Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

csos95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to stay positive, but every day it looks more like what happened last year will happen again and I keep going back and forth on whether or not to cancel my N3DS ll order before it ships (ordered from nippon and they won't start processing new orders until the 5th) because if it turns out the email saying the update is finished was a fake then I'll have a N3DS ll that I wont be able to use with my current games or new games unless i want to import games.

Madao64

Really Useless Old man
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Senegal
I'm probably going to sound dumb and repeat something that's been said, but I'm not gonna scroll through 600 pages of hype, argument, and other nonsense just to find out.

Towards the end of the N3DS Video, the red nail lady goes to system settings. And there's no "GW" behind the firmware version. Again, I may sound completely stupid, and I apologize in advance. But I just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one who noticed.

That must mean they installed a .cia to sysNAND? Or am I being dumb, like I previously mentioned?
.......actually, you're right. How did she do that?

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to stay positive, but every day it looks more like what happened last year will happen again and I keep going back and forth on whether or not to cancel my N3DS ll order before it ships (ordered from nippon and they won't start processing new orders until the 5th) because if it turns out the email saying the update is finished was a fake then I'll have a N3DS ll that I wont be able to use with my current games or new games unless i want to import games.

9.2 will come out eventually, you'd just have an unusable N3DS for a while. No biggie.

mastermodr94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rewatching now!!

EDIT: You are absolutely correct.... It seems they just installed a .cia to the sysNAND. If that is the case thats an awesome find. It may be they they had not set it up to inject GW into the firmware version number so that they didnt show off emunand. You never know!

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have a feeling that this exploit might actually patch sysNAND in addition to enabling emuNAND. And to keep people from using BigBlueLauncher without buying a Gateway, they'll force you to use the GW to install it in the first place. Simple.

BemaniAK

Trophies
XP
Country
Ninjhax was blocked too quickly. Unless Smealum has something up his sleeve to fix it or someone else makes a homebrew only launcher that works past 9.2 and is a little more future proof, any HB coders will probably move on to (GW?) where people can actually use the things they've worked so hard on. On card GBA/SNES emulators may be (most likely are) dead, but probably not because of Ninjhax. Just my opinion, anyway.
I meant in the context of GW users, who will need to stay on 9.2 or lower anyway.

satanicangel

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I'm probably going to sound dumb and repeat something that's been said, but I'm not gonna scroll through 600 pages of hype, argument, and other nonsense just to find out.

Towards the end of the N3DS Video, the red nail lady goes to system settings. And there's no "GW" behind the firmware version. Again, I may sound completely stupid, and I apologize in advance. But I just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one who noticed.

That must mean they installed a .cia to sysNAND? Or am I being dumb, like I previously mentioned?

I am not sure you are trolling or not.... but here are a few points:
1) Our Emunand has GW IN FRONT of the firmware version.
2) The reason behind that is not because it is emunand, in fact it was added to make you distinguish between emunand and sysnand
3) It was added by GW team
4) It can chose to be not added to their preference, they can put GW3DS, SHIT3DS, GOD3DS, NOTHING3DS or just 3DS
5) Conclusion: We won't know whether it is emunand or not, unless they tell us.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That issue has been debated extensively and the consensus seems to be that the video was a prototype and the software was not complete. We shall see "in a few days(TM)"

mastermodr94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2) The reason behind that is not because it is emunand, in fact it was added to make you distinguish between emunand and sysnand
4) It can chose to be not added to their preference, they can put GW3DS, SHIT3DS, GOD3DS, NOTHING3DS or just 3DS
Yes and I stated this but it could also be because its running on sysnand

csos95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to go to a party tonight (damn social life, why can't I just sit at home hitting f5?) so just incase it does release while I'm there, I'm taking my 3ds, flashcards, micro sd cards, and otg cable/sd card adapter for my phone. that way if it releases ands it's still just simple drag and drop i can do it immediately. :lol:

Reactions: VinsCool

Godson777

yo waddup
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

In front, behind, I always confuse them. ._.

And no, I'm not trolling, I was being dead serious. That's why I apologized like three times if I sounded dumb.

That issue has been debated extensively and the consensus seems to be that the video was a prototype and the software was not complete. We shall see "in a few days(TM)"

'kay, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one who noticed. Thanks.

Aww......and what do we talk about now?

We can always complain about how long we're waiting for the update. Heck, maybe I'll even join this little hype train and start posting in this thread often.

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would absolutely be nice.

The SCDS2 had a lot of competition and needed the features to differentiate itself and justify the higher price point. Right now the only competition GW has is Sky and those are features it will never be able to offer. You buy a 3DS primarily for 3DS games and a flashcart for backups. I just don't see many 3DS owners deciding not to buy a GW because it doesn't offer awesome emulators.

That's a fair point. But witness the rebirth of GBA flash carts because SCDS2 GBA emulation was not up to snuff. Emulation IS a big deal to a lot of people, and especially on the go they'd really rather only have one device to do it properly. The SCDS2's on board CPU software is really just it having a Dingoo coded into its FPGA. So which would you rather carry: DS + SCDS2 or DS + Dingoo? See what I mean?

If my Tegra Note could run 3DS software as well as a 3DS (or even acceptably so) I'd quit carrying the both of them all the time and my 3DS would start collecting dust. Wouldn't you also consolidate in a similar situation?

"Not buy it"? No. Buy it because it now has a compelling feature they want that the old feature set didn't convince them to buy before? Hell yes.

anuraag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This has probably been asked before, but I really dont wanna go through 600 pages so....Is it possible to get cia's of 3ds games that are eshop exclusives such as Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies?

Reactions: Thomas12345

Piepokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has probably been asked before, but I really dont wanna go through 600 pages so....Is it possible to get cia's of 3ds games that are eshop exclusives such as Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies?
Yep. And themes, but themes are region locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: But let's see what GabeN decides though