GBA saving on supercards

Discussion in 'GBA - Emulation' started by napalamman, Feb 15, 2007.

Feb 15, 2007

GBA saving on supercards by napalamman at 3:29 AM (6,191 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. napalamman
    OP

Newcomer napalamman Member

Philippines
    Hello everyone I'm quite new here. i have a dillema on my hand. I just bought a supercard which allows you to play GBA roms and NDS roms The problem is it dosen't save for the gba games using the nromal save feature. Is there a way to use the normal save feature of the game to save gameplay data other than using the real time save on the Super card? Pls. anyone who has a good soul out there hope you can reply who can share their ideas. I will forever be grateful. [​IMG]

2. MC DUI

Member MC DUI GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    Q: How to backup save?
    A: NDS game backup and load save auto. GBA game load save auto, but need to backup save into CF/SD by press Hot Key "L+R+A+SELECT" when playing the game.

Q: How to use Real Time Save?
    A: Press Hot Key "L+R+B+SELECT" can enter Real Time Save.

3. napalamman
    OP

Philippines
    oh wow! tnx a lot MC DUI! [​IMG]

but i want to clear up on something:

"A: NDS game backup and load save auto. GBA game load save auto, but need to backup save into CF/SD by press Hot Key "L+R+A+SELECT" when playing the game"

Yeah saving on NDS games is automatic but on GBA games you have to press the hot key L+R+A+Select first then it will make a .sav file then after that you can save your gameplay on the gba using the normal save feature in the game (e.g. Megaman battle network 2)

do you mean after that process it will now allow you to save your game on the mini SD? Then you can load it also using the in game load feature? [​IMG]

Yeah i have tried the real time save but i'm not really a fan of it. [​IMG]

Thanks again man! Hope you can reply [​IMG]

4. cloud19573

Newcomer cloud19573 Advanced Member

for the GBA, after you save in the game, press L+R+A+Select to backup your saves so that your supercard will keep your saves...just load your saves in the game as per normal when you want to play it next time, anyone correct me if i am wrong...

5. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    As long as the game was patched with "Enable Save" and "Restart", you should be able to save your game normally in the game, then hit LT+RT+SEL+A to save the save data to the flashcard. Make sure you copy over the game.sav file along with the patched game.gba file for this to work.

Once you do that, the saved game should be loadable normally in-game.

If you enable "Real Time Save" (along with the "Restart" option enabled also), then you can use LT+RT+SEL+B to save your game at ANY time during the game. To load this save back up when you play the game again, use LT+RT+SEL+B again, but select "Load" instead of "Save" from the menu.

Note that not all GBA games will work with "Restart" enabled. This is something you will have to figure out on a game-by-game basis as to whether you can use "Restart" with it or not.

Also, not all games use the same save method and therefore may not save using the LT+RT+SEL+A method. This happens. In this case you must either use LT+RT+SEL+B (Real Time Save) or QPC (Quick Power Cycle) saving.

If the game requires that you NOT use "Restart", then QPC saving is your only hope.

Hope this helps ya! [​IMG]

6. Tomy Sakazaki

Member Tomy Sakazaki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Brazil
    QPC (quick power cycle): Use the save option (or wait for autosave) in the GBA game, turn your DS/GBA off, imediatly, turn it on again.
    To supercards with firmware 1.7, enter the DS in GBA Mode (boot the supercard as a GBA cartridge into DS setup menu), tap "right" in the d-pad to enter in the Saver tab, select the .sav that you will use to save the game, press A and A again to confirm. To version 1.63 and below, you will need only to enter the SuperCard menu.

The best way to reduce slowdowns in GBA games at SuperCard is to patch the rom with only the "enable save" option on.

7. napalamman
    OP

Philippines
    YAY! Thanks a lot for your replies I'll try it out immediately! Cheers! [​IMG]

8. napalamman
    OP

Philippines
    YO RAYDER! IT WORKED!!! BLESS YOU MAN!!! I don't know how to thank you [​IMG]