Gay Marriage Legalized in New York!

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Slyakin, Jun 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Jun 25, 2011
  1. Slyakin
    OP

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    The rights of Homosexuals has taken a big leap forward, as gay marriage has been legalized in New York State!

I'm not gonna quote the source, as it is a rather large article, but the source itself is here.

I'm really happy that this was passed, but the comments from the source kind of worry me. You can already see the religious blood boiling over this.

2. Nebz

Member Nebz The N00b

United States
    Some of those comments really made me unhappy but it's whatever... everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

Tiz good for those in the state of NY.

3. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    No why New York. I live in New york I don't want to see a bunch of gay couples around. Omg this is terrible.

4. Slyakin
    OP

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    Congratulations, you're screwed.

If a gay couple is now married, how will that look different to you? Will they suddenly hold up a magical billboard above their heads saying that they're gay and married? Just saying.

I'd think that people that were gay before this would still hang around with each other.

5. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Wow, the comments were a bit harsh.

I never did understand why people are against gays. It's as if everybody thinks if someone is gay, they want to have sex with every single person imaginable. As if the gays don't have crushes, and only want to screw everybody. It's sort of sad to see that people in North America are still uptight and treat everybody as if they should have no rights.

But great job on New York, now if only the rest of America will catch up. You know you're behind in the times when we here in Canada, have allowed gay marriage for nearly 6 years now.

6. MEGAMANTROTSKY

Member MEGAMANTROTSKY GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Judging by the reaction from the right wing, I fear this battle isn't over yet.

@Jakob95: Disallowing gay marriage will hardly put a stopper on gay couples, or anal sex. Get over it, or be left behind.
    @Tanas: There's no point or need to question whether he's straight or not. In my opinion, you're providing fodder for a flame war.

7. Tanas

Member Tanas GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    And why should you care? they wont now be wanting to fuck your ass, just because they're able to get married, after all you are straight. Right?

8. iFish

Member iFish Slower than a 90s modem

Canada
    NYC has a Gay Pride parade .__.

Also, you're a fucking asshole for saying that.

Hope you enjoy the bad reputation~

9. DigitalDeviant

Member DigitalDeviant GBAtemp Addict

United States
    there were gay couples before, your point?

10. Dangy

Member Dangy Twisting Your Mind & Smashing Your Dreams

United States
    Great.

11. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    You know, I understand that people have a right to an opinion, and I'm okay with that. But come on dude, if gays have been in New York this whole time, how's it going to be different than now? You'll see rings on their fingers? HO NOES!

If they're married, there's nothing for you to worry about. Not like there is anything to worry about now.

12. stanleyopar2000

Member stanleyopar2000 The Official GBATEMP Thread Killer. No Mercy.

United States
    everyone is entitled to their own opinion.....do I like this?....well honestly I really don't give a shit...gays will be gays and straight people will be straight..I have some gay friends (on facebook) and It really doesn't piss me off...

if you have anything negative to say..keep it in your head and off the message board..because here. you'll get flammed into a burnt crisp

13. p1ngpong

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia
    That's great news.

But honestly we don't need another one of these sort of discussion threads. They always lead down the same road, the same sort of pro and anti comments, the same sort of unacceptable comments, warns and then a lock.

And although this is genuinely positive news, we don't need a discussion about it here.

Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.