Hacking GATEWAY ULTRA v3.7.1 PUBLIC BETA

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
@garyopa do you know if the 10.3 support is not just a downgrade methode but full support like on firmware 9.2 ?
Here is what Gateway themselves have said on their own website.

With the new firmware update we would like to STRONGLY ADVISE AGAINST UPDATING your sysnand to any version higher than 10.3 (i.e. 10.4 or higher), as we will not be able to support sysnand firmware version 10.4 or higher anytime soon.

Currently there exist homebrew methods to downgrade from 10.3 to 9.2, allowing you to use your Gateway card already.
But the downgrade method is not recommended as it is error prone, dangerous and can lead to bricking.
We would like to provide our users with a more safe method, and this is one of the things we are working on.

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't forget GW already offers a downgrade method from the GW menu, left over from the MSET 4.x days where you can downgrade your o3DS (not n3DS) to 4.x firmware where GW supplies the needed files. They will probably do the same thing for 10.3 downgrade to 9.2.

The language suggests they are offering a downgrade method, but that doesn't exclude a native 10.3 launching method (*haxx), just 9.2 being easier and with EmuNAND your SysNAND version matters not.

Reactions: TheZoroark007

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Let's spin the question the other way around - is there any reason to not update? After all, the whole point of EmuNAND is so you can use as new a version firmware as possible.

I'd just update. But I recommend backing up using EmuNAND Tool first. I've just spent all night reinstalling everything after a failed updated (forcing me to format EmuNAND. No biggie, but 2 hours work).

ouch for the update fail, hmm it once or twiced failed for me too, but i didnt exit from the settings and kept on trying to update again (it didnt tell me to reboot system or anything so the fails never forced me to format the emuNAND, formatting the emuNAND on my n3ds 64gig card is a big slap in da face Dx)

Edit: Sorry had TubeHAX dns applied.. XD will update now..

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

GameSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to find out, but can someone tell if if there is a way to download the launcher.dat by itself? I hate having to dl 40 MB every time when I only need 1 file.

dungaipara

Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone please answer my simple questions? I would very much appreciate it!

1) If I buy a new 3ds xl right now what firmware would it be out of the box?
2) Connecting it to wifi will auto update to 10.4? sysnand+emunand?
3) I am guessing that will be a problem, so is there a way to only update to 10.3?

I feel like I missed the opportunity to do this because I was saving up money for a 3ds and now this stupid update comes :(

skrlegend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi everybody someone can help me please?.
I have a new 3ds xl sysnand 9.0.0-28 U and Emunand 10.4, when gateway v 3.6.2 comes out i only have sysnand and cheats go well but with this comming out i go emunand and everything was ok but when i try to cheat a game that before in sysnand i can, now i can´t in emunand and get the error message "could not load cheats" why this happen? D: someone can help me please
PD: i´m sure the ID of the .txt it´s ok.

12606864_10207607477807681_1079360181_n.jpg

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please answer my simple questions? I would very much appreciate it!

1) If I buy a new 3ds xl right now what firmware would it be out of the box?
2) Connecting it to wifi will auto update to 10.4? sysnand+emunand?
3) I am guessing that will be a problem, so is there a way to only update to 10.3?

I feel like I missed the opportunity to do this because I was saving up money for a 3ds and now this stupid update comes :(
1 - http://gbatemp.net/threads/n3ds-xl-firmware-by-version-number.381479/ (though any 3ds can be downgraded if its new)
2 - No you need to accept the pop if you get it
3 - 10.4 Emunand is supported by Gateway,Reinand, and cakes rxTools will soon.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi everybody someone can help me please?.
I have a new 3ds xl sysnand 9.0.0-28 U and Emunand 10.4, when gateway v 3.6.2 comes out i only have sysnand and cheats go well but with this comming out i go emunand and everything was ok but when i try to cheat a game that before in sysnand i can, now i can´t in emunand and get the error message "could not load cheats" why this happen? D: someone can help me please
PD: i´m sure the ID of the .txt it´s ok.

12606864_10207607477807681_1079360181_n.jpg
The cheats folder belongs on the red card
nvm maybe its a bug I cant test since I shipped my N3DS away.

Last edited by Xenon Hacks,
Reactions: skrlegend

skrlegend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
wait what? D: cheats go in the red card? not in the 3ds sd card? i have it there :0 well i try to move it to the red gateway card

skrlegend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
1 - http://gbatemp.net/threads/n3ds-xl-firmware-by-version-number.381479/ (though any 3ds can be downgraded if its new)

Lulz Thanks a lot it work xP dunno why it work in the sd card ._. thanks a lot

dungaipara

Trophies
XP
Country

Thanks a lot for the info, im a bit noob but just to clarify, I buy a new 3ds, it auto updates to 10.4 sysnand and 10.4 emunand and gateway will still work? or will it need sysnand at 10.3? This is my biggest confusion right now. Do the sysnand and emunand need to be kept at separate versions?

skrlegend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks a lot for the info, im a bit noob but just to clarify, I buy a new 3ds, it auto updates to 10.4 sysnand and 10.4 emunand and gateway will still work? or will it need sysnand at 10.3? This is my biggest confusion right now. Do the sysnand and emunand need to be kept at separate versions?

Hi men, well u need a 3ds with firmware 9.2.0-20 maximum if you have it at 10.3 you need to downgrade it, but the method to do it it´s unstable and you can brick your 3ds, other way is wait until gateway3ds want to release a new version that work with 10.3 (they going to release that soon) but no more than that if you go 10.4 u have no way to downgrade or hax your 3ds

PD: sorry for the bad english :P

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Never, never, never update your SysNAND.

The purpose of EmuNAND is you can use the latest firmware through EmuNAND while keeping your SysNAND on an older, exploitable firmware version.

If you update your SysNAND too, your EmuNAND will be unusable as you will no longer have an exploitable SysNAND.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: