Not open for further replies.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Does it? Someone in here got a Sky3DS, and it didn't work for them on 4.x. Also, Gateway urged everyone on 5.x and above to update to 9.x, but if Sky3DS works on all firmwares, this could be just for game compatibility's sake.
That person repeatedly stated that it turned out to be a contact issue in his 3DS.

Reactions: Margen67 and Danjal

Pawed

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I want to ask a quick question! My 3ds firmware is at v6.2 so should I update to the latest firmware? Also, can someone tell me whether should I update now to the latest version?

I updated... I'd update if I were you, although it's your choice whether to believe Gateway or not.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I want to ask a quick question! My 3ds firmware is at v6.2 so should I update to the latest firmware? Also, can someone tell me whether should I update now to the latest version?
Yes, you should update to the latest 9.2.0 while you still can (before Nintendo release a new update).

Reactions: Margen67 and cvskid

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This is the screenshot email from the sky3ds official!
image.php

What this actually means: We are wording this email in a way it sounds like we hadn't put intentional limitations in our overpriced product (DMR). Also, if you decide to go to our competitors, whose product is 40% cheaper than ours in some cases, you will be considered a fanboy that buys a product without using your brain first (yes, you are "smart" for choosing our scummy card, of course). Additionally, we decided that spreading a fake rumour that would make GW's news seem to not make sense would be a good idea.

Reactions: Margen67 and Ra1d

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no new hardware required, the Sky3ds devs are being bitches and spreading false rumors, the old Gateway cards will work just fine on the latest firmware with the latest update which is yet to come.

but even if what they say is true it technically still does not require new hardware you can still use the old GW card hardware , you would just need a one time downgrade and hardware to perform it once , personally i think this would be the best thing that could ever happen , it would mean we could downgrade the new3ds to 4.5 and have region free, emunand , onscreen rom menu ,instable cia's , i would gladly buy a downgrade device , and then i could start a small downgrade service to pay for it and then some ,this would be the best case scenario, funny how sky3ds team says this like it some sort of bad thing LOL
what more could we hope for? just like the ps3 scene they had the JB dongle, then you had to buy a downgrade dongle if you were above 3.41 till geohot fw came out

i like the downgrade idea the best because then
people would have more options,the could buy the downgrade device use it and resell it, pay someone with a downgrade device a small fee to downgrade their console
or buy a downgrade device and offer a downgrade service ,i seriously hope they are right

uhh lets see.. what is better option , buying a downgrade device you can use once and resell or pay a small fee for a downgrade or buy a 1:1 clone card

with sky -
no emunand so nintendo can block it anytime

no on screen rom load menu just stupid button that takes forever to find your rom and load if you have a lot of roms

no region free

no homebrew

no eshop roms

no DLC cia installs

GW if it is a downgrade option like sky says-
pay small one time downgrade fee, or buy downgrade device and resell it

get emunand ,nintendo cant block it

get onscreen rom loading menu

get region free

get homebrew
get CIA installation

get eshop roms

get DLC

get all of these features on the latest new3ds hardware

yeah i think i would rather pay for a downgrade device or pay for a console downgrade service and for a cheaper GW card
then have a shitty 1:1 clone card solution that works on 9.x native but has none of the awesome GW features

oh yeah also if its is true then what kind of hardware would this "downgrade device" be?
probably just a revised blue GW card that runs on 9.x DS mode, so it would be cheap and people who already have a dstwo like me or another 9.x compatible DS mode flashcard would not need to buy anything extra
oh boy sky3ds you sure scared me

InfoAddict

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh man I was kind of happy that I definitely didn't have to buy the N3DS XL. Now I have to think about it ><

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You should hold out just yet my friend, for all we know, GW's solution for 9.X firmware is exactly the same as SKY's, which menas no region free.

Nope, we don't.

Yes, they said not to update, but there could be many reasons to that, one of them being, that 4.5 is a perfectly stable by itself ?Furthermore 9.x version does not introduce anything new, but will probably introduce bugs/crashes.

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So Sky3DS people want to make us think the New 3DS will work on v4.5 firmware? I find that hard to believe.

shahzehan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Just made an account to say this is great news!
I got my XL at 7.2 so I couldn't use a flashcart but now that GW has announce 9.X support I can't wait to get my hands on one!
One question though, can you get paid DLC with GW?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Just made an account to say this is great news!
I got my XL at 7.2 so I couldn't use a flashcart but now that GW has announce 9.X support I can't wait to get my hands on one!
One question though, can you get paid DLC with GW?
you can on 4.x......we are yet to hear if 9.x support will be as "robust" as the 4.x alternative or if it will be a watered down version

Reactions: Margen67

Mrbaghead

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, does anyone know what version the new 3DS ships in Japan? If gateway's solution is region free it seems like a feasible way to go. Thanks

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So Sky3DS people want to make us think the New 3DS will work on v4.5 firmware? I find that hard to believe.

Right on spot.
Firmware 8+ has changes that enables the usage of New3DS's additional hardware.
GW said it will support the New 3DS, so the new method should not work by downgrading.

Falo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
but even if what they say is true it technically still does not require new hardware you can still use the old GW card hardware , you would just need a one time downgrade and hardware to perform it once , personally i think this would be the best thing that could ever happen , it would mean we could downgrade the new3ds to 4.5 and have region free, emunand , onscreen rom menu ,instable cia's , i would gladly buy a downgrade device , and then i could start a small downgrade service to pay for it and then some ,this would be the best case scenario, funny how sky3ds team says this like it some sort of bad thing LOL

It's 100% not a downgrade, you can't downgrade a new3ds to 4.5, it would be like running windows 8 with windows xp drivers, 4.5 has no new3ds "drivers".
And if you are able to downgrade via software, then you wouldn't need a downgrade at all, you could just start any code you want on 9.X...

I'm 99% sure that gateway uses ssspwn or another game exploit and a new kernel-mode exploit to work on 9.X and that means you must buy gateway + 1 retail game.
The missing 1% is the chance that gateway found a system-exploit, like bannerbomb on wii which doesn't require you to buy a game.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right on spot.
Firmware 8+ has changes that enables the usage of New3DS's additional hardware.
GW said it will support the New 3DS, so the new method should not work by downgrading.

unless the new feature will work in emunand 9.x on new 3ds , and the 4.5new 3ds fw will be a minimal feature fw that just allows us to install and setup emunand? who knows

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's 100% not a downgrade, you can't downgrade a new3ds to 4.5, it would be like running windows 8 with windows xp drivers, 4.5 has no new3ds "drivers".
And if you are able to downgrade via software, then you wouldn't need a downgrade at all, you could just start any code you want on 9.X...

I'm 99% sure that gateway uses ssspwn or another game exploit and a new kernel-mode exploit to work on 9.X and that means you must buy gateway + 1 retail game.
The missing 1% is the chance that gateway found a system-exploit, like bannerbomb on wii which doesn't require you to buy a game.

yeah just hope it is not like someone suggested and requires an eshop game ,if they are not sure the exploit works above current fw then you would need to update to get in eshop making it very time sensitive but i doubt this is the case though , if you are right it has to be a retail cart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, no more +1