Hacking GATEWAY PUBLIC RELEASE 2.6

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
What does the checksum do? Or rather, how does it work?

To understand the checksum fix of the PK OR/AS Demo, by Kaphotics,
I tried comparing the save files, before and after applying the fix for the modified save, of the OR/AS Demo, after changing my character name Orlando to something else.

In the source code I found:
Code:
0x170,// 9 [0x3C00] trainer data
0x3C00 contains the trainer data, there I changed my name, indeed.
After the checksum fix, nothing I can find changed over there.

However, the OR/AS Demo checksum fix says that the current "CHK: 517D" has been changed to "New CHK: 57F9".
Code:
9 - Current CHK: 517D | New CHK: 57F9

So with the "9" refering to the 0x170, which is apparently 3C00.. (Not 0368?)
What are these 517D or 57F9 values?

I found those values in the save file here:
LdaN82t.png

Does that mean, that fixing a checksum means changing the starting point of where the check for that part, in this case trainer data, is supposed to happen.
Not that would make any sense, as everything looks exactly the same from those points on. I'm kinda lost here, as you can tell.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Do we have to make the rom as 3dz BEFORE converting to cia or is that irrelevant, in the case of using its save file to edit it?

I don't think you can just copy and paste a GW save file and expect it to now work with the CIA converted rom.

If you are asking for a method to keep compatibility with the Save tool with a CIA rom, then yes, it is irrelevant. Basically, if it saves, it works with the tool.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think you can just copy and paste a GW save file and expect it to now work with the CIA converted rom.

If you are asking for a method to keep compatibility with the Save tool with a CIA rom, then yes, it is irrelevant. Basically, if it saves, it works with the tool.

I was asking if converting a 3DS to cia might have a different in the CIA save file instead of a 3DZ converted to cia. Thx, the second sentence answers my question. XD

Traiver

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I have a question,

''Illegal mode'' in PKHeX is enabled. It will change any ability and it works fine. But when I'll change the level or stats, it doesn't work for me. Hacked stats is also ticked.

Can anyone help me with this out?

Thanks in advance.

Elaugaufein

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm. Not sure if this is well known but its really easy to move save files between 3DS and 3DZ games now (for those games that work with Savefiler). You can just use SaveFiler to dump a decrypted save from each rom and then swap the decrypted data (eg the main file for Pokemon) and then put them back. Tried this with Pokemon X (using the community save) and it works fine on a 3DZ now.

JCR1

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hmmm. Not sure if this is well known but its really easy to move save files between 3DS and 3DZ games now (for those games that work with Savefiler). You can just use SaveFiler to dump a decrypted save from each rom and then swap the decrypted data (eg the main file for Pokemon) and then put them back. Tried this with Pokemon X (using the community save) and it works fine on a 3DZ now.

To extract the save, I need to put a Rom in the SD card? normal or decrypted?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah for card2 games......doesn't work for card1 games which is like 99% of the 3ds library

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want savedatafiler support for card1 games, create cia (install it) from 3ds and the save will be stored on SD leaving .sav alone.

jewfro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may be a dumb question but... What is the benefit of using cia files instead of 3ds files with the gateway?

jewfro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh ok. I have the 128gb one so i dont have issues with space. Cool though for ppl who dont have big sd card

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY