS GBA mode [​IMG]

6. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    There is a single byte that is different if I remember correctly. Otherwise it's exactly the same. This lets a GBA app detect if it's being run on a DS or not (look at Goomba Color as an example).