Gateway Omega - GW mode doesn't boot anymore? Help!

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by ELok, Apr 10, 2014.

1. ELok
    OP

ELok GBAtemp Regular

Mar 18, 2010
    Canada
    Ok usually I just have to go to Other Settings -> Profile -> Nintendo DS profile to boot GW mode but since...right now it enter the nintendo DS profile instead of GW. Even if I press "L".

What's happenning? I made no change and I'm still at Ver. 4.5.0-10U

2. ELok
    This message by ELok has been removed from public view by Cyan, Apr 12, 2014, Reason: requested.
    Apr 10, 2014
  3. Snailface

Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Sep 20, 2010
    Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    Reinstall the profile exploit with the blue card.

4. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    Yes, you have to do this every time you play a DS game, DS flashcart, etc, anything using DS mode deactivates the exploit so you need to redo it to use Gateway again.

5. mUppenbart

mUppenbart Member

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2014
    Isn't there any fix for that? I bet lots of ppl would like to play both formats on one system? Would personally appreciate a fix for that.

6. Count Duckula

Count Duckula .

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
    It's likely not something that's fixable with the current exploit. The gateway launches via a specially crafted corrupt DS mode profile. When a DS mode game is run the system detects the corruption and recreates the DS mode profile, requiring the exploit to be installed again to continue using gateway.

7. bartimeaus91

bartimeaus91 Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.

Banned
    Apr 4, 2014
    United States
    The fact of the matter is that with the 4.x exploit with NATIVE_FIRM access, it may very well be possible as by its definition, NATIVE_FIRM access has essentially full control over the 3DS system. However, the 4.x exploit has not and probably will not be made public due to rampant piracy fears hence we will never know if its possible to do such a thing.