Hacking GATEWAY PUBLIC RELEASE 2.6

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I thought you could go up to like 30,000 on MK7. You must not be modifying the correct value. Try saving a copy of the save at 990, then increasing/decreasing it and comparing the saves in a hex editor.
I mean no matter how i edit the right hex number, i just get 990.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
I mean no matter how i edit the right hex number, i just get 990.

It's stored in two offsets. You'll have to convert your real number to hex. For instance, 1000 would be "3E8". It could be stored facing backwards or forwards, so ctrl+f for "03 E8" and "E8 03".

And if it's anything like Mario Kart Wii, setting the value to the highest possible number (FF FF) probably won't let you play with others.

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's stored in two offsets. You'll have to convert your real number to hex. For instance, 1000 would be "3E8". It could be stored facing backwards or forwards, so ctrl+f for "03 E8" and "E8 03".

And if it's anything like Mario Kart Wii, setting the value to the highest possible number (FF FF) probably won't let you play with others.

Guys, I'd be careful here. Save editing is not as simple as changing one value. You'd also have to fix the checksum. I don't have any clue how to do this either, I tried it with OoT 3D and I think I know where the checksum is stored but I don't know how to fix it. You're gonna have to ask people like Kapothics, he is the guy who wrote PKHeX, he probably knows how to do that. If you don't fix the checksum the game will probably delete your save.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

I use HxD which convert my number automatically to the hex. So thats not the problem. I guess the checksum make the problem. But i will try it with two offsets :)

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah it run, but i dont know where the checksum is and how to fix it.
Finding where it is is pretty easy. I think MK7 counts the amount of coins collected, right? Extract your working save and copy it to your PC. Then start the game up, collect one more coin, let the game save and copy the new save file to your PC. Then compare the two files with HxD, then you should be able to easily find the offset where the amount of coins is stored and you should also find one value that has changed drastically and doesn't seem to have make any sense in the game itself. It should be somewhere at the beginning or at the end of the file. As to fixing it, I don't have the slightest clue :P

Kaphotics, can you help us here? ^^

EDIT: I think I've never used the word "then" so often in one single post :D

Reactions: pLaYeR^^

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Do saves always have checksums? Pretty sure the game would yell at him about the save being corrupted after editing it the first time if that was actually an issue.

RachelB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do saves always have checksums? Pretty sure the game would yell at him about the save being corrupted after editing it the first time if that was actually an issue.
Not always, but probably most of the time. If you try to edit it, and then it tells you it's corrupt before you even try to load the game, then it's because of a checksum mismatch.

Reactions: Huntereb

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY