Hardware Gateway Omega - GW mode doesn't boot anymore? Help!

ELok

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok usually I just have to go to Other Settings -> Profile -> Nintendo DS profile to boot GW mode but since...right now it enter the nintendo DS profile instead of GW. Even if I press "L".

What's happenning? I made no change and I'm still at Ver. 4.5.0-10U

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reinstall the profile exploit with the blue card.

Yes, you have to do this every time you play a DS game, DS flashcart, etc, anything using DS mode deactivates the exploit so you need to redo it to use Gateway again.

mUppenbart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Isn't there any fix for that? I bet lots of ppl would like to play both formats on one system? Would personally appreciate a fix for that.

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Isn't there any fix for that? I bet lots of ppl would like to play both formats on one system? Would personally appreciate a fix for that.

It's likely not something that's fixable with the current exploit. The gateway launches via a specially crafted corrupt DS mode profile. When a DS mode game is run the system detects the corruption and recreates the DS mode profile, requiring the exploit to be installed again to continue using gateway.

bartimeaus91

Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The fact of the matter is that with the 4.x exploit with NATIVE_FIRM access, it may very well be possible as by its definition, NATIVE_FIRM access has essentially full control over the 3DS system. However, the 4.x exploit has not and probably will not be made public due to rampant piracy fears hence we will never know if its possible to do such a thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1