Hacking Gateway Blue Card not showing up in Sysnand. Do I need to modify anything?

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i have GW, RXtools and reinand
i installed it on sysnand nothing than on emunand the same

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

do you have a n3ds or o3ds?

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@sacredshinobi well, ditch that TWL file because it doesn't work for you, you are trying to acomplish something different here that has nothing to do with TWL_FIRM

Get bluecardfix.cia, boot some CFW into sysnand, boot FBI, select destination to NAND, bluecardfix.cia should work in your sysnand.

@Cenk Akbaba Are you sure you did it this way?^^^ Because I think you were trying to install stuff into sysnand but you were actually in emunand.
you can boot fbi even in emunand and install to sysnand from there

Last edited by Tony_93,

Purple_Heart

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i am sure for real xD

but i have coldboot anyway so the patched twl is perfect for me (my n3ds wont boot in sysnand)

only if i exit sd card management on n3ds settingsapp

Last edited by Purple_Heart,

sacredshinobi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@sacredshinobi well, ditch that TWL file because it doesn't work for you, you are trying to acomplish something different here that has nothing to do with TWL_FIRM

Get bluecardfix.cia, boot some CFW into sysnand, boot FBI, select destination to NAND, bluecardfix.cia should work in your sysnand.

@Cenk Akbaba Are you sure you did it this way?^^^ Because I think you were trying to install stuff into sysnand but you were actually in emunand.

So you're telling me that if twl_firm did successfully install I still WOULDN'T be able to play my blue card on Emunand?

Purple_Heart

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
sry i am cofused today i cant think propably

no if it was installed you can play on emunand only (and only cfw not gw mode)

in GW Mode you get a blackscreen

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you're telling me that if twl_firm did successfully install I still WOULDN'T be able to play my blue card on Emunand?

Yes

TWL_FIRM is for DSiWARE games, not DS Mode...

By the way, you can only use the blue card in sysnand if you use *Gateway Mode*, it doesn't work in emunand (Gateway team never bothered adding DS/DSi/GBA support to emunand).

If you use a CFW in the other hand, you can use DS Mode in emunand (your blue card).

Last edited by Tony_93,

sacredshinobi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes

TWL_FIRM is for DSi mode, not DS Mode...

By the way, you can only use the blue card in sysnand if you use *Gateway Mode*, it doesn't work in emunand (Gateway team never bothered adding DS/DSi/GBA support to emunand).

If you use a CFW in the other hand, you can use DS Mode in emunand (your blue card).

I appreciate your help, just a few questions though

1. I've read multiple people saying that their flashcards are working after getting twl_firm installed

2. What is gateway mode again? Gateway takes you into the emunand doesn't it?

3. So you're saying I CAN use the blue card in Emunand if i'm using a CFW (i'm using Rei)? And I do this by installing bluecardfix.cia? If so do I install it onto emunand?

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate your help, just a few questions though

1. I've read multiple people saying that their flashcards are working after getting twl_firm installed

2. What is gateway mode again? Gateway takes you into the emunand doesn't it?

3. So you're saying I CAN use the blue card in Emunand if i'm using a CFW (i'm using Rei)? And I do this by installing bluecardfix.cia? If so do I install it onto emunand?

1) Take a look at this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/twl-slot-1-launcher-first-custom-dsiware-app.414501/ But simply installing TWL_FIRM won't work, you can go ahead and do it if you want, but what you need is actually called bluecardfix.cia

2)Yes, Gateway mode is when you go to emunand from a Gateway red card, DS Games, DS flashcarts, GBA and DSiWARE games won't work here.

3)Yes, install bluecardfix.cia to both sysnand and emunand and it will work in emunand.

sacredshinobi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Take a look at this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/twl-slot-1-launcher-first-custom-dsiware-app.414501/ But simply installing TWL_FIRM won't work, you can go ahead and do it if you want, but what you need is actually called bluecardfix.cia

2)Yes, Gateway mode is when you go to emunand from a Gateway red card, DS Games, DS flashcarts, GBA and DSiWARE games won't work here.

