Hacking GATEWAY ULTRA v3.7.1 PUBLIC BETA

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do report back, I'm curious to see if its a Gateway specific issue or not.

Best of luck!

Huzzah! Success!

This is the process I followed to troubleshoot my Internet Browser and ultimately fix it:

GW 9.5.0-23U spoofed to 28U (Region-Changed J->U) - 3.6.2 GW Launcher - Browser Worked
3.7 GW Launcher - Browser Worked
GW 10.3.0-28U updated from cached update - Browser Broken
3.7.1 GW Launcher - Browser Broken
*EmuNAND 10.3.0-28U backup created with Decrypt9WIP
ReiNandMod by Aurora Wright 10.3.0-28U - Browser crashes and errors, but doesn't freeze system
(While in ReiNandMod) - Reset browser completely - Browser still crashes and errors, doesn't freeze system
*EmuNAND 10.3.0-28U backup restored with Decrypt9WIP
Updated GW 10.3.0-28U to 10.4.0-29U - Browser WORKS! ^_^

At this point, I would guess that the browser update in the cached system update on my EmuNAND was corrupted somehow and broke the browser when I upgraded to 10.3.0-28U (or perhaps having Nver spoofed broke the browser update, not sure). Anyway, since updating to 10.4.0-29U fixed it, I'm willing to bet that uninstalling and reinstalling the 28 version of the browser would also have fixed my issue.
Cheers! :yay3ds:

Godson777

yo waddup
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huzzah! Success!

This is the process I followed to troubleshoot my Internet Browser and ultimately fix it:

GW 9.5.0-23U spoofed to 28U (Region-Changed J->U) - 3.6.2 GW Launcher - Browser Worked
3.7 GW Launcher - Browser Worked
GW 10.3.0-28U updated from cached update - Browser Broken
3.7.1 GW Launcher - Browser Broken
*EmuNAND 10.3.0-28U backup created with Decrypt9WIP
ReiNandMod by Aurora Wright 10.3.0-28U - Browser crashes and errors, but doesn't freeze system
(While in ReiNandMod) - Reset browser completely - Browser still crashes and errors, doesn't freeze system
*EmuNAND 10.3.0-28U backup restored with Decrypt9WIP
Updated GW 10.3.0-28U to 10.4.0-29U - Browser WORKS! ^_^

At this point, I would guess that the browser update in the cached system update on my EmuNAND was corrupted somehow and broke the browser when I upgraded to 10.3.0-28U (or perhaps having Nver spoofed broke the browser update, not sure). Anyway, since updating to 10.4.0-29U fixed it, I'm willing to bet that uninstalling and reinstalling the 28 version of the browser would also have fixed my issue.
Cheers! :yay3ds:
Well, at least you were able to find the source of your problem. All I have is a freeze when loading friends list and miiverse, but I'm gonna wait it out for the next update and see if that'll fix anything. Cause I'm currently too lazy to uninstall/reinstall stuff just to get them working again. Besides I don't even use Miiverse. Friends list, however...

EDIT: WAIT NEVERMIND I JUST LET IT LOAD FRIEND LIST AND WAITED THE FREEZING OUT TO SEE IF ANYTHING WOULD HAPPEN. TURNS OUT IT'S FINE NOW, WHEEEEEEE.

...Miiverse will probably have the same result, but I don't care cause it's miiverse.

Last edited by Godson777,

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do you have "CTR-CARD Broken" even after booting to GW mode, putting your cartridge in, pressing SELECT then B (until the menu disappears) then running SaveDataFiler ?
And if you do, does it still happen when you get in that menu again and change Mode to Classic7.x+ and Classic7.x- ?

D

Deleted User

CTR-CARD Broken means the XXXXXXXXXXX.SAV file of SaveDataFiler is invalid. Copy a real sav there and it'll work fine.

ALTERNATIVELY, Delete the .SAV file and then open it with a genuine card inserted.

If you know these rules, this works fine B-)

Sorry for noobs that have no idea how this works

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And one time again Gateway reminds me of Valve... It now is end of the month and nothing...
There us no ETA for updates you need to be patient and wait like everyone else. They never said they would release anything by the end of the month. What are you waiting for anyway?

Last edited by andre104623,

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is 10.5 working with this version? Can't find any readily available info other than that thread stating false ban hammers for emuNAND users.

Edit: Found the info :

I have Gateway EmuNAND 3.7.1 on 10.4, I see there's a new system update. Is it okay to update the EmuNAND?

No the rom selection menu won't work wait for Gateway 3.7.2 soon™

Last edited by Maximilious,

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure they did. In a few reply mails. They are around in this forum
lol those are generic replies. They never said anything on there news page about releasing by the end of the month. Stop reading peoples post and just read there news page only. Gateway never gives ETAs period

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is 10.5 working with this version? Can't find any readily available info other than that thread stating false ban hammers for emuNAND users.
there is no bans its bullshit you can update emunand to the latest 10.5 on both o3ds and n3ds with 3.7.1

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got one of the mails myself...
OK LET ME SAY THIS ONE MORE TIME. GATEWAY DOES NOT GIVE ETAS PERIOD.... They are generic reply emails nothing more they send it to you to shut you up

Edit: Found the info :
Im using 10.5j with my gateway card and multirom menu works just fine you are safe to update your emunand. I dont know what xenon hacks is talking about multirom menu not working

Lurch666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK LET ME SAY THIS ONE MORE TIME. GATEWAY DOES NOT GIVE ETAS PERIOD.... They are generic reply emails nothing more they send it to you to shut you up

Im using 10.5j with my gateway card and multirom menu works just fine you are safe to update your emunand. I dont know what xenon hacks is talking about multirom menu not working

I have a euro system and have just updated my emunand to 10.5 gateway multirom menu is NOT working on mine.

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a euro system and have just updated my emunand to 10.5 gateway multirom menu is NOT working on mine.

What version of the GW launcher are you using? Did you update your Launcher.dat file to the 3.7.1 version before updating EmuNAND to 10.5?

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone else had a problem with their emunand not loading up after getting on this beta?

I've had black screen issues dating back to when it was first incepted on N3DS. It's gotten a lot better now though and loads almost all of the time. I have a harder time loading the exploit from CN now than loading emuNAND.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning