Gay prom king and queen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Before anyone can talk about the Bible, please don't misunderstand the concepts inside the verses! About this article, it only shows that the influence of Gays/Lesbians are more blend within Today's world because of the fact that it can. Be warned that because of this, a lot of other stuff we find disagreeable with like fetishes or BDSM is going to be a huge influence like the homosexuality.

All I can say from this article is 'Whose' going to be the next Miss/Mister New York?'

D

Deleted User

Canonbeat234 said:
Before anyone can talk about the Bible, please don't misunderstand the concepts inside the verses! About this article, it only shows that the influence of Gays/Lesbians are more blend within Today's world because of the fact that it can. Be warned that because of this, a lot of other stuff we find disagreeable with like fetishes or BDSM is going to be a huge influence like the homosexuality.

All I can say from this article is 'Whose' going to be the next Miss/Mister New York?'
You are!
yaywii.gif

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if something like that happened down here in the "Dirty South"? Albeit we do have pride weekends, Atlanta (the gay black community) and Miami (the gay hispanic community), but even so its not like they would show something like that in the news, let alone in a good light.

Good example: source BBC News reported that the Malawi gay couple that wanted to get married, only to have it interrupted by police and arrested, then released and forced to separate and have "hetero" relationships between each other and with women.

That whole thing made me so Effing mad. The fact that the government had the balls to break up two people in love.

Janelle Monae was right, our future looks bleak if we dont make a change now. I'll put the phrase in my sig.

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Canonbeat234 said:

Can you demonstrate how the concepts in the verses was misunderstood?

What do you mean we find disagreeable? Why do you even care if people get off on sadomasochism or fetishes? Does it affect you in any way what people do in private?

murkurie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the person who asked about slavery in the bible.

Back then slavery was not like the type here in American. Slavery in the Bible was usually someone becoming a bond servant. there own choice. A example would be a doctor being a slave to wealthy family. he would treat them, in return for a home and food. Most of this confusion on terminology of this type of stuff is from that fact the Bible went from Hebrew to Greek then English. Which is horrible for translation you lose a lot of meaning and idioms in the process. During Biblical days the type of slavery your thinking of owning a man, would result in the death of the owner. That's according to Roman laws. I believe the Bible does mention the matter but I do not know where.

On topic,

I knew eventually this would happen. I have never been to prom, so not really sure what it's all about. (3 years private school, 1 year home school) the school I went to was more of a popularity contest, lets see who's parents will spend the most on us. I know the local high schools around me have pride clubs, but I'm in to much of a Conservative area for this to ever happen here for a few more years.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
once again, the prom-pr0n mixup misleaded me here.

oh well, thats nice for them.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
murkurie said:
Back then slavery was not like the type here in American. Slavery in the Bible was usually someone becoming a bond servant. there own choice. A example would be a doctor being a slave to wealthy family. he would treat them, in return for a home and food. Most of this confusion on terminology of this type of stuff is from that fact the Bible went from Hebrew to Greek then English. Which is horrible for translation you lose a lot of meaning and idioms in the process. During Biblical days the type of slavery your thinking of owning a man, would result in the death of the owner. That's according to Roman laws. I believe the Bible does mention the matter but I do not know where.

On topic,

I knew eventually this would happen. I have never been to prom, so not really sure what it's all about. (3 years private school, 1 year home school) the school I went to was more of a popularity contest, lets see who's parents will spend the most on us. I know the local high schools around me have pride clubs, but I'm in to much of a Conservative area for this to ever happen here for a few more years.

on the first part, i agree
i occasionally attended a class/discussion group that my father led breaking down the imagery of the book of Mark (which he blogged) pericope by pericope, verse by verse. that's one very short book and it took over half a year for a weekly 1-1/2 to 2 hr class to explore. we had many different translations available including one translated from Aramaic. I wasn't able to attend every class but it was an awesome experience.
this comment is in a spoiler because i know it's a response to something that's diverged from the topic >< perhaps one of us could start a topic in the Off-Topic forum to continue? i can do it if anyone else thinks this is interesting stuff

second, I was 14 when i went to a prom. it was a very small charter school and in order for the event to seem real (and have more than 25 people attend) it was allowed for freshman and sophomores to attend without an invitation from a junior/senior. i was actually nominated for queen, and the only nominee for queen from evening classes, but i didn't win because no one in the more-populated day classes knew who i was. it was an interesting experience and i'm glad i got to go, that was back in 1998. i was just thinking about the one memorable thing about that event was dancing to Whoop There It Is with my odd group of friends and knowing most of the lyrics which was really out of character because i was wearing black vinyl, goth style minidress.
anyways i'll stop gushing memories and get to the point.
back in 1998 we didn't have Teen Cribs and My Super Sweet 16 or any such crap, and the students with cars owned them because they had JOBS.
i'm going to continue this rant in a blog or something as it isn't really about the prom or the acceptance of gays in american social constructs anymore

Crimsonclaw111

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's good to see that gays are slowly being treated as equals... now if only the ideology would spread elsewhere in this backwards world, maybe we'd all be better people.
But I digress.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
SylvWolf said:
Good for them. But I think the real victory will be when this kinda stuff doesn't make the news.
exactly, it's counter-productive making this news

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
mercluke said:
SylvWolf said:
Good for them. But I think the real victory will be when this kinda stuff doesn't make the news.

I don't see how it's counter productive. It's letting everyone know that this stuff is acceptable. I don't see any conter-productivity. It shows we're slowly becoming more equal.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
30084pm said:
mercluke said:
SylvWolf said:

I don't see how it's counter productive. It's letting everyone know that this stuff is acceptable. I don't see any conter-productivity. It shows we're slowly becoming more equal.
no, it shows that this is unusual and not the norm
if people made no fuss about it whatsoever then it would be the norm and goals of acceptance would have been reached

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Crimsonclaw111 said:
It's good to see that gays are slowly being treated as equals... now if only the ideology would spread elsewhere in this backwards world, maybe we'd all be better people.
But I digress.

People shouldn't treat them as equals......they ARE equals, there's a difference between treating someone as an equal and being an equal.

Crimsonclaw111

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
People shouldn't treat them as equals......they ARE equals, there's a difference between treating someone as an equal and being an equal.

My bad, I'm pretty tired and stressed. I just wasn't clear enough, that's all. What you said is what I meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs: ANOTHER GUIDE!!!11111