Emulation GBA saving on supercards

CarinioBrutal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hello everyone I'm quite new here. i have a dillema on my hand. I just bought a supercard which allows you to play GBA roms and NDS roms The problem is it dosen't save for the gba games using the nromal save feature. Is there a way to use the normal save feature of the game to save gameplay data other than using the real time save on the Super card? Pls. anyone who has a good soul out there hope you can reply who can share their ideas. I will forever be grateful.
rofl2.gif

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Q: How to backup save?
A: NDS game backup and load save auto. GBA game load save auto, but need to backup save into CF/SD by press Hot Key "L+R+A+SELECT" when playing the game.

Q: How to use Real Time Save?
A: Press Hot Key "L+R+B+SELECT" can enter Real Time Save.

CarinioBrutal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
oh wow! tnx a lot MC DUI!
cool.gif

but i want to clear up on something:

"A: NDS game backup and load save auto. GBA game load save auto, but need to backup save into CF/SD by press Hot Key "L+R+A+SELECT" when playing the game"

Yeah saving on NDS games is automatic but on GBA games you have to press the hot key L+R+A+Select first then it will make a .sav file then after that you can save your gameplay on the gba using the normal save feature in the game (e.g. Megaman battle network 2)

do you mean after that process it will now allow you to save your game on the mini SD? Then you can load it also using the in game load feature?
unsure.gif

Yeah i have tried the real time save but i'm not really a fan of it.
gba.gif

Thanks again man! Hope you can reply
grog.gif

cloud19573

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
for the GBA, after you save in the game, press L+R+A+Select to backup your saves so that your supercard will keep your saves...just load your saves in the game as per normal when you want to play it next time, anyone correct me if i am wrong...

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as the game was patched with "Enable Save" and "Restart", you should be able to save your game normally in the game, then hit LT+RT+SEL+A to save the save data to the flashcard. Make sure you copy over the game.sav file along with the patched game.gba file for this to work.

Once you do that, the saved game should be loadable normally in-game.

If you enable "Real Time Save" (along with the "Restart" option enabled also), then you can use LT+RT+SEL+B to save your game at ANY time during the game. To load this save back up when you play the game again, use LT+RT+SEL+B again, but select "Load" instead of "Save" from the menu.

Note that not all GBA games will work with "Restart" enabled. This is something you will have to figure out on a game-by-game basis as to whether you can use "Restart" with it or not.

Also, not all games use the same save method and therefore may not save using the LT+RT+SEL+A method. This happens. In this case you must either use LT+RT+SEL+B (Real Time Save) or QPC (Quick Power Cycle) saving.

If the game requires that you NOT use "Restart", then QPC saving is your only hope.

Hope this helps ya!
smile.gif

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
QPC (quick power cycle): Use the save option (or wait for autosave) in the GBA game, turn your DS/GBA off, imediatly, turn it on again.
To supercards with firmware 1.7, enter the DS in GBA Mode (boot the supercard as a GBA cartridge into DS setup menu), tap "right" in the d-pad to enter in the Saver tab, select the .sav that you will use to save the game, press A and A again to confirm. To version 1.63 and below, you will need only to enter the SuperCard menu.

The best way to reduce slowdowns in GBA games at SuperCard is to patch the rom with only the "enable save" option on.

Mrmilton515

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem with my supercard mini sd, I’m able to save my game and go back to that game and play my save, but if I choose a different game and go back to the previous game I was playing it deletes my data, I’m getting Really annoyed about having to restart my game over and over every time i want to play a different game, here’s a picture of what kind of super card I’m using
View attachment 137518

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P