Hacking GATEWAY ULTRA v3.6.1 PUBLIC BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you please Read my Post on the site Back ? https://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-ultra-v3-6-1-public-beta.407186/page-15#post-5895170
I have Blackscreen (Freeze) when i try to boot from GW.3dsx on any Methods... The first boot works , than only Blackscreen, than i boot with gw Launcher 3.5.1 from the GWBrowser Exploit and give the 3.6.1 another try. Than again the First boot sucses Booting in to GW Mode ,,and the 2,3,4,5, Boot it boot not,,, only Blackscreen,,

Can you try reinstalling Menuhax (I would recommend using installation Type 2, as it allows you to set a button to ignore Menuhax), and leaving the boot.3dsx file as the Homebrew Launcher one (So every time you reboot your 3DS, it should launch directly into the Homebrew Launcher)? Does this work when you try it?

And don't worry about the English, it's honestly not that bad. At least you're trying.

Last edited by Townsperson,
Reactions: Silverbullet09

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, i would give it a try. and test this

Basically, if you can launch the HBL through Menuhax fine, at least we know your problem is with the "Gateway.3dsx" launching. If that's the case, you can adjust CTRBootManager's config file to increase your boot rate.

Also, I'm not sure if it's a default option now, but Menuhax supports setting a boot image to display when you boot. Early on, this was reported to increase boot rate, so you may want to try that if it isn't set by default.

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
finding cheats is great, but damned is it normal that it freezes so much :/
My 3DS has never been so much in need of a reboot :/

Have you figured out a way to copy a hit directly into the cheat editor? Or even save the findings??
I can't believe we have to write down each adress and mess with it on a PC ... because the cheat engine is pretty damn good, but damn, missing a save function ??

Reactions: samiam144

Silverbullet09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes it Boot properly to the HB Launcher. I launch the GW.3dsx from her. than the Blacksreen again.... Have to Hardreset.
I have try out different methods on two 3ds her from my kids, all the same....

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it Boot properly to the HB Launcher. I launch the GW.3dsx from her. than the Blacksreen again.... Have to Hardreset.

Are you setting up menuhax from sysNAND or from emuNAND ? Because you have to set it up from sysNAND, since it would download a payload for your emuNAND version.

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So, the only thing that fails is booting Gateway's .3dsx file? Do you have Gateway properly setup (Newest Launcher.dat on the root of the SD card, etc.)? Basically, do you have your Gateway files exactly as you had them back when you launched through 4.5 (MSET)?

Silverbullet09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Are you setting up menuhax from sysNAND or from emuNAND ? Because you have to set it up from sysNAND, since it would download a payload for your emuNAND version.
Yep, it is setting up from the sysnand. The payload for 9.2.0.20E is properly downloadet over http

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And you have the "GW" folder in the "3ds" folder and "Launcher.dat" in the root of your SD card?

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Have you figured out a way to copy a hit directly into the cheat editor? Or even save the findings??
I can't believe we have to write down each adress and mess with it on a PC ... because the cheat engine is pretty damn good, but damn, missing a save function ??
No i didn't :/ , it really sux :/

Silverbullet09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So, the only thing that fails is booting Gateway's .3dsx file? Do you have Gateway properly setup (Newest Launcher.dat on the root of the SD card, etc.)? Basically, do you have your Gateway files exactly as you had them back when you launched through 4.5 (MSET)?
Yep the only thing is booting Gateways GW.3dsx file... It is the 3.6.1 launcher.dat .
On the one 3ds it loads all 3-4 try. On the other 3ds it load only the first Boot. Also when it make the blackscreen thing , and would never boot again i have to try the (old) 3.5.1 launcher.dat
and go into sysnand try the BrowserExploit to start Gatewaymod, than i change the launcher.dat to 3.6.1 launcher.dat and boot from the menuhax, to the Homebrewlauncher, and start the GW.3dsx , the first boot work,but on all other trys it fails with that Blackscreen (Freeze). and never let it boot from hblauncher,autoboot or anything.

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Who would've thought that there would be support for below 10.3. I had a feeling it was difficult as i saw many topics saying there wasnt any vulnerability.
Great year to end.

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep the only thing is booting Gateways GW.3dsx file... It is the 3.6.1 launcher.dat .
On the one 3ds it loads all 3-4 try. On the other 3ds it load only the first Boot. Also when it make the blackscreen thing , and would never boot again i have to try the (old) 3.5.1 launcher.dat
and go into sysnand try the BrowserExploit to start Gatewaymod, than i change the launcher.dat to 3.6.1 launcher.dat and boot from the menuhax, to the Homebrewlauncher, and start the GW.3dsx , the first boot work,but on all other trys it fails with that Blackscreen (Freeze). and never let it boot from hblauncher,autoboot or anything.

That's very strange. When you say "On the one 3ds it loads all 3-4 try", do you mean it works for that 3DS? As in, launching Gateway menu from the .3dsx works fine?

