Hacking Gateway Blue Card not showing up in Sysnand. Do I need to modify anything?

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
no use that on emunand boot it and change installlocation to nand and instal twl_nand (when you boot it in emu and choose nand location it installs in sys)
but use reinand cause GW Mode can brick your 3ds)

sacredshinobi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh i see you are trying to install patched twl-firm . . . then it goes on emunand not sysnand

no use that on emunand boot it and change installlocation to nand and instal twl_nand (when you boot it in emu and choose nand location it installs in sys)
but use reinand cause GW Mode can brick your 3ds)

I am trying to follow the steps in this video

Copy and pasting the text directions from the guy in the video, here they are.

Download the files in video description. copy the folders to your SD card.

1. Open FBI on SysNAND
  2. Tap R twice to go to Title Delete mode, and L once to enter NAND destination

3. Find and delete the title 0004800F484E4841 (Nintendo DS Cart Whitelist), this will be one of the various (N/A) listings, so step through them slowly (to delete, tap A twice then hit start).

4. (ONLY ON OLD 3DS) Look for and delete the title 0004013800000102 (TWL_NAND), this is much easier to find because it's going to be one of the CTR-P-CTAP listings

5. Tap R to return to "Install CIA" mode.

6. Browse to your CIA folder and go into the "Downgrades To Enable DS Carts" folder

7. Select the highest "DS Cart Whitelist" before the FW that banned your DS cart (try the 0 one first, but if it fails, try the closest thing to the last working version), and install by tapping A twice, then push start.

8. (ONLY ON OLD 3DS) Select the highest "TWL_FIRM" that precedes the FW that banned your DS cart (if in doubt. 4.0.0-7 is a good first option to try).

9. Restart your 3DS. Insert your old DS flash cart. If it works now, congratulations. If not, keep trying different versions of the files, being sure to uninstall them before trying a new one each time.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i see that was the recently "old" way the newer method @Cenk Akbaba is trying to explain just came out like last week
and will leave you in a state where you can play your flashcard from emunand (but not from sysnand without cfw)

that is a very outdated video for the old method btw but it will work as intended (with the old method ds flashcards only work without cfw running)

Purple_Heart

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i dloaded the files and i was wrong i dloaded the files on that site

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

yes only emu

sacredshinobi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i see that was the recently "old" way the newer method @Cenk Akbaba is trying to explain just came out like last week
and will leave you in a state where you can play your flashcard from emunand (but not from sysnand without cfw)

that is a very outdated video for the old method btw but it will work as intended (with the old method ds flashcards only work without cfw running)

So there's a method that lets me play it on Emunand! That would be much better.

So I essentially install a CIA onto Emunand? Where can I learn how to do this method?

I really appreciate the advice by the way guys, this community is really great.

Purple_Heart

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
but we cant link the files of new method cause it is forbidden here to share links of THAT Site even the name

download the beta 2 there is the twl for o3ds

Last edited by Purple_Heart,

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can boot fbi even in emunand and install to sysnand from there

This is totally wrong, if you want to use and install stuff using FBI to sysnand, YOU HAVE TO BOOT FBI WHILE BOOTED SYSNAND, booting FBI while you are in emunand and isntalling something to "NAND" WON'T INSTALL IT TO SYSNAND.

Purple_Heart

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ah true it will instal to nand of emunand sry i am sometimes dumb

should i remove the rxtools link is it forbidden?

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah true it will instal to nand of emunand sry i am sometimes dumb

should i remove the rxtools link is it forbidden?

rxTools and other CFW links are okay to post since they usually don't have copyrighted stuff in it (Except for Reinand that has slot25x key)

Purple_Heart

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the rxtools page says: Beta2 : TWL patches added for O3DS (DSI mode patches)
does that mean i dont need patched twl_nand ?
i installed beta 2 and there is no install option for twl

it doesnt show the option on my n3ds i didnt test on o3ds cause its bricked

Last edited by Purple_Heart,

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@sacredshinobi @Cenk Akbaba If you want to unblock old DS flashcarts (Such as Gateway blue card) blocked by firmware updates, you don't need to mess around with TWL_FIRM at all, Bluecardfix.cia/DSWHITELIST1.0.cia installed is all you need, since these flashcarts run in DS MODE (TWL_FIRM is DSi MODE), 2 similar but actually different things.

sacredshinobi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@sacredshinobi @Cenk Akbaba If you want to unblock old DS flashcarts (Such as Gateway blue card) blocked by firmware updates, you don't need to mess around with TWL_FIRM at all, Bluecardfix.cia/DSWHITELIST1.0.cia installed is all you need, since these flashcarts run in DS MODE (TWL_FIRM is DSi MODE), 2 similar but actually different things.

Well I already have the TWL_FIRM cia, the only issue is that it wouldn't install!

Here's a pic of what it shows (linking to it to save space)

http://i.imgur.com/lBnchIx.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    +1
    I had EarthLink lol
    A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol
    +1
    So glad I'm not in prison lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea marriage is a bitch sometimes...
    I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol
    I knocked the east coast backbone of EarthLink offline for like 6 hours one time, was on the news and everything well I mean I wasn't on the news.... Just they where having "technical difficulties" lol
    +1
    Was just one single custom packet. I miss when Internet security was an afterthought lol almost all modems and network hardware operated in promiscuous mode.
    Now these days they do sanity checks.... The source IP can't also be the destination IP lol
    They did end up using some of my stuff in the first Gulf war though lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GUYS I JUST COMMENTED A YOUR MOM JOKE ON A GACHA YT COMMUNITY POST (the algorithm has cursed me in terms of community posts, bc I fuck around on that sort of community post, just commenting and being a jackass)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT FELT SO GOOD
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the OP made a couple vocaloid characters, and the post had the caption "Guess who I did 💙💛❤️

hint: they're from vocaloid"
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    to which I responded:
    "Guess who I did 💙💛❤️

hint: it's uremum"
    +1
    I studied IPV6 if they hadn't passed the cyber terrorism laws omg.... In theory I have some awesome pranks but I'm afraid to test them lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I studied IPV6 if they hadn't passed the cyber terrorism laws omg.... In theory I have some...