3)Yes, install bluecardfix.cia to both sysnand and emunand and it will work in emunand.

Why would I need to install it to sysnand too? Just curious.

Also, HOW do I install it to Sysnand?

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would I need to install it to sysnand too? Just curious.

Also, HOW do I install it to Sysnand?

1) The same reason you need to install the patched AGB firm to both sysnand and emunand for GBA games to run in emunand (o3DS)... Whe you run a DS game the system reboots into DS Mode, is not emulation, it is native backwards compatibility, when the system reboots it will look for the DS Mode in sysnand, if bluecardfix is not there it will blackscreen since it will be a higher version where bluecard it is actually blocked.

2)
* Boot some CFW into sysnand (PastaCFW/rxTools Pasta Mode/Minipasta, etc...)

*Boot FBI (homebrew launcher version is fine).

*Select destination to NAND.

*Install it.

Last edited by Tony_93,

sacredshinobi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) The same reason you need to install the patched AGB firm to both sysnand and emunand for GBA games to run in emunand (o3DS)... Whe you run a DS game the system reboots into DS Mode, is not emulation, it is native backwards compatibility, when the system reboots it will look for the DS Mode in sysnand, if bluecardfix is not there it will blackscreen since it will be a higher version where bluecard it is actually blocked.

2)
* Boot some CFW into sysnand (PastaCFW/rxTools Pasta Mode/Minipasta, etc...)

*Boot FBI (homebrew launcher version is fine).

*Select destination to NAND.

*Install it.

Can I do it by loading homebrew launcher through browserhax and installing it from fbi on there?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delete TWL with FBI first (the title ID can be found in the title list at 3dbrew). Then install the .cia.

@Tony_93 TWL_NAND is used for ANYTHING DS related. DSIware or carts. The patched one will allow the blue card to work. The patched TWL will allow cards to work that the bluecardfix/flashcardtimewarp won't even fix.

By the way, you need sigchecks patched to install a modified file (patched TWL_NAND) so you need to boot a CFW into sysnand, THEN boot HBL via browserhax or whatever and use FBI to install it. (use FBI.3dsx to install FBI.CIA into sysnand while you're at it).

EDIT: Maybe... without the bluecardfix or flashcardtimewarp, the blue card won't show up, but with the patched TWL_NAND installed, you can make it work with @Apache Thunder's TWL launcher. You may just want to install both things instead. Or just flashcardtimewarp. That's all you really need for your blue card. The patched TWL allows for using hacked DS roms on your flash card and hacked DSiware and such though...

Last edited by urherenow,

Purple_Heart

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
sigh...... i got a n3ds fw 9.9. dgraded it to 9.2 than created emunand and upgrded to 10.6.
bluecard didnt work on emu and sys. i installed patched twl_NAND and now my bluecard works on emu (only cfw not gw mode)

Last edited by Purple_Heart,

sacredshinobi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delete TWL with FBI first (the title ID can be found in the title list at 3dbrew). Then install the .cia.

@Tony_93 TWL_NAND is used for ANYTHING DS related. DSIware or carts. The patched one will allow the blue card to work. The patched TWL will allow cards to work that the bluecardfix/flashcardtimewarp won't even fix.

By the way, you need sigchecks patched to install a modified file (patched TWL_NAND) so you need to boot a CFW into sysnand, THEN boot HBL via browserhax or whatever and use FBI to install it. (use FBI.3dsx to install FBI.CIA into sysnand while you're at it).

EDIT: Maybe... without the bluecardfix or flashcardtimewarp, the blue card won't show up, but with those installed, you can make them work with @Apache Thunder's TWL launcher.

Okay are you talking about twl_firm or twl_nand? I installed twl_firm (and this is what apache thunder was talking about)

So is twl_nand something else? How do I patch sigchecks?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: