Hacking Gateway Vs Smea exploit!?

Gateway or homebrew?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
Not even joking, this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long while.

Which part are you talking about? The part about reverse engineering hardware? Or? Anyone check out niemods flickr before he deleted it, showing pics of his RAM dumping set up, which presumably led him and yellows8 to discover the DS profile vulnerability? Oh no, thats right! Here at GBAtemp kernel exploits grow on trees. Soz, forgot!

Or the part about being a skilled dev? Niemod and smealum being reputable devs thoughout the DS scene, now look what they have both done for us in the next gen.

Or was it the part about privilege escalation? Check this wiki page here.

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
I hope SSSpwn never supports pirated games so I don't feel bad for buying a $60 flashcart over a $10 game

Why should you? All things considered, you had a longstanding support of ROM loading far before this, plus you have a secondary cart that allows for additional microSD storage. Given the constant updates of features online play and a relatively early support of homebrew up until now, I'd say it was money well spent.

Reactions: Huntereb

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Which part are you talking about? The part about reverse engineering hardware? Or? Anyone check out niemods flickr before he deleted it, showing pics of his RAM dumping set up, which presumably led him and yellows8 to discover the DS profile vulnerability? Oh no, thats right! Here at GBAtemp kernel exploits grow on trees. Soz, forgot!

Or the part about being a skilled dev? Niemod and smealum being reputable devs thoughout the DS scene, now look what they have both done for us in the next gen.

Calm down, son. You don't have to prove anything if people aren't willing to read themselves. No hard feelings.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
right now, i would go gateway, considering what the "Cheap" game card is going for now... http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xcubic ninja&_nkw=cubic ninja&_sacat=0

i can't believe people are really doing this
i mean paying these prices of course
it's not even half of a percent of 3ds users that cares about this , surely cubic ninja had a big enough production run to cover more than 2 percent of 3ds users
i bet i could find it at the gamestop down the street right now for $5

Silentsurvivor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why should you? All things considered, you had a longstanding support of ROM loading far before this, plus you have a secondary cart that allows for additional microSD storage. Given the constant updates of features online play and a relatively early support of homebrew up until now, I'd say it was money well spent.

I was mostly being sarcastic. But I'm on 9.x I don't have a GW yet.

Danjal

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you want to have a laugh - google "Cubic Ninja"

Apparently a "group of hackers" found a pre-existing exploit in "an old obscure game".

gypsynimrod

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji

The entire part. You're saying someone has to be "very very talented" in order to understand how a userlevel software exploit works. That's ridiculous. You're also going off the belief that whoever works towards another exploit would have to go in blind the same way people have been since. That's also ridiculous. Counter that with the way your tone is expressed and how you talk, it just all seems dimwitted.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
The articles about this on "Nintendo Life" and a few others are redonkulously cringe-worthy. They just feed the Nintendo Fanboys when they spout uninformed information, making things seem worse than they really are.

Reactions: Danjal

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
right now, i would go gateway, considering what the "Cheap" game card is going for now... http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xcubic ninja&_nkw=cubic ninja&_sacat=0
give it a few weeks once the stupid realize it isnt a rom loader they will be trying to shift their cards, and the price gougers will be trying to undercut each other to shift their investment, i think most people who wanted a copy will of already bought one by now and in a week or so Nintendo will push 9.3 which blocks the masses from the exploit anyway leaving resellers to try recoup their costs as quickly as they can

Reactions: KROWBOT

KROWBOT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can't believe people are really doing this
i mean paying these prices of course
it's not even half of a percent of 3ds users that cares about this , surely cubic ninja had a big enough production run to cover more than 2 percent of 3ds users
i bet i could find it at the gamestop down the street right now for $5

I agree with you, but i had to ask bro what is it with you and throwing around percentages all the time lol where do you get these numbers?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The articles about this on "Nintendo Life" and a few others are redonkulously cringe-worthy. They just feed the Nintendo Fanboys when they spout uninformed information, making things seem worse than they really are.

People actually read those bullshit articles? :rofl2:

Reactions: VinsCool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...