Gaming Gateway Cheats

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
hmm i found it in clock town, but it also worked in termina field.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Errorjack - i recommend to always make codes for the latest version, don't bother removing the update/finding 1.0 :)

No the Ocarina one worked fine, I quit the game and redid it, same place. Majora's Mask on the other hand is all over the places. I'm thinking because it's been updated, things moved around.

Fuck updates, I love my games OG out of the package 1.0 for glitches. I don't need Nintendo telling me to not do this. Also if it was an online game, sure, latest updates are a must. Majora's Mask is offline, so to me, 1.0 is ideal. I got 1.0 and I'll try it to see if the update makes it dynamic. Too tired so I'll try tomorrow.

]I test it at the beginning of the game
just tested Ocarina code again with cheat file, boot game 6 times and still have no effect

DD000000 00000400
198F5077 0000CB40

Last edited by dsrules,

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
sure ok, but if we share cheats, it is nice to have for the latest version. (my opinion anyway) :)
@dsrules, did the code ever work for you? only once, and now 6 times no...? very annoying

@Errorjack - i'm on 1.1, and my code worked for me twice. maybe you misunderstood me, sorry!

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
sure ok, but if we share cheats, it is nice to have for the latest version. (my opinion anyway) :)
@dsrules, did the code ever work for you? only once, and now 6 times no...? very annoying
maybe I was using it together with ntr cheat plg and the address shift
after removed the ntr cheat plg , the code works 4 boots in a row

yeah, no effect after put cheat plg back to SD card

@cearp, did you tested using D2000000 00000000 in place of
D1000000 00000000 D0000000 00000000
works very well here

update: after looking at the hex editor Moon Jump default value is C0800000 = -4 float
set it to float 5.0 40A00000 works pretty good

Last edited by dsrules,
Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
maybe I was using it together with ntr cheat plg and the address shift
after removed the ntr cheat plg , the code works 4 boots in a row

yeah, no effect after put cheat plg back to SD card

@cearp, did you tested using D2000000 00000000 in place of
D1000000 00000000 D0000000 00000000
works very well here

update: after looking at the hex editor Moon Jump default value is C0800000 = -4 float
set it to float 5.0 40A00000 works pretty good
what's the terminator for? (it is not needed here right?)
the button activator won't touch the next cheat... right?
actually yeah maybe... usually i do add a terminator after the code is done, with button checks.
that explains some weird resukt in mm lol
but why terminate everything D2 instead of D0, the effect here will be the same yes?
i set it to 41CB and i went very fast up :)

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
what's the terminator for? (it is not needed here right?)
the button activator won't touch the next cheat... right?
actually yeah maybe... usually i do add a terminator after the code is done, with button checks.
that explains some weird resukt in mm lol
but why terminate everything D2 instead of D0, the effect here will be the same yes?
i set it to 41CB and i went very fast up :)
41xxxxxx is more than 8+ float , real 32bit address is ....74, not 8bit ...77 + 8 bit ....78

D2 is full terminator, clears everything and return offset to D3000000 00000000
if you use registers then you need to end it with D2 to avoid any side effects of other codes
button activator should also use D2, that's what they did in all NDS AR codes

Last edited by dsrules,
Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
41xxxxxx is more than 8+ float , real 32bit address is ....74, not 8bit ...77 + 8 bit ....78

D2 is full terminator, clears everything and return offset to D3000000 00000000
if you use registers then you need to end it with D2 to avoid any side effects of other codes
button activator should also use D2, that's what they did in all NDS AR codes
i understand what they do, maybe not just the best place to use them :)
ok so every time when i closed my codes with D0, i should use a D2? ok.
and when should i be using a D0? in the middle of a code, for some reason, when i want to keep the offset and data registers? i guess there could be a situation for that :)

also how would i make a code to push me down? so, reverse moon jump. if i'm in water, i want to go down :)
how do you find C0800000 is -4?

Last edited by cearp,

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
Terminator
D0000000 00000000 Loads the previous execution status. If none exists, the execution status stays at 'execute codes'.

if the first code uses registers and the second code uses regular address, if enabled both codes, then the second code will have problems if the first code didn't end with D2
i understand what they do, maybe not just the best place to use them :)
ok so every time when i closed my codes with D0, i should use a D2? ok.
and when should i be using a D0? in the middle of a code, for some reason, when i want to keep the offset and data registers? i guess there could be a situation for that :)

also how would i make a code to push me down? so, reverse moon jump. if i'm in water, i want to go down :)
how do you find C0800000 is -4?
try a lower negative float value lol
google hex to float and convert hex C0800000 to float, or the other way around

Last edited by dsrules,

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
try a lower negative float value lol
google hex to float and convert hex C0800000 to float, or the other way around
yeah i meant how do you convert a float to hex (the calculator i use doesn't support that) i wasn't sure, thanks, i didn't know it was that obvious as using google. sorry :D

caitsith2

Trophies
a secret location 93 million miles from the sun
Website
www.caitsith2.com
XP
Country
Canada
Seems the updated codes for badge arcade o3DS USA are

32C22D5C - practice
32868C4C - free play

I am now doing ram dumps, so that when the offsets change once again, I can hopefully work out a pointer code, so that we don't have to keep searching for semi-static addresses. I think I kind of have one sort of worked out, except that it appears to be more than one layer deep, as I have kind of noticed the pointer address did shift around as well. Sadly, I didn't keep the previous ram dumps, so I gotta wait till they change the offsets once again.

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
yeah i meant how do you convert a float to hex (the calculator i use doesn't support that) i wasn't sure, thanks, i didn't know it was that obvious as using google. sorry :D
Remember my question about pokemon earlier? How about this, it's a tad off topic, and I'm sorry for that, but, how does one get their shiny value...? You're smart, help me. xD

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Seems the updated codes for badge arcade o3DS USA are

32C22D5C - practice
32868C4C - free play

I am now doing ram dumps, so that when the offsets change once again, I can hopefully work out a pointer code, so that we don't have to keep searching for semi-static addresses. I think I kind of have one sort of worked out, except that it appears to be more than one layer deep, as I have kind of noticed the pointer address did shift around as well. Sadly, I didn't keep the previous ram dumps, so I gotta wait till they change the offsets once again.
so, it is as 'simple' as finding an address that contains the value of the address for the plays?
or, as you say another layer in this case, so an address that contains the value for an address that contains the value of the plays? :)
is that hard to find?

Remember my question about pokemon earlier? How about this, it's a tad off topic, and I'm sorry for that, but, how does one get their shiny value...? You're smart, help me. xD
haha compliments will not help me get this :)
whether a pokemon is shiny or not is dependent on it's PID (pokemin id, a big long number, kind of a unique id) i believe.
i don't think a shiny code is very simple :) i can't help sorry

Reactions: Ruby Gloom

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
so, it is as 'simple' as finding an address that contains the value of the address for the plays?
or, as you say another layer in this case, so an address that contains the value for an address that contains the value of the plays? :)
is that hard to find?

haha compliments will not help me get this :)
whether a pokemon is shiny or not is dependent on it's PID (pokemin id, a big long number, kind of a unique id) i believe.
i don't think a shiny code is very simple :) i can't help sorry
Thanks for trying, though. [emoji14]
---
Has anyone done some stuff with smash brothers yet? I'm curious of what can be done

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
No, I search for mine. But then I hit fort42 and don't know what to do with those codes. I don't have PC access so I'm out of luck...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P