ROM Hack YoshiTT/WarioWare/KoroKoro no-tilt patches

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have collected below three .ips patches that disable the tilting function in three gba games that use this exclusively (I don't think there are others), replacing it with Dpad use (or R/L buttons), with the extra addition of some optional cheats.

Wario Ware Twisted
1614788866316.jpg

I have personally tested them on DS phat/Lite via gba flashcart and they work fine: they are therefore aimed mainly at these model and gba/sp users, of course.
I don't know if and how they will work on DSi/XL via GBARunner2; I wait for others to try them and report their results.
Whether and how they work on emulators is of no interest to me.

Yoshi Tupsy Torvy
1614788889667.jpg

I must say that, even if they lose part of their charm and inventiveness compared to the original cartridges, they are still very fun and engaging to play through frantic buttons pressing, even on DS consoles, and many (who did not know them) will be able to rediscover and re-evaluate these little gems.

Koro Koro Puzzle
1614788919873.jpg

Attachments

• no-tilt patches.zip
    18 KB · Views: 378

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I did play warioware back when with such things. Most of it worked but one of the bosses where you have to go back and forward with rotation was basically impossible.

BETA215

Member not found
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
How i can download and use it?
Dump your copies of those games, apply those .ips patches with a program (I use Lunar IPS) and then run them as you would with any other game - via a GBA flashcart, GBARunner2 for DS/DSi/2|3DS or OPEN_AGB_FIRM for 2|3DS.

I guess you could flash bootleg cartridges with those patched games just to make it a more appealing experience, but it's more complex and I haven't done it.

Yoshifan92

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have collected below three .ips patches that disable the tilting function in three gba games that use this exclusively (I don't think there are others), replacing it with Dpad use (or R/L buttons), with the extra addition of some optional cheats.

Wario Ware TwistedView attachment 249884

I have personally tested them on DS phat/Lite via gba flashcart and they work fine: they are therefore aimed mainly at these model and gba/sp users, of course.
I don't know if and how they will work on DSi/XL via GBARunner2; I wait for others to try them and report their results.
Whether and how they work on emulators is of no interest to me.

Yoshi Tupsy TorvyView attachment 249885

I must say that, even if they lose part of their charm and inventiveness compared to the original cartridges, they are still very fun and engaging to play through frantic buttons pressing, even on DS consoles, and many (who did not know them) will be able to rediscover and re-evaluate these little gems.

Koro Koro PuzzleView attachment 249886
Thank you very much, this made me enjoy the yoshi topsy turvy more.

Reactions: Nikokaro

Scribblers

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just finished playing through WarioWare: Twisted on an Everdrive using the patch. Out of 223 microgames, 17 weren't able to be cleared, 8 of which need a faster back-and-forth shaking motion than the patch can provide (listed below), as well as all 9 of Fronk's microgames which caused the game to crash outright when played from the Spindex.
FVvXppPXwAMYeGP.jpg

Playable but unclearable games by category:
Wario-Man (Spandex Challenge):
  • Hot Rod
  • Wario Weigh-In
Jimmy (Big Tipper):
  • Alternative Medicine
WarioWatch (Speed Spin):
  • Kit-Tease
  • Micro Golf
  • Pumping Iron
  • Cheeky Monkey
  • Boing! (Boss)

Nikokaro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Nikokaro Sorry to bump a dead thread. I got a legit ROM of WarioWare Twisted and patched the ROM correctly. As soon as I got through later into Jimmy's minigames, the graphics started to glitch out but it didn't affect the gameplay. Any ideas what's going on here?

View attachment 387481
What GBA flashcard are you using?

Reactions: SylverReZ

Nikokaro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm using a DSi so it doesn't have a slot-2 port. TWiLight Menu++ with latest GBARunner2 DSi ARM7.
As I specified in previous posts, I tested them only on a GBA flashcard (Supercard micro SD with DS Lite and GBA SP) and they work fine there. Anything else I don't know, sorry.

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

GBATemp's Tech Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As I specified in previous posts, I tested them only on a GBA flashcard (Supercard micro SD with DS Lite and GBA SP) and they work fine there. Anything else I don't know, sorry.
I've started to also notice that sometimes (but rarely) that other voice clips from characters like Mona will randomly play.

• Sad
Reactions: Nikokaro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...