Hacking gba on a slot 2?

dingosteeda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive been trying to figure out how to play gba roms on my ds for a bit with no real help from anywhere other than saying you need a slot 2 card.

i have a nds lite with an acekard 2i (not a dsi) and everything says i need a slot 2 card to play gba on it, but i also have an older supercard lite slot 2 card that went with a flashcart i had previously. is there anyway i can use them together to play gba roms or do i have to have the same brand.

my thought right now is that it would work if i had a second mirco sd card with the gba roms in the slot 2 card along with the mirco sd card in the slot 1 acekard 2i. i may be wrong so if anyone knows if my equipment could work it would be greatly appreciated.

this is the slot 2 card i have http://eng.supercard.sc/manual/lite_jj.html

tagzard

Tagzard the Crazy Dinosaur with Wings.
Banned
Trophies
Website
tagzard.tk
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
tagzard said:
Let me dumb this down for you. ONLY THE SUPERCARD DSTWO CAN PLAY GBA GAMES!!!

and the iplayer, the ismartmm. there was another clone but i forget its name. also all of the slot2 flash kits. i'm confused by what point you are trying to make?

-another world
sorrry but when i asked i got the same message.

dingosteeda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so my stuff wont work together to play gba?

the reason i wonder mainly is cause the acekard shows that i can either go to a micro sd card for nds roms but it also has a thing for gba games, and when i click on it, it loads the nintendo screen like gba's do and then says "not find the SD please turn off GBA"

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
any slot-1 flash kit can flash gba roms to an ez flash 3in1. just buy the 3in1 and then use the native akaio flashing software or the homebrew gba exploader.

http://filetrip.net/f10382-GBA-ExpLoader-0-58b0MX.html

you can not flash gba from slot-1 to your slot2 using akaio, it is not supported.

if you have a dedicated slot-2 why does it matter? just boot into your slot2 and use it.

-another world

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can play GBA games with your Supercard lite slot2 cart on a DSlite, no problem. No slot1 cart is even necessary for it to work. That Supercard slot2 is what I like to call a "dedicated" slot2 cart, it is NOT dependent on your slot1 cart to function.

First, get a 2GB microSD for it (no bigger).

Will need the program to pre-patch the GBA games for it installed on your computer. If you need to update the slot2 cart to the latest firmware, get that file too. Go to the link below and download the program and firmware files (the cheats too, if you need those). Update the Supercard to the latest firmware, convert whatever GBA games you want to put on it through the patcher program, put them on the microSD, boot your DSlite in GBA mode and away you go.

http://eng.supercard.sc/soft_scl.htm

Any help you need with the firmware update and/or patching program should also be able to be found at that site.

Most likely, everything you need to know about doing the firmware update and GBA file patching can be found at this link:
http://eng.supercard.sc/faq/lite_faq.htm

Hope that helps you.
smile.gif

cloudskipa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just use an EZ Flash IV with Acekard 2i on my DSL. They work together really well, there's no real need to use the Slot 1 functionality as pointed out, just boot up into the Slot 2 EZPDA menu. I personally prefer to play GBA games on a DSL as the picture is top quality. The only real benefit I found from launching GBA games from Slot 1 is a nice border effect, which is dependent on what theme you are using.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
tagzard said:
Another World said:
tagzard said:
Let me dumb this down for you. ONLY THE SUPERCARD DSTWO CAN PLAY GBA GAMES!!!

and the iplayer, the ismartmm. there was another clone but i forget its name. also all of the slot2 flash kits. i'm confused by what point you are trying to make?

-another world
sorrry but when i asked i got the same message.
Slot-2 means a GBA-slot cart, not a DS-slot cart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig...