ROM Hack GBA no-tilt patches for DS users

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have collected below three .ips patches that disable the tilting function in three gba games (Yoshi Topsy Turvy, Wario Ware Twisted, Koro Koro Puzzle) that use this exclusively (I don't think there are others), replacing it with Dpad (or R/L buttons) use, with the extra addition of some optional cheats.

1614788866316.jpg

I have personally tested them on DS phat/Lite via gba flashcart and they work fine: they are therefore aimed mainly at these model users (and for gba/sp users, of course).
I don't know if and how they will work on DSi/XL via GBARunner; I wait for others to try them and report their results.
Whether and how they work on emulators is of no interest to me.

1614788889667.jpg

I must say that, even if they lose part of their charm and inventiveness compared to the original cartridges, they are still very fun and engaging to play through frantic buttons pressing, even on these consoles, and many (who did not know them) will be able to rediscover and re-evaluate these little gems.

1614788919873.jpg

As always, I apologize for my unusual and clumsy english.

Attachments

• no-tilt patches.zip
    18 KB · Views: 460

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
I have collected below three .ips patches that disable the tilting function in three gba games (Yoshi Topsy Turvy, Wario Ware Twisted, Koro Koro Puzzle) that use this exclusively (I don't think there are others), replacing it with Dpad (or R/L buttons) use, with the extra addition of some optional cheats.

View attachment 249788

I have personally tested them on DS phat/Lite via gba flashcart and they work fine: they are therefore aimed mainly at these model users (and for gba/sp users, of course).
I don't know if and how they will work on DSi/XL via GBARunner; I wait for others to try them and report their results.

View attachment 249789

I must say that, even if they lose part of their charm and inventiveness compared to the original cartridges, they are still very fun and engaging to play through frantic buttons pressing, even on these consoles, and many (who did not know them) will be able to rediscover and re-evaluate these little gems.

View attachment 249791

@Nikokaro

How i can use the patched versions of them? (i mean, what are the controls of each game for play these patched versions of these games?)

I'm really interested in play WarioWare: Twisted! and Yoshi's Topsy-Turvy in mGBA in Wii.
And even maybe in my PC :)

Nikokaro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
what are the controls of each game for play these patched versions of these games?)
This is an old thread of mine.
I tested them some time ago on real hardware (DS Lite and GBA SP). I don't think they work on emulators. As I already wrote the tilt function is simulated using the Dpad or R/L buttons, precisely I don't remember.
You just have to try them.😉

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
This is an old thread of mine.
I tested them some time ago on real hardware (DS Lite and GBA SP). I don't think they work on emulators. As I already wrote the tilt function is simulated using the Dpad or R/L buttons, precisely I don't remember.
You just have to try them.😉
Ok thanks i will try them later ;)

Reactions: Nikokaro

m_lance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

View attachment 249788

View attachment 249789

View attachment 249791

I tried the yoshi patch using my 3DSXL, with Lunar - and NSUI to get it in CIA format. I lose audio and sometimes L or R function doesnt take. :(

Nikokaro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I tried the yoshi patch using my 3DSXL, with Lunar - and NSUI to get it in CIA format. I lose audio and sometimes L or R function doesnt take. :(
These patches have been tested on real hardware (GBA, DS Phat/Lite) via GBA flashcard and work perfectly. With a GBA emulator I can't tell nothing. 🤔

Reactions: SylverReZ

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks @Nikokaro for saving these.

Just tested both and Yoshi Topsy-Turvy works okay in RetroArch-Wii mGBA core.

WarioWare Twisted! has the "accelerometer stuck" to the left position, so pressing Right moves it very little but not enough to choose a new game, so the game is literally softlocked.

I found your thread by accident after looking for a Kirby Tilt-n-Tumble patch!
Which works too!

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom

View attachment 249788

View attachment 249789

View attachment 249791

Finally some good fuckin patches. :D

Nikokaro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Finally some good fuckin patches. :D
If you hadn't already noticed, this is an old thread. But if you need them, help yourself. And watch your language: you weren't so foul-mouthed at first. Someone we know must have influenced you negatively, alas. 😉

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And watch your language: you weren't so foul-mouthed at first. Someone we know must have influenced you negatively, alas. 😉
I was expressing excitement lol. I'm trying this on my R4 card later.

ryba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Hi. Thanks. OK.
Yoshi Topsy Turvy and Wario Ware Twisted works on GBARunner2
Koro Koro Puzzle has some real audio and graphical glitches and is unplayable.

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Thanks. OK.
Yoshi Topsy Turvy and Wario Ware Twisted works on GBARunner2
Koro Koro Puzzle has some real audio and graphical glitches and is unplayable.
Had the same results. Unfortunately, emulation can be quite finicky sometimes such as mGBA and NO$GBA. I could maybe port these patches over to their Japanese counterparts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o