Hacking GBA serial port on NDS?

nitro2k01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Martin korth describes that he found the SI lead for the GBA serial port on the NDS mainboard. Does anyone know if the other pins have been found? (SO, SC, SD)

I have my reasons for wanting a GBA link port on my NDS.
wink.gif

Crozone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
GBATek says that the Pins ARE found internally, and are PROBABLY external pins. The only problem is that the DS has a Massive amount of pins, on both sides of the Main Board. Ever tried probing every single one with a multi-meter? In fact, its not just trying every one, its trying every pair, because you need two pins. And some of those pins are bloody tiny! I mean, most of the pins Wont be GBA, because their something totally unrelated (like the ARM9), but it's still going to take ages to find them.

agentgamma

I dont know what to put here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Haruhi said:
The BIOS code likely still contains the needed software to interface a link port, but whether it's physically possible or feasible to connect one is another story.
I think that the GBA section of the BIOS is a direct copy of the GBA BIOS.
I remember that pressing start on the GBA when it boots up activated something to do with the link cables.
That code WAS left in the DS GBA mode
wink.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
agentgamma said:
Haruhi said:
The BIOS code likely still contains the needed software to interface a link port, but whether it's physically possible or feasible to connect one is another story.
I think that the GBA section of the BIOS is a direct copy of the GBA BIOS.
I remember that pressing start on the GBA when it boots up activated something to do with the link cables.
That code WAS left in the DS GBA mode
wink.gif

There is a single byte that is different if I remember correctly. Otherwise it's exactly the same. This lets a GBA app detect if it's being run on a DS or not (look at Goomba Color as an example).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended