Gateway + Luma?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by warmijwilfaain, Jul 23, 2016.

1. warmijwilfaain
    OP

warmijwilfaain War Mage MILF

Sep 30, 2007
    Kent. lolol
    Apologies for a second thread but I'd really like to get this solved!

Currently running a 3DS with Luma CFW (Followed all of parts 1-5 on that often-linked, wonderful guide of Plailect's). Everything CFW-wise works, but I'd still like to use Gateway 3DS to play 3DS ROMs.

I was told to switch the arm9loaderhax.bin with Gateways version, which I have, but it just black screens.

All advice is welcome.

Also please remember you're talking to a total noob when it comes to 3DS CFW !

2. Temarile

Temarile (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)

Jan 7, 2016
    Netherlands
    Put the Launcher.dat on the root of your sd card, put the gateway arm9loaderhax.bin in the luma payloads folder and rename it to be chain loaded (ex: left_gateway.bin) and then hold down left in this case while turning the console on. Thats how I'm doing it.

Sonic Angel Knight likes this.
  3. Killaclown

Killaclown GBAtemp Regular

Feb 13, 2015
    Norway
    I also got black screens after doing the guide. are you sure you completely removed rednand form the SD and formatted it completely? Otherwise it tries to boot your unusable emunand/rednand instead of sysnand, which gives you the black screen.

4. omarroms

omarroms GBAtemp Regular

Nov 26, 2002
    United States
    The Internet
    gateway a9hl bin file doesn't work with a9hl v2. keep the luma3ds a9hl bin file on the root of the sd card and go here to get it to work with luma3ds + gateway.

Last edited by omarroms, Jul 24, 2016
  5. warmijwilfaain
    OP

warmijwilfaain War Mage MILF

Sep 30, 2007
    Kent. lolol
    Perfect! Thank you. This works.

Last edited by warmijwilfaain, Jul 24, 2016