Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonicx64

任豚好騙!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I were forced to make a guess, I'd say 00:00 GMT, January 1st.

I'm not forced to make a guess, though.

I'm not sure if Gateway makes prompt updates like that based on time looking at the past times on their website.

But they had an update last year on January 1st at 10:46am GMT

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The last thing I would want to deal with on New Years Day is server issues from the deluge and trying to get support from my hosting firm. No prediction, but if I were Gateway, at this point, I would wait until Jan 2.

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
The last thing I would want to deal with on New Years Day is server issues from the deluge and trying to get support from my hosting firm. No prediction, but if I were Gateway, at this point, I would wait until Jan 2.
Or just say screw it, if the server goes down, we'll repair it the next day. take the rest of the day off

Reactions: Wilhelm

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or just say screw it, if the server goes down, we'll repair it the next day. take the rest of the day off
Exactly. Nursing a hangover, swallow some more Advil, take a bong hit and stick my head back under the pillow. I was there once.

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QR codes do more than just that. They tell the system to download a package. That package is on a server. Thst server will be flooded once people start using it.

EDIT: I'm just saying why a simple Print screen isn't necessarily going to work.

No, actually they don't... Or rather some QR codes do but not all (or even most). Most of the ones you are probably used to contain URL's to the things they are supposed to help you get to and I suspect this is why many people think this. QR codes can contain absolutely anything w/in space limits: URL's, pics, programs, a letter to your granny, music, Crashmo levels, Ninjhax's ROP chain, Mii's; they just need software to interpret the data they contain.

If you doubt this turn off your 3DS' WiFi (hell, disable the WiFi on your router if it makes you feel better), and start scanning codes in Mii Maker at this site. You will get the Mii's you scan immediately, they will not download it later when you can connect to a server.

The initial payload of an exploit is usually and necessarily very small and just directs the system to start running "Launcher.dat" (GW 3DS), "boot.elf" (Wii HBC), etc. The activation, if it is QR code based, can and most likely will be contained completely in that QR code. In fact, carrying it around on a piece of paper will most likely become the new "blue cartridge" if this proves to be the activation method.

This isn't CFW or the Homebrew Channel on your Wii or any such. It will not be permanently on your system. Every time you leave GW mode you will need to reactivate the exploit... And ask the people on 4.5 w/ GW's who accidentally updated their sysNAND while they thought they were on emyNAND just how easy it is to leave GW mode.

---

Sorry if someone already addressed this, but I'm on page 573 out of 593 and trying to catch up.

And sorry, 2Hack, you seem an alright guy, but I couldn't let this misinformation stand. :-/

viral777

mecha connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Y2k15 is going to cause the Gateway site to be shut down forever, and the update will never been seen again. The lost update.

Godson777

yo waddup
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been lurking this thread for a bit, as well as asking one question. So no one will probably recognize me.

Anyways. I just finished buying THIS Micro SD. And I'm planning on getting a gateway on THIS site.

A couple of questions I want to ask, however. And I apologize if I sound like a noob, but I want to double check to see if I understand correctly.

1. Has anyone heard/bought from the site I'm planning on getting a gateway from?
2. From what I understand, emuNAND shares the same data as sysNAND, minus games installed from .cia, right?
3. I have some legit games on my sysNAND. None of them will be affected by gateway/emuNAND, correct?
4. What's the point of using eShop on emuNAND if everyone's using .cia for just about everything?
-4a. Is it even possible to update games, weather it be from .cia or legit through eShop while on emuNAND?

That's about it for now.

kthx.

henn64

I don't know what I'm doing with my life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been lurking for a bit, as well as asking one question. So no one will probably recognize me.

Anyways. I just finished buying THIS Micro SD. And I'm planning on getting a gateway on THIS site.

A couple of questions I want to ask, however. And I apologize if I sound like a noob, but I want to double check to see if I understand correctly.

1. Has anyone heard/bought from the site I'm planning on getting a gateway from?
2. From what I understand, emuNAND shares the same data as sysNAND, minus games installed from .cia, right?
3. I have some legit games on my sysNAND. None of them will be affected by gateway/emuNAND, correct?
4. What's the point of using eShop on emuNAND if everyone's using .cia for just about everything?
-4a. Is it even possible to update games, weather it be from .cia or legit through eShop while on emuNAND?

That's about it for now.

kthx.

1 Eachmall.me is where I got mine. It's legit.
2 Initially. You can redownload all eshop games. Entering Data Management on sysnand i believe deletes all installed .cias. Formatting emunand will "unlink" it. You will then have a different 3ds system on emunand. You can no longer redownloal/use your old NNID
3 Downloaded or Carts can be played in Emunand Classic mode except DS(i) games.
4 Eshop allows downloading games that might not be online as cia/3ds files. Nothing on the eshop can be free.
4a Yes

Reactions: CamelSnus

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
I've been lurking this thread for a bit, as well as asking one question. So no one will probably recognize me.

That's about it for now.

kthx.

1) I have not heard of it. I strongly suggest buying solely from authorized resellers to avoid any fakes. I mean, if you save a buck buying from a random seller, then find out it's fake, you still lose a ton of cash. Call it 'peace of mind tax'
2) emunand is just that. An Emulated sysNAND that runs off of your SD card.

4. Eshop is convenient, cia is a hassle.
4.5) yes

:D

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland

That's about it for now.

kthx.
I ordered mine from eachmail, the seller sent it about 3 days after order, despite "ships in 24 hours"

-

should be fine, have some myself.

seems easier to download updates on eshop than hunting for them, pulling out the sd, installing etc.

a lot of posts here say it is, so probably.

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
4. Eshop is convenient, cia is a hassle.

cia is much easier than going through the slow process of loading the eshop and downloading as if it was 56kbps all over again. cia? I just open winscp, ftbrony, drag over the file and install.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/UxksoExrJB0?si=8EumplGLubjnxheU