As for the one that fails to a black screen after the first boot, that seems extremely peculiar. There isn't a reason that it should boot once (And only once). If possible, try copying everything relating to Gateway/homebrew from the other 3DS' SD card (That would be Launcher.dat, "3ds" folder, and anything else you notice that pertains to Gateway) and use those files exactly on the failing 3DS.

If we can't figure this out, it is possible to install the MSET exploit on 9.2 (rxTools and other tings can help in installing this), so you should be able to do that rather than completely downgrading.

Silverbullet09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That's very strange. When you say "On the one 3ds it loads all 3-4 try", do you mean it works for that 3DS? As in, launching Gateway menu from the .3dsx works fine?

As for the one that fails to a black screen after the first boot, that seems extremely peculiar. There isn't a reason that it should boot once (And only once). If possible, try copying everything relating to Gateway/homebrew from the other 3DS' SD card (That would be Launcher.dat, "3ds" folder, and anything else you notice that pertains to Gateway) and use those files exactly on the failing 3DS.

If we can't figure this out, it is possible to install the MSET exploit on 9.2 (rxTools and other tings can help in installing this), so you should be able to do that rather than completely downgrading.

Yes on 1.boot Gateway run from gw.3dsx file,,,the other boot not,,, than i try 2 or 3 times,,, and than it runs again.
On the other only on the first try, than have to change de launcher to the old one,, exploit with browser, go to emunand.
Take the 3ds out ,,change the launcher.dat to the new 3.6.1 and the first boot run fine. On the other trys it fail with that f.... blackscreen.

You say the MSET Exploit run on 9.2?? I have read this iss fixed on this FW. hmm

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
What is menuhax ? lol always using profile DS to enter GW.

Anyway... who will be 1st ?
Hykem with WiiU 5.5 IOSU exploit or GW team with 10.3 support ? :D
Hykem... GW team always takes a few months for even a beta..

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes on 1.boot Gateway run from gw.3dsx file,,,the other boot not,,, than i try 2 or 3 times,,, and than it runs again.
On the other only on the first try, than have to change de launcher to the old one,, exploit with browser, go to emunand.
Take the 3ds out ,,change the launcher.dat to the new 3.6.1 and the first boot run fine. On the other trys it fail with that f.... blackscreen.

You say the MSET Exploit run on 9.2?? I have read this iss fixed on this FW. hmm

MSET is fixed on 9.X firmwares (Actually fixed on 7.X), but it is possible to downgrade to the exploitable MSET, while still having your sysnand at 9.2.

I believe every release of Gateway includes a folder titled "MSET 4.5 Installers...". This contains the two cia's you'll need to install in order to downgrade MSET (Region specific, so don't pick the wrong one). You should be able to find a guide that explains exactly how to do this.

Last edited by Townsperson,

0bvious

Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't dipped into 3DS stuff for a while, so feeling lost about some of this...

I downgraded my 3DS to 4.5 a while ago so I could use the profile exploit. I only just realised this means I can't used the ninjahax exploit on my sysnand. So does that mean I can't install homebrew browser, menuhax and this new exploits etc? I'd love to be able to boot straight into Gateway and bypass sysnand entirely. Will I have to update to 9.2 to do this?

I am basically lost on the steps needed to get this working (maybe without homebrew browser or menuhax?). Any guides out there that can help? Thanks

Last edited by 0bvious,

Silverbullet09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
MSET is fixed on 9.X firmwares (Actually fixed on 7.X), but it is possible to downgrade to the exploitable MSET, while still having your sysnand at 9.2.

I believe every release of Gateway includes a folder titled "MSET 4.5 Installers...". This contains the two cia's you'll need to install in order to downgrade MSET (Region specific, so don't pick the wrong one). You should be able to find a guide that explains exactly how to do this.
Yes is see this, but this are for the New3ds my kids have the Old3ds. And wenn i Brick the 3ds they would me Kill :wacko:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I wonder why edibles haven't caught on for meth
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Locked down from government to dispensary
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In India it has, can't remember what its called yuka I think, they have a crisis like we have with fentanal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's why we need regulation :teach:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Speak to Psi, he'll offer you some in Tempycoin. :tpi:
    +1
  • OGSniper @ OGSniper:
    Day after day, we drink beer, Night after night my heartbeat shows the fear
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Beer can be bad for your teeth
  • OGSniper @ OGSniper:
    Teeth? What Teeth?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Do crack instead. Beer is more of a depressant.
  • OGSniper @ OGSniper:
    I like taking trips without even leaving my house, if ya know what I mean.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hygienist name is Jose I'm like fuck Juan found me
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did he ask to see yo feet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Teeth
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's second cousin obsessed with teeth
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you wake up with your belt un-buckled?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Let me lift you up in my chair
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Down there, teeth removal is putting you behind an angry donkey.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Teeth removal is tying the donkeys hair to the tooth and slapping it's ass
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The cleaning stuff they used was actually nice tasted like frosting
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That'd be 2million pesos, drink this tequila for your pain.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Also buy my art senior don't forget what happened with Germany
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For reference, so everyone knows we are not racist, just like to pick on Juan, and he gives it back to us 'murdicans in return. I love me some latinos.
    +1
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    hello? anyone alive here?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm dead inside
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm dead